frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Should Christians accept legal gay marriages?

Debate Information

smoothie

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaRedeemed ; There is no entity as "Legal Gay Marriages." Homosexuals cannot be "married"  and Lesbians cannot be "married." Only God has established the Covenant of Marriage in The Beginning and this Covenant is ONLY relevant to one-man/one-woman becoming one-flesh in Marriage for LIFE. You, as a lesbian, cannot marry another woman...this is not marriage, it's a "civil union" of sexual perversion. Man cannot undo what God has established, man can only pervert it via moral relativism and you have fallen for the lie. Jesus reaffirmed...

PlaffelvohfensmoothieZombieguy1987Blastcat
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaRedeemed ; There is no entity as "Legal Gay Marriages." Homosexuals cannot be "married"  and Lesbians cannot be "married." Only God has established the Covenant of Marriage in The Beginning and this Covenant is ONLY relevant to one-man/one-woman becoming one-flesh in Marriage for LIFE. You, as a lesbian, cannot marry another woman...this is not marriage, it's a "civil union" of sexual perversion. Man cannot undo what God has established, man can only pervert it via moral relativism and you have fallen for the lie. Jesus reaffirmed...

Are you going to read the article, or troll some more?
  • xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 1712 Pts   -  
    Yes, I believe that Christians should accept legal gay marriages. It is not right to discriminate against people for their sexual orientation. I do not believe that an exception should be made for those of a certain religion. I respect the Christian religion, but I do not respect those who discriminate against others. 
    smoothie
  • RS_masterRS_master 400 Pts   -  
    I agree with @xlJ_dolphin_473 that christian gay marriages. I do not believe that a belief or religion can control your rights and stop you from doing what you want to do.
    smoothiexlJ_dolphin_473
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  
    Marriage is legally acknowledged only by the government. Whether Christians accept gay marriages or not has absolutely no bearing on anything. Just like whether Christians accept traffic tickets or not, they still have to pay them.

I think the institute of marriage should be disbanded and replaced by the institute of private union.
    smoothieBlastcat
  • As a Christian I find no problem with gay marriages. That doesn’t go for all of us but that is not exclusive to the Christian religion. You cannot make people accept what other people think but you can choose to ignore them.
    smoothie
  • While every fiber in my body says yes, I have to say no. We cannot change their minds. But although it is not allowed in their religion, that doesnt mean they have to be homophobic. Just because it is not allowed in their live doesnt mean that they should treat them differently. We are all humans after all.
  • Most of this day and age do accept this. You do however have some rare sects and retards like @RickeyD ; that don't though. But don't let these plebs affect you.

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

I do not think this is an accurate assessment. We should not think in the West-centric terms; the vast majority of the global population does not seem to accept gay marriages, or, at least, have a clear stance on it. Even such overall modern countries as Japan have fairly traditional stances on this.

Living on the West, it is easy to assume that the entire world looks the same as your everyday environment. Yet we are actually a fairly small minority of the global population, and most people live in far less developed places, economically and culturally alike.
    ZeusAres42smoothieBlastcat
    @YeshuaRedeemed ; There is no such entity as a "legal gay marriage." They don't exist. The ONLY Marriage Covenant is the one established by our Creator in the Genesis and reiterated in the Gospels. It is not possible for two-men or two-women to enter into a Marriage Covenant...their behavior is sinful - an abomination to our Creator and is therefore NOT recognized as "marriage" but as immorality against God's Covenant between one-man and one-woman becoming one-flesh for life, the ONLY sustainable Covenant relationship between mankind under girding the family unit.

smoothieZeusAres42Blastcat
  • smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    @RickeyD Legality has nothing to do with your religion. Welcome reality with embracing arms, where authoritarian hatemongering is not the law in the states.

I don't think you enjoy a free country when you actively try to fight laws granting freedom.

Legal gay marriages exist, by the law of government, AKA the only law that matters to 100% of the population and not 50-60% of it.
    why so serious?
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    If they are United States citizens, yes. No one, even Christians, are above the law! :smirk:
    smoothie
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2667 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    MayCaesar said:
    @ZeusAres42

I do not think this is an accurate assessment. We should not think in the West-centric terms; the vast majority of the global population does not seem to accept gay marriages, or, at least, have a clear stance on it. Even such overall modern countries as Japan have fairly traditional stances on this.

Living on the West, it is easy to assume that the entire world looks the same as your everyday environment. Yet we are actually a fairly small minority of the global population, and most people live in far less developed places, economically and culturally alike.
    That is a good point. You're right. I failed to take into account other countries around the world. @MayCaesar
    MayCaesar

• RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaRedeemed ; There is no such entity as a "legal gay marriage." They don't exist. The ONLY Marriage Covenant is the one established by our Creator in the Genesis and reiterated in the Gospels. It is not possible for two-men or two-women to enter into a Marriage Covenant...their behavior is sinful - an abomination to our Creator and is therefore NOT recognized as "marriage" but as immorality against God's Covenant between one-man and one-woman becoming one-flesh for life, the ONLY sustainable Covenant relationship between mankind under girding the family unit.

