frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is All Balanced?

Debate Information

First let me define All.
All literally includes everything there possibly is, was, and will be. It includes the past, present, and future of everything. It includes all physical and non-physical things. It includes thoughts and emotions. It includes the human perspective, any non-human perspective. It includes the universe, the multiverse if we live in such a place. It includes the infinite world, if our world is infinite. It is literally everything there was,is, and will be possibly, things known and unknown to each one of us. 
Is this All balanced?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @Dan_Pohlmann

Can you define "balanced" in your context? As stated, "All" would include every possible states, such as balanced and unbalanced at the same time, or else it is not "All" as per your definition...
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6045 Pts   -  
    Balance is a somewhat of a human construct. We find inner beauty in symmetries for some reason (I am not aware of any explanation of this phenomenon in biology), and we construct all sciences and ideologies through ideas of symmetry. The good balances the bad, the future balances the past, the joy balances the pain, the death balances the life, the left balances the right... Yet the nature itself does not know what balance is. It just exists.

In physics, there is a related concept of "equilibrium", which is a fairly broad term, but most of the time it means that the considered system is stable in some significant way. Well, we know fairly well that the Universe as a whole is not in the state of equilibrium: it continuously expands, its entropy grows, and these processes, as far as we know, are irreversible.

However, on a local scale physical processes appear fairly balanced. Not completely, as, for example, the energy always escapes the system through radiation and likely gravitational waves - but on a reasonable timescale, relevant to us humans, everything, indeed, seems pretty stable and balanced. But take a larger timescale encompassing billions years, and there is little balance to be found then: explosions everywhere, galactic merges and splits, and rapid disintegration of all major bodies except for black holes.

I believe that the concepts of symmetry and balance are essential, and, arguably, all of our sciences and ideologies are based on them - however, we must understand their limitations.
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited December 2019

The Atheist, having been deceived during their formative educational years by Darwin's idiocy of evolutionary naturalism, erroneously believes that "All" things in our reality is "All" there actually is in that reality. The Naturalist believes that nothing exists beyond what we can decipher and understand and sense with our sensory receptors, but the Creator of the Universe Who is Spirit (John 4:24) entered the Realm of Time some 2019-years ago and clearly articulated that He was from a Realm that is NOT of this World. Jesus told us that His Kingdom was not of this World and that He had servants in a World beyond our reality that possessed the ability to war and to serve and function apart from and beyond the "created" Realm of Time.

Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm."  John 18:36 (NASB)

Jesus then said that His Father has a home in a Realm that is beyond or outside of the Realm of Time...

“Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. And you know the way where I am going.” Thomas *said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?” Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.  John 14:1-6 (NASB)

In another place in the Scriptures, the Apostle Paul tells us by inspiration of the Holy Spirit that the Gospel of Jesus Christ announcing Jesus' sacrifice for our sin, manifesting in approximately 33-35AD, was decided upon and implemented "before the beginning of Time."  I ask you, who was the Council and the Counsel present that made this decision and where is this "place" that existed "before the beginning of Time"?

Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God, who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began, but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel, 2 Timothy 1:8-10 (NKJV)

We are also told that the faithful in Jesus Christ will inherit a World that is beyond human comprehension...where is that World?

but just as it is written, "THINGS WHICH EYE HAS NOT SEEN AND EAR HAS NOT HEARD, AND which HAVE NOT ENTERED THE HEART OF MAN, ALL THAT GOD HAS PREPARED FOR THOSE WHO LOVE HIM."  1 Corinthians 2:9 (NASB)

And again, Jesus implores His Father to allow Him to share in the glory that He, Jesus, had with His Father "before the World was."  How can this be?

"Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was."  John 17:5 (NASB)

These are but a sampling of Scripture that tells us that everything we see and sense with our sensory perception is NOT "All" there is and the Scriptures lead us to believe that there exists a Realm called the Spiritual World that is infinitely more complex, interactive, detailed, beautiful, lovely, peaceful, glorious, enchanted, garnering complete contentment and joy and happiness...a World from which our inner-man, our spirit, finds its origin (Ecclesiastes 12:7). A World from which our Creator took elements that are unseen to our senses constrained by Time and formed them into matter that is interactive in the Realm of Time and this matter forms the building blocks for all that is visible and invisible within the Realm of Time.

"By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things which are visible."  Hebrews 11:3 (NASB)

We are then told that Jesus Christ is our Creator who created all things visible and invisible and all things exist in and hold together by Him on earth and in heaven...

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything. For it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven.  Colossians 1:15-20 (NASB)

Then we are told that this present World is not our home...how can this be?

"For this world is not our permanent home; we are looking forward to a home yet to come."  Hebrews 13:14 (NLT)

For the faithful in Jesus Christ, we are told that at the moment of death of this body in Time we will appear in the presence of our Lord...where is that?

Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord— for we walk by faith, not by sight— we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord. Therefore we also have as our ambition, whether at home or absent, to be pleasing to Him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.  2 Corinthians 5:6-10 (NASB)

Conclusion of the matter?

For the one who loves Jesus Christ and believes what the Holy Spirit has articulated in the inspired Scriptures, the answer to your question is our Universe and all we see and interact with in Time...is that "All"???...My answer is NO...this life constrained by Time nothing more than preparation for Eternity and all that we see will be consumed by fire and purified and restructured for God's perfect Kingdom in a New World and a New Heaven and then that place, in the presence of our God forever, will be "All" we need and "All" we could ever desire for Eternity.

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.”  Revelation 21:1-4 (NASB)

Happy_Killbotsmoothie
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    The Universe is actually out of balance and nobody knows why