frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Can gays or bisexuals be Christians?

Debate Information

Yes, I'm a bisexual Christian.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    If RickeyD can proclaim himself a Christian, anyone can... But who would want to be associated with such a disgusting & degenerate individual except other hate-filled morons?? Phelps brainwashed disciples maybe??
    smoothieDee
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -  
    Only God can judge. Anybody can be a christian.

Ignorant followers have no authority and cannot gatekeep a faith
    Plaffelvohfen
    why so serious?
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    If you take a literal interpretation of the bible, it is very hard to be an LGBTQ member and a Christian, because these ideologies have fundamental contradictions that can not be resolved. This problem is apparent in the workings of the two major political parties.

The Christian Democrats are a group that is frequently ignored in politics. The left in general tends to value diversity more and is sometimes even hostile to Christians. There are few or no major movements or supports aimed at maintaining the Christian left active in politics, to the point that they could easily be swing voters.

On the other hand, the republican party is predominantly and openly Christian, and to some extent use it as tool to unite otherwise disparaged members of the right under a common cause, which in the past has included anti-homosexual sentiment.

Many people today are interpreting the bible in a metaphysical way than as objective truth as it was taught in the past, if not outright objecting it and going to do their own thing by focusing on spirituality, or wellness of mind and body rather than on faith. Giving up religion can be very liberating, and there are so many greater sources of personal truth that I have trouble understanding why people prefer to stay in the belief of their birth, instead of reaching out and discovering the world for what it truly is.
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    If RickeyD can proclaim himself a Christian, anyone can... But who would want to be associated with such a disgusting & degenerate individual except other hate-filled morons?? Phelps brainwashed disciples maybe??
    Agreed. I am bisexual, and Christian. 
    If you take a literal interpretation of the bible, it is very hard to be an LGBTQ member and a Christian, because these ideologies have fundamental contradictions that can not be resolved. This problem is apparent in the workings of the two major political parties.

The Christian Democrats are a group that is frequently ignored in politics. The left in general tends to value diversity more and is sometimes even hostile to Christians. There are few or no major movements or supports aimed at maintaining the Christian left active in politics, to the point that they could easily be swing voters.

On the other hand, the republican party is predominantly and openly Christian, and to some extent use it as tool to unite otherwise disparaged members of the right under a common cause, which in the past has included anti-homosexual sentiment.

Many people today are interpreting the bible in a metaphysical way than as objective truth as it was taught in the past, if not outright objecting it and going to do their own thing by focusing on spirituality, or wellness of mind and body rather than on faith. Giving up religion can be very liberating, and there are so many greater sources of personal truth that I have trouble understanding why people prefer to stay in the belief of their birth, instead of reaching out and discovering the world for what it truly is.
    False. Click the first link in my signature for proof.
    smoothie said:
    Only God can judge. Anybody can be a christian.

Ignorant followers have no authority and cannot gatekeep a faith
    APPLAUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaRedeemed ; If a member of the LGBTQ community repents (stops) of their sexual immorality, humbles them self before God and believes in their heart, confesses with their mouth, that Jesus Christ is God who died to pay their sin-debt and that Jesus was resurrected for the justification leading to eternal life with God the Father, they will be forgiven of sin, receive the indwelling Holy Spirit, enter into a personal relationship with God the Father and find life in God's Kingdom subsequent to death of the body (Romans 10:9-10).

The active, unrepentant, LGBT-participiant will NOT see life in God's Kingdom (Revelation 21:27).

Plaffelvohfensmoothie
    @YeshuaRedeemed I haven't read everything on his site, but it looks like he is mostly focusing on the book of Romans. I shouldn't have to point out any of the passages in the bible that forbid it, because @RickeyD will cover that extensively.

If you take a literal interpretation of the bible, that is to say every word means what it says in a direct way, for example the bible says god created the world in 7 days meaning the bible was created in 7 days, not "7 god days" which could be eons if interpreted in a metaphysical way.