The Bible is written as a narrative and is open to subjective interpretation. @RickeyD has taken everything in the Bible to be a revolt against Atheism, People that aren't heterosexuals, liberals, Jews, Islam, all other religions, all religious sects, and so on.
    smoothie

@ZeusAres42 ; The Bible is not subjective and God is not a God of confusion (1 Corinthians 14:33).  Homosexuality-Lesbianism are sin and their union in the flesh is an abomination to my Lord and a most egregious violation of the moral law as the homosexual, lesbian, adulterer, fornicator, sin against their own body as well as against God's Covenant of Marriage (1 Corinthians 6:18). Do not deceive yourself, God is not mocked...if you sow to your flesh you will die in sin and Hell (Galatians 6:7-8)...homosexuality is an abomination to our Creator and unless you repent of your sin and trust ONLY in Jesus Christ as Lord for the forgiveness of that sin, you have NO HOPE!

smoothieBlastcat
  • @RickeyD, I am a christian as well. I respect your opinion and I appreciate your knowledge of the bible. I think that everyone should read it at least once in their life, religious or not. I do not appreciate you cherry picking the bible and not understanding God's word. God gave hundreds of laws an rules for the jewish people to follow, they are written out in the book of Leviticus. Later in the book of numbers God realizes that his laws are difficult to follow and they needed to be simplified so in Deuteronomy god gives Moses 2 giant stones. You may know these stones as the 10 commandments. None of the 10 commandments even mentions sexual orientation. God then said that breaking a commandment was sin. Even if the rules of the book of Leviticus were considered sin then, the death of Jesus saved people who are homosexual from dying in hell. Now even if a person who identifies as a homosexual was not a christian, and lived their life without hearing Gods name then, who are you or any of us to judge? God says to love your neighbor as you love yourself. Not everyone is perfect, including you and me and God should be the judge of what is right or wrong. Also saying that gay marriage is non existent makes little to no sense. Marriage may be defined in many ways, the bible lays out the most traditional definition however, lots of words have multiple definitions. Slow for example, is probably mentioned in the bible with the context of not moving quickly however, slow can also mean dumb or less developed in todays world. I'd like to finish by asking you if the tables were turned, and you were in that persons shoes how would you like to be treated? Would you like to be shamed and banished for being honest about who you are and your personal feeling or would you rather break a commandment and lie to others to fit in with society. because after it's all over, God will know the truth.
    smoothie
  • In saying legal you are explaining the homosexual man has been married to a woman as a witness to the process, constitutionally. Is that true? If it is true, then the woman can have the marriage annulled if she is unaware or did not consent knowingly, the answer is not a fixed yes or no.

On the other side any person does have a legal right to declare a scientist or lab technician overseeing a machine and/or person to fertilized eggs as Binvir or UnosMulier and by law even married but the consummation of that marriage is not enforceable by law common law.

Constitutional a person is also allowed to witness a couple who lived with a person of same gender, together for a period of two years Binivir or UnosMulier by common law. As it describes all properties as common between the two people at that time period. Gay as homosexual marriage is not legal as it describes an action that does not need a witness to likelihood relating to a new person being born between that couple.

The legal recognition of discrimination is not an immunity to legal consequence. A witness a that is constitutional is Binvir or Unosmulier does a Christian have some legal limitation as to why they can not see this as complete truth they should speak now or forever hold their peace,

PlaffelvohfensmoothieBlastcat
    @YeshuaBought ; There is no such entity as "gay marriage." Queers-Gay-Homosexuals-Lesbians cannot be married...they can be joined in a civil union in accordance with man's law but that union of sexual perversion is not nor will it ever be a "marriage covenant."  God has ordained and established the Marriage Covenant in The Beginning between one-man and one-woman becoming one-flesh in the Covenant of Marriage for life. This is the only "marriage union" that our Creator acknowledges as authentic and as Truth...all else is a perversion of God's Covenant, Nature, morality.

PlaffelvohfensmoothieBlastcat
    @leviticusPayne ; Homosexuality-lesbianism are sin against our Creator's Covenant of Marriage. This truism is a reality in the Covenant of Law and in the Covenant of Grace. I am not "cherry picking" Scripture but warning the homosexual-lesbian that if they do not repent of their immorality and sincerely, desperately, believe-trust in Jesus Christ as Lord for the forgiveness of sin and redemption by the blood of Messiah who freely gives of the Spirit to those who believe in earnest...if the homosexual-lesbian does not repent of their immorality and trust in Jesus as Lord they will surely die in sin and die in Hell without hope. Your unrepentant/unforgiven sin will NOT be permitted to enter the Kingdom of God subsequent to the death of your body in Time.

smoothieBlastcat
  • @RickeyD
    "There is no entity as "Legal Gay Marriages.""

