frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

THE BIBLE, THE GREATEST FAIRYTALE EVER TOLD.THE MARKETING TOOL TO CONTROL PEOPLE

Debate Information

The BIBLE......ever since the book of Genesis, logic tells you its all wrong and impossible. Lets debate about it would ya?
Happy_KillbotsmoothieAlofRI

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to disagree with the information they been given than to appreciate what has been done by the previous generation, which should inspire them to accomplish more in the future.
    Impossible is not a fact.
    It is an opinion.
    An opinion that is held by doubters, skeptics, and cynics who will remain irresolute regardless of any proof they receive.
    Yet there remains the fact that impossible has been done and will continue to be done despite their opinion.

• Over 35 different authors wrote the bible. How could the bible be a "fairy tale" when those authors were devoted to writing it? And besides, the Bible was written over a long period of time. Were you born when the world started?
    Dee
  • IamachristianIamachristian 23 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    And If you called the events of the bible wrong, then looks at the logic of the Big Bang.(Info from https://www.space.com/25126-big-bang-theory.html.) Over 13.8 billion years ago, all the energy of the Universe went into one spot. How did that happen? That would just be impossible in logic nowadays. Then a big explosion came, making all life by energy. How does an explosion make life? If you release energy, like an explosion, it brings destruction. For example: WW2(World War 2) came about, the Americans made something called the "atomic bomb." They dropped it on Japan, The bomb blew up, and the Americans transferred energy to them. You see, you need something to make good energy.  
    PlaffelvohfenDeeAlofRI
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  
    I do not think it is the greatest; as far as fairy tales go, it is fairly mediocre, in my opinion. Granted, it does have a lot of pretty deep thoughts, but the general narrative is somewhat scrambled, with loosely connected pieces here and there.

The greatest fairy tale I have ever read was arguably the Spice and Wolf series by Isuna Hasekura. It is far from the most sophisticated book series, but it offers so many practical lessons on economics, psychology, romantic interaction, cultural differences, etc., that you can become a very mature person in many regards by just reading them and processing the author's insight intelligently.

I would also recommend Atlas Shrugged, if it was not such a dry read. It is a good example of a fairy tale that could easily become the most famous book in the history of mankind, as the ideological messages it sends are absolutely unprecedented and have a potential to uplift humanity to unimaginable heights - but due to the author's lack of writing skills, the characters turned out very one-dimensional and dull, and the books are a bit of a torture to go through.
    Then, again, so is the Bible. I read somewhere that Atlas Shrugged at some point (maybe to this day) was the second most bought book in the US, after the Bible. I would say that if anything is to serve as a "holy book" for the majority of the population, then it has to be Atlas Shrugged. Messages in that book have never been as relevant as they are today.
  • The Old testament in the bible splits these books in 4 parts.The first five books of the bible are called Pentateuch. Pentateuch has Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. The historical books have Joshua, Judges, Ruth, Samuel, Kings and Chronicles. The Wisdom Books have Job, Pslams, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes and Song of Solomon. And lastly and the Prophetic Books. I won't go over that one because i'll go to sleep soon.
    Pentateuch means the first five books of the Bible.
    Wisdom Books have sacred texts, and contain wisdom.
    History Books talk about the greatest achievements in Human history.
    Prophetic books contain the prophecies.
    You see, the bible is the only book which can interpret itself without any other books.
    I'll go over New testament tomorrow as I will have to sleep. 
  • The New Testament in the bible gets divided into 3 parts.The Gospels and Acts of the Apostles, The Epistles, and the Revelation to John.
    The Gospels and Acts of the Apostles talks about Jesus' life, and how he died for our sins.
    The Epistles were written to early churches.
    The Revelation to John talks about the events when jesus will come.
    Did these authors write a "fairy tale" after years now?
  • After long years of writing, the bible was put together. Why would these authors be writing this "Fairy tale"? I do not think this is a fairy tale. The Authors of the bible did not know each other. They were from different lands, and wrote this in different times.
  •  In the bible, In Daniel 12:4, this verse talks about how "knowledge will increase." Today, we humans are becoming smarter by technology. Mathew 24:7 and Luke 21:11 mention plagues, famines, and earthquakes as signs. https://www.livescience.com/414-scientists-natural-disasters-common.html Disasters are becoming more common.