Just adding a link to someone else's opinion makes an argument more valid, but it doesn't necessarily make it false.
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,

RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaRedeemed ; If a member of the LGBTQ community repents (stops) of their sexual immorality, humbles them self before God and believes in their heart, confesses with their mouth, that Jesus Christ is God who died to pay their sin-debt and that Jesus was resurrected for the justification leading to eternal life with God the Father, they will be forgiven of sin, receive the indwelling Holy Spirit, enter into a personal relationship with God the Father and find life in God's Kingdom subsequent to death of the body (Romans 10:9-10).

The active, unrepentant, LGBT-participiant will NOT see life in God's Kingdom (Revelation 21:27).

Judge not lest ye be judged. I did not choose to be bisexual.
    @YeshuaRedeemed I haven't read everything on his site, but it looks like he is mostly focusing on the book of Romans. I shouldn't have to point out any of the passages in the bible that forbid it, because @RickeyD will cover that extensively.

If you take a literal interpretation of the bible, that is to say every word means what it says in a direct way, for example the bible says god created the world in 7 days meaning the bible was created in 7 days, not "7 god days" which could be eons if interpreted in a metaphysical way.

Just adding a link to someone else's opinion makes an argument more valid, but it doesn't necessarily make it false.
    No you have't, and you have no proof. Also, what you said is not true. Ignored.
    @YeshuaRedeemed What part isn't true and why?

This is why I say you are a disappointing opponent, all you say is "I don't agree with you, you're wrong!"

You never seem to add anything to the debate, I like being challenged, and no offense, but you just don't challenge me as a debater so I find it hard to respect you.

@YeshuaRedeemed What part isn't true and why?

This is why I say you are a disappointing opponent, all you say is "I don't agree with you, you're wrong!"

You never seem to add anything to the debate, I like being challenged, and no offense, but you just don't challenge me as a debater so I find it hard to respect you.
    And, you're trolling again. I quoted your entire comment. It's not my fault reading comprehension is an issue for you. One more troll comment, and you are blocked.
  • Dr_MaybeDr_Maybe 138 Pts   -  

I'm an atheist and for five minutes this afternoon I became a christian, then I lost all my faith, denounced god and the bible and now I'm not so I don't see why anybody couldn't be a christian.

Happy_Killbot
  • Dr_MaybeDr_Maybe 138 Pts   -  
    RickeyD said:

Define sexual immorality.
  • Anyone has freedom to have religion so gays and bisexuals can be Christian. 
  • Anyone has freedom to have religion so gays and bisexuals can be Christian. 
    @Plaffelvohfen ; Jesus never told you to follow people like me but Jesus said "follow Me!" (Follow Him) I can pray for you, intercede on your behalf but I too am a sinful creature though saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. Carefully read through the "Gospel of John" and get to know Jesus Christ.

@smoothie ; Anyone that desires to know God and seeks Him with their whole heart can become His disciple, a Christian, but unless one sincerely seeks Jesus as Lord for the mediation of sin, they will not enter the Kingdom of God. There are many who believe they are Christians but they are not...  Jesus said...

@YeshuaRedeemed ; You cannot live in wilful sin and love the Lord Jesus Christ as His disciple. You are living a lie...there is no such entity as an active homosexual-lesbian Christian...this is NOT possible. You can certainly be a "FORMER" homosexual-lesbian that repented of their sin and trusted in Jesus as Lord and are living a new life by the power of the Holy Spirit and the old things have passed away...but you cannot live in wilful sexual immorality and be a child of the Living God. It won't happen!

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.1 Corinthians 6:9-11

For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,  Hebrews 10:26

What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it?  Romans 6:1-2

For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. Ephesians 5:5-6

For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor,  1 Thessalonians 4:3-4

@RickeyD

I let my peristalsis work its wonders on everything you hold holy...

Help yourself to a nice big glass of bleach and leave us sane people debate, go preach elsewhere
    @Plaffelvohfen ; Are you offended by the Truth?  Is this an atheistic forum or do Christian's have an opportunity to speak Biblical Truth?

Plaffelvohfensmoothie
    @RickeyD

Biblical Truth??????

MayCaesarZeusAres42

• @YeshuaRedeemed What part isn't true and why?

And, you're trolling again. I quoted your entire comment. It's not my fault reading comprehension is an issue for you. One more troll comment, and you are blocked.