Sure there is - Christianity doesn't decide what's legal in this country. 
    Plaffelvohfensmoothie
    A supreme being is just like a normal being...but with sour cream and black olives.
  • smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

Secularism for the win. Praise reality and the real world
    PlaffelvohfenSkepticalOne
    why so serious?
    @RickeyD

Fair enough, I can agree to that! :)
    SkepticalOne
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    @YeshuaBought ; You will not be judged by man but by God. There is no such entity as "gay marriage." At best, it's a union of perversion in sin/sexual immorality and will be judged by God prior to adjudication leading to the second death in Hell for having rejected Jesus Christ as Lord and your refusal to live your life in obedience to the Holy Spirit.  You are not "bought" by Yeshua when you live a life contrary to His will.

smoothieBlastcat
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD I think you need to accept legal gay marriage.

We are not asking you to agree or support it, but we are asking that you recognize the reality that gay marriage exists.

You can not separate the words of Yeshua from the words of man, it is an a travesty to believe that your values are the values of the deity you believe in.
    smoothie
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
    @Happy_Killbot My values emanate from the Holy Spirit of Truth Who lives within me and God the Holy Spirit and Yeshua are one-God; therefore, my values ARE the values of God who will judge you in Eternity. Without Jesus Christ as Lord you have no hope and if you are deceived by homosexuality and compromising your body and soul with immorality, you are serving Satan and you are spiritually and mentally ill and will die in your sin lest you repent.

smoothieHappy_KillbotBlastcat
  • smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    RickeyD said:
    @Happy_Killbot My values emanate from the Holy Spirit of Truth Who lives within me and God the Holy Spirit and Yeshua are one-God; therefore, my values ARE the values of God who will judge you in Eternity. Without Jesus Christ as Lord you have no hope and if you are deceived by homosexuality and compromising your body and soul with immorality, you are serving Satan and you are spiritually and mentally ill and will die in your sin lest you repent.
    @RickeyD So you think this way because of a third-party entity created by other people? You admit you have none of your own individual thoughts on any of these opinions? Explains why you are terrible at any debate and do not utilize reason and free-will given to you from your own birth.

You must accept the law of the country you reside in. You may protest and elect politicians who agree with you, but you must accept the law created by the collective of America. I cannot murder somebody legally because I don't agree with the law. Gay marriage is legal in America currently, and you need to accept that to remain factually sound.

You continue to spread half-baked propaganda as all of your opponents as "spiritually and mentally ill" (which is obviously factually incorrect and you know it), yet you are the one using the "holy spirit" entity in your brain as an excuse to spread hate and ignorance. Your demonizing of all opinions not held by you is common in authoritarian misfits, I almost feel bad for you.

You must feel sad, that nobody here will follow your propaganda and hate. I can tell you one thing, you will die in despair and self-pity gained from your attempts to justify your hatred. This hatred is yours alone that you chose to subscribe to, which is the saddest part. The loving message of the bible and Christianity has been lost, due to people like you filled with hatred, killing the following of religion and empowering the new wave of atheism. This is what you have in common with your enemy. Is this what you want? Gay marriage is legal and will likely remain legal for a very long time as science progresses and religion dies in darkness thanks to people just like you. Isn't that ironic?

You need to learn to accept differences in other people, who have their own minds as do you. The world does not revolve around your own beliefs. This is what a free country is.

Own up to your own personal values and mistakes and maybe you can start to develop as a human, although it may be too late.
    why so serious?
    @smoothie ; You are a created entity and you are under the authority of our Creator, Jesus Christ-Yeshua. You are allowing your penis and Satan to destroy your soul in homosexuality. You're a spiritually dead, spiritually ill, individual and unless you repent of your sins and fully trust in Jesus as Lord and acknowledge Him as the God who died to pay your sin debt, you will live and die in futility (John 8:24; John 14:6; John 3:16).

smoothieBlastcat
    @RickeyD No they aren't. Jesus was all about loving people and treating others with fairness and dignity.

You just want to hate everyone that you don't agree with.

People like you are the #1 reason people don't take Christians seriously anymore.

You are so un-Christ and have no idea about it, that if heaven is real I wouldn't be surprised if you were bared from entering, just for being such a pitiful example of a human being.
    smoothieYeshuaBought
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,

RickeyD said:
    @smoothie ; You are a created entity and you are under the authority of our Creator, Jesus Christ-Yeshua. You are allowing your penis and Satan to destroy your soul in homosexuality. You're a spiritually dead, spiritually ill, individual and unless you repent of your sins and fully trust in Jesus as Lord and acknowledge Him as the God who died to pay your sin debt, you will live and die in futility (John 8:24; John 14:6; John 3:16).

Excuse me? How DARE you speak to him or her like that in the Name of Jesus Christ! Jesus is not an abusive god at all, but you are being very abusive.
    @RickeyD No they aren't. Jesus was all about loving people and treating others with fairness and dignity.

You just want to hate everyone that you don't agree with.

People like you are the #1 reason people don't take Christians seriously anymore.

You are so un-Christ and have no idea about it, that if heaven is real I wouldn't be surprised if you were bared from entering, just for being such a pitiful example of a human being.
    You alright, sweetheart? I