frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Can Infinity Have A Center Point Of Origin?

Debate Information

I think it is possible for infinity to have a center point of origin.
We will never be able to fully define exactly where it may reside, anymore then we can prove how big infinity truly is, but since infinite space simply exists on a multi finite level of infinities one could make the argument that yes it is possible.
What say you?

1. Live Poll

Can Infinity Have A Center Point Of Origin?

4 votes
    1. Yes
      25.00%
    2. No
      75.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    I think it is possible for infinity to have a center point of origin.

I don’t get what you mean by a centre point, but say we had a building that went on for infinity it still has to have a foundation.

If you’re saying there must be a point that’s precisely central well no , that’s not possible , because one couldn’t  ascertain where the centre was without having an end point 

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    Well technically, the center point of an infinity is... Everywhere at once... 
    Haydn_E_SheldonZeusAres42
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6045 Pts   -  
    It strongly depends on what infinity you are talking about. In topology, there is an interesting object called "real projective space": it is hard to describe what it is in proper terms, but you can visualise it as a point with infinite lines coming from it in all directions, and every one of these lines playing the role of a point. Obviously the object is infinite, as it contains an infinite number of those "point-lines", yet it does have center point of origin (which itself does not belong to the real projective space, but it does exist in the most general sense).

On the other hand, if you just look at the set of all integer numbers, then there is no central point to speak of. You could say that 0 is the central point, but I could just as well say that 3248792982347 is, and neither of us is "more right". 

When speaking of the Universe, any possible point can play the role of a central point. But for a given individual, in their personal frame of reference, probably the center of their brain would be the central point of the Universe, as everything happening around him/her will appear as if centered at that exact point.
    Haydn_E_Sheldon
  • @Dee Yes I understand how it would work when dealing with finite objects where one can easily determine such end points, but infinite space itself is a multi finite problem.

I am toying with the mainstream way of conventional thinking.
    Why not play with the idea of, could it be possible for something that is infinite, to have a center even though we cannot determine its end?

I understand conventional thinking would argue that it is not possible since we cannot prove it without being able to see it.

The vast empty void of never ending space is something I believe could possibly have a center point of origin even though we cannot determine its end.

This so called infinite amount of space is not getting any bigger, it can't without moving into itself therefore empty space, or if you prefer Universe is in a way static, and merely exists just like any finite object exists.

So under that way of thinking perhaps we could look at infinite space as not exactly like that of a finite problem, but a problem that shares some similarities.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Haydn_E_Sheldon

could it be possible for something that is infinite, to have a center even though we cannot determine its end?

How would you go about proving that?  If that were the case you will have just proven that the infinite is indeed finite 

• Can infinite have a center point of origin?

Yes, only when exploration into infinite takes place in multiple direction, six directions, Left, right, forward, backward, up, and down. The creation of a origin with center is not dependent on the area it is exploring it is dependent on multiple motion inside area proportionally.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87

Yes, only when exploration into infinite takes place in multiple direction, six directions, Left, right, forward, backward, up, and down. 

Nonsense , It is a consequence of proper functionalism that polyadic predicates suggest a solution vis-à- vis stage theory iterations of four-dimensionalism, which is not possible 

• Dee said:
    @John_C_87

Yes, only when exploration into infinite takes place in multiple direction, six directions, Left, right, forward, backward, up, and down. 

Nonsense , It is a consequence of proper functionalism that polyadic predicates suggest a solution vis-à- vis stage theory iterations of four-dimensionalism, which is not possible

Can infinity have a center of its origin? Does infinity have a center of its origin? Will infinity have a center of its origin?

Can infinity have a center point of origin?

Different questions different answers.

Infinity is a prediction that can only be proven with an origin as a point to test the prediction being made. Without end.

Mathematic proof. 

For all that can, there is permission as allowance to add.

Therefore;

Yes infinity can have origin Dee can not understand. 

Plaffelvohfen
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87

***bFor all that can, there is permission as allowance to add.

Therefore;

Yes infinity can have origin Dee can not understand. 

More nonsense , I cannot understand nonsense on that you’re right 

Plaffelvohfen
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @Dee

Debate Island needs a "nonsense" or "pure " tag... 
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Plaffelvohfen

Hi P , you’re right , I can never work what this guy is saying but if gibberish was a language he would be a world authority 
    Plaffelvohfen
  • @Dee ;
    So are you showing any reason that a reasonable person who can use ability can't establish the point at which something begins or rises or from which it derives "unlimited extent of time, space, or quantity." 

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/origin

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/infinity

• Well technically, the center point of an infinity is... Everywhere at once... 
    The Origin of the one measurement taken in six directions is the center of a infinity. 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  

@John_C_87

*****So are you showing any reason that a reasonable person who can use ability can't establish the point at which something begins or rises or from which it derives

I never said that , I stated clearly that an infinitely high building would still have a foundation that would be its origin do try and keep up 

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    The Origin of the one measurement taken in six directions is the center of a infinity. 