You seem to be taking things way too personally. Just because someone may be expressing an opinion, or takes an alternating view does not mean they're trolling.

PlaffelvohfenHappy_Killbot

RickeyD said:
    @Plaffelvohfen ; Jesus never told you to follow people like me but Jesus said "follow Me!" (Follow Him) I can pray for you, intercede on your behalf but I too am a sinful creature though saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. Carefully read through the "Gospel of John" and get to know Jesus Christ.

I already know Jesus.
    RickeyD said:

I already know Jesus.
    @YeshuaRedeemed ; The demons know Jesus as well and they tremble and are destined to Hell forever...what's different about you living as a lesbian in rejection of God's will for your life?

smoothiePlaffelvohfenZeusAres42
    @YeshuaRedeemed The demons know Jesus as well and they tremble and are destined to Hell forever...what's different about you living as a lesbian in rejection of God's will for your life?

@YeshuaRedeemed ;Debate is for people who actively want to test ideas against others in order to find truth, not to get other people to tell you that what you believe is okay, I don't have a problem with bisexuals or Christians, in fact some of my friends are. If you are right, prove it to me, because if you don't I have to assume you are wrong.

Several other people on this platform have vouched for me by saying I'm not trolling. I don't understand why you think I am.
    Plaffelvohfen

• ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2668 Pts   -   edited November 2019
     Why don't you just have the balls to admit you're the same person as RickeyD on another account that and this is your new trolling tactic?

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    Sounds like all the fun people, as well as the beautiful succubi, are all in hell. The warm weather is also in hell. And you cannot be deported from hell if you misbehave; in fact, you are encouraged to misbehave, and you get "punished" for it by the ultimate world's beauties!

My kind of place. @RickeyD, if you thought your narrative was going to scare people into submission, then you are so, so wrong...
    Plaffelvohfen

• Doesn't it also strike you as odd that @RickeyD (with a capital D) joins the scene but at the same time @TKDB goes silent for a while? Don't you also see a similar pattern between the two posting stuff? Endless amounts of copying and pasting? and @RickeyD does use the occasional question mark?

Sorry @TKDB but no flies on me!
    PlaffelvohfenMayCaesar

@ZeusAres42 ; Are you suggesting that my account is a duplicate?
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaRedeemed ; The demons know Jesus as well and they tremble and are destined to Hell forever...what's different about you living as a lesbian in rejection of God's will for your life?

You don't have the right to compare me to demons. Judge not, lest ye be judged. I am saved by Jesus, and you have been reported for hate speech.
    @YeshuaRedeemed ; You compare yourself to demons when you say you "know Jesus" and in the same breath declare that you're a "bisexual Christian." You're wrong, you're deceived...there is no such entity as a "bisexual Christian." It can't happen!

Neopesdom
  • NeopesdomNeopesdom 157 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaRedeemed

>>You don't have the right to compare me to demons. Judge not, lest ye be judged. I am saved by Jesus, and you have been reported for hate speech.

Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment. (John 7:24)

I can assure you that @RickeyD ;is only telling you these things out of LOVE. Preach it Brother! 

Other comments just prove yet another prophesy:

You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. (Matthew 10:22)
    smoothie
      “Never argue with an id'iot They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    The question essentially breaks down into "Is there such a thing as a Christian living in sin"?  The answer is, "Of course there is".

All Christians are sinners.

The Bible does however make it clear that there are certain things that, if you live that way through your life, will guarantee you a place in Hell.  With the examples given and the rules listed we can safely conclude that Sin is not a sum system.  There are methods of sinning and circumstances that can disqualify you from eternal life and there are others that must be weighed along with what's in your heart as well as how it affected others and the overall impact it had upon the world.  

But yes, "Homosexuals shall not inherit the Kingdom of Heaven" is what you're ultimately looking for here.  Bi-sexual is included in that.
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

@Vaulk

>>But yes, "Homosexuals shall not inherit the Kingdom of Heaven" is what you're ultimately looking for here.  Bi-sexual is included in that.