Absolute nonsense, origin means  the point or place where something begins, arises, or is derived how can it be the centre of anything let alone infinity 

@John_C_87

• Dee said:

@John_C_87

*****So are you showing any reason that a reasonable person who can use ability can't establish the point at which something begins or rises or from which it derives

I never said that , I stated clearly that an infinitely high building would still have a foundation that would be its origin do try and keep up 
    I quoted the meaning of both origin and infinity as they are part of the question. I agree your use of algebra fix equation would answer the question the way you would like the outcome result to be within logical reason.

Do you notice there is atomic presumption made on engineering that a building with infinite height could be built any other way then form the center? In the translation made between infinite universe or structural height with infinite distance, a loss of two direction held by infinite is no longer presented. It is not realistic to built a infinite building on a planet with a foundation, again basically infinite is a specification test to be part of the construction method with the work taking place on a buildings Y dimension. ? 

Correct Dee, I agree origin does mean the point something begins.... In basic the something started is a area of measurement and to meet the requirements of infinite building height Y dimension construction must take place on two sides of the structure. Thus, removing the idea of foundation or planetary structure for that matter.
    Plaffelvohfen
  • Dee said:

Absolute nonsense, origin means  the point or place where something begins, arises, or is derived how can it be the centre of anything let alone infinity 

@John_C_87

To some nonsense , it is also a way to start the test made by infinity, no end. To answer your question simply infinity exists until it is ruled out, when moving in two opposing directions is not traveling in a circle and a test of infinity begins. 

Plaffelvohfen
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87

****I quoted the meaning of both origin and infinity as they are part of the question.

The meanings are a given I think you need to read the definitions again 

****I agree your use of algebra fix equation would answer the question the way you would like the outcome result to be within logical reason.

I didn’t use any such thing I stated the obvious which seems to elude you

****Do you notice there is atomic presumption made on engineering that a building with infinite height could be built any other way then form the center?

No I didn’t actually , I’ve never heard of a building being built from the centre , you’re spouting nonsense .......again 

****In the translation made between infinite universe or structural height with infinite distance, a loss of two direction held by infinite is no longer presented. 

That makes no sense 

****It  is not realistic to built a infinite building on a planet with a foundation, again basically infinite is a specification test to be part of the construction method with the work taking place on a buildings Y dimension. ? 

What that is meant to mean is known to you alone I’d wager 

***Correct Dee, I agree origin does mean the point something begins.... In basic the something started is a area of measurement and to meet the requirements of infinite building height Y dimension construction must take place on two sides of the structure. Thus, removing the idea of foundation or planetary structure for that matter.

What a pile of gobbledygook 
    Plaffelvohfen
  • https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/origin

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/infinity

The links to the words used by two meanings that had been united in the sentence.

Yes you did use a fix equation, the need of a foundation on a building which has no beginning or end by specification of construction. If I had written atomic and not automatic I apologize. Can you continue building a building in a space that is infinite from both directions? Yes. Will that build then be infinite as construction will never stop? Yes

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited November 2019

@John_C_87

****The links to the words used by two meanings that had been united in the sentence.

What are you talking about?

***Yes you did use a fix equation, 

I didn’t 

***the need of a foundation on a building which has no beginning or end by specification of construction

What does that even mean?

**** If I had written atomic and not automatic I apologize.

Don’t , as it makes no difference to what you’re saying 

***Can you continue building a building in a space that is infinite from both directions? 

?????

****Yes. Will that build then be infinite as construction will never stop? Yes

???.?

• Dee said:

@John_C_87

****The links to the words used by two meanings that had been united in the sentence.

What are you talking about?  The links are to the definitions for origin and infinity used.

***Yes you did use a fix equation, 

I didn’t. Yes you did the introduction of a foundation is make it impossible to test for infinity.

***the need of a foundation on a building which has no beginning or end by specification of construction

What does that even mean? The building with a infinite Y scale must would need to be constructed without a foundation.

**** If I had written atomic and not automatic I apologize.

Don’t , as it makes no difference to what you’re saying It's an educate thing....you do not need to know educate.

***Can you continue building a building in a space that is infinite from both directions? Yes is the answer I gave on your behalf.

?????

as the question marks are just proving what I knew. You were not capable to build something having no completion date to create a test on infinite without supervision..

**** Will that building then be infinite as construction will never stop? Yes as Height in Y dimension by + & - numbers.

?????

You are just proving what I knew. You were not capable to built something having no completion date to create a test on infinite.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87

I haven't a clue what you're trying to say 
    Plaffelvohfen
  • Just saying the center of infinity is the point at which any measurement that test the claim of infinity starts. Not everywhere at once.

Dee
  • Yes, it may be a fallacy to you and others when not testing the claim of infinity there is no center. When choosing not testing infinity in at least apposing direction there is no center. Center is a position of scale, no scale no center it’s not interpretable, it is a higher ability of understanding a person can employ or not.