I would add "practicing" in front of that sentence. If someone loves God, they will put God's glory above their own personal lusts and sinful desires. Overcoming "worldly" temptations no matter what they are should be the goal. Celibacy would be the desired behaviour, repentance put into practice.
      “Never argue with an id'iot They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    Neopesdom said:
    @Vaulk

>>But yes, "Homosexuals shall not inherit the Kingdom of Heaven" is what you're ultimately looking for here.  Bi-sexual is included in that.

I would add "practicing" in front of that sentence. If someone loves God, they will put God's glory above their own personal lusts and sinful desires. Overcoming "worldly" temptations no matter what they are should be the goal. Celibacy would be the desired behaviour, repentance put into practice.
    The original phrase is lost on me, there's too many to count but essentially, "Men who lay with Men".  I suppose technically speaking homosexuality is simply the attraction, meaning it's a desire, not an act.  It's hard to practice a desire or attraction.  And indeed you're correct, at some point strict celibacy is praised but also eludes to the improbability of it.
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    @Neopesdom

Is it common in fundamentalist Christianity to practice love via words of hatred and threats? Do the followers, instead of "I love you, honey", tell their spouses, "You will go to Hell, unless you admit that you are a worthless sinner and repent"?

The same excuse people from hardcore Islamic countries such as Saudi Arabia use: "We only have those rules imposed on women because we value them a lot!" Orthodox religions have a strange way with expressing human affection.
    smoothie
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaRedeemed ; You compare yourself to demons when you say you "know Jesus" and in the same breath declare that you're a "bisexual Christian." You're wrong, you're deceived...there is no such entity as a "bisexual Christian." It can't happen!

Hate speech! I have done nothing wrong. I am reporting you for hate speech, and muting you.
  • all4acttall4actt 305 Pts   -  
    Without reading everyoe else's opinions.  I will just add my 2 cents.

In the Chritian religion I was raised in I was taught that all people are welcome.

So yes the people of the LGBTQ community can be Christians too.
  • all4acttall4actt 305 Pts   -  
    Without reading everyoe else's opinions.  I will just add my 2 cents.

In the Chritian religion I was raised in I was taught that all people are welcome.

So yes the people of the LGBTQ community can be Christians too.
    smoothie
    @Dr_Maybe ; Sexual immorality is sexual activity outside the Covenant of Marriage as established in The Beginning and reiterated in the Gospel as one-man/one-woman becoming one-flesh in Covenant with God for life.

@all4actt ; You cannot know Jesus as Lord and have entered into a relationship with God the Father via the Holy Spirit as the Seal and Guarantor of that relationship and subsequently live in wilful sin and disobedience. LGBTQ is sin and if one can compromise with sexual sin they are NOT a child of the living God and they are NOT a Christian. 

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.  1 Corinthians 6:9-11

Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness. You know that he appeared to take away sins, and in him there is no sin. No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him. Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous. Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. ...  1 John 3:4-9

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

I am fairly sure that, according to the Bible, only the god can decide who is a sinner and who is not, and who is worthy of being called Christian and who is not. So either you claim to be the god, or your words contradict the Bible. I will let you decide which of these two possibilities is less damning in terms of the consequences in the afterlife.

The nice thing about not worshipping mythical beings is that you can say what you really think and not fear some imaginary consequences. I can say right here, for example, the following: "the god is a little sexual pervert, who watches videos on Pornhub all day and has wild group sex with a few succubi and the Satan simultaneously every night" - and not even blink.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    Why not? If "Christians "like @RickeyD can see the tremendous "benefits"of infants dying of cancer in gods name why would such a trifle matter?

Unless of course it's just a way to hate yet another group of people who in some strange way seem to bother @RickeyD to frustration , the braggart and bully boy Trump is same sex couples "best buddy " now according to himself and wasn't his second in command meant to be a bit of a lover of male on male action?
    @MayCaesar ;

>>Is it common in fundamentalist Christianity to practice love via words of hatred and threats? Do the followers, instead of "I love you, honey", tell their spouses, "You will go to Hell, unless you admit that you are a worthless sinner and repent"?

It is no different than warning someone that the path they are on is leading to the edge of a cliff. 

Would you say to the person "Your alright, I love you" and turn a blind eye to their impending injury or death? That's just a wonderful philosophy there, remind me never to go hiking with you.

If you truly cared for the person you would indeed warn them of the impending danger and urge them to change the direction they are going in. Instead of mouthing false platitudes, the real loving thing to do would be to convince them to stop no matter how little they want to hear you.

If you believe someone one is heading to the edge of a cliff, how far would you go to save them? Would you tell them the path they are on is wrong, tell them they are going the wrong way? I guess @MayCaesar would not, since he considers that would be words of hate, and warning them of danger a threat. This is what Satan does too, turning things upside down, calling good evil and evil good.

We also have secular laws based on the same Christian principles.

A duty to warn is a concept that arises in the law of torts in a number of circumstances, indicating that a party will be held liable for injuries caused to another, where the party had the opportunity to warn the other of a hazard and failed to do so. If you believe that a path is harmful to those that follow it, it is one's moral duty to warn of it's hazards for the benefit of them and others. If one believes someone is about to inadvertently walk off the edge of a cliff, one has a duty to warn of the impending danger. If an ungodly life leads to destruction, it then becomes the proverbial cliff.

A duty to rescue is a concept in tort law that arises in a number of cases, describing a circumstance in which a party can be held liable for failing to come to the rescue of another party in peril. Failure to rescue those one considers in danger would indeed violate our moral duty to those who would be the casualties of such a great fall. Sadly we can lead people to information, but we can't make them think, most will not like to be told what to do or where to go, they will say it's my path and I will go where I damn well please, leave me alone. Thou they will claim your words hateful and treatening, I yet think those with alteast half a brain know will better and can discern the real haters among us.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -   edited December 2019

If I were hiking with my girlfriend and she was unconsciously walking towards the edge of the cliff, I would say, "Hey, honey, careful there! Look where you are walking!" I would not say, "Repent, you worthless clumsy thing, before you fall down the cliff to your doom!"

Christians' version of help seems to be to rub it in those they are talking to, that they are sinners, that they are full of terrible flaws they must repent for, and that unless they do, they are going to suffer for an eternity.

I would never want someone I love to feel this way. I want them to be proud of their accomplishments, to feel good about their body and mind, to believe they are very smart and worthy. While Christian fundamentalists seem more prone to express their love in BDSM-like terms: "Ah, you are a bad boy. You need to be spanked." Which, I guess, has its role in a loving relationship, but when it is all you do, then there is something twisted about it.
    smoothie
    @MayCaesar @Dee @Neopesdom ;  It is not hate to tell the Truth. It is not Christian hate to articulate the Scripture that defines LGBTQ as sin and a violation of God's Covenant of Marriage. It is not hate to tell you the Truth that anyone who can exist in wilful sin is NOT a Christian. When one is "born again" by the Spirit of God by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, they can no longer, in their new nature, live a life contrary to God's will for their life; therefore, a Christian CANNOT be a practicing lesbian-homosexual-transsexual-queer-gay-bisexual...it won't happen. In their new life in Jesus Christ, sin is despicable and the one who loves Jesus Christ will NOT desire to live in sin any longer.

The sexually immoral will NOT inherit the Kingdom of God; unless the LGBTQ participant STOPS/Repents of the sinful behavior/lifestyle/deathstyle and believes in their heart - confesses with their mouth that Jesus Christ is God who died to pay their sin-debt and that He was resurrected for their justification leading to Eternal life...unless they believe in, sincerely, and confess Jesus as Lord, the LGBTQ-participant will NOT see life in God's Kingdom! (Romans 10:9-10)

Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness. You know that he appeared to take away sins, and in him there is no sin. No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him. Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous. Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. ...1 John 3:4-10

And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.  Galatians 5:24

Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness?  Romans 6:16

As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.” And if you call on him as Father who judges impartially according to each one's deeds, conduct yourselves with fear throughout the time of your exile, knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold, ...  1 Peter 1:14-22

But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep. For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to chains of gloomy darkness to be kept until the judgment; if he did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a herald of righteousness, with seven others, when he brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly; ... 2 Peter 2:1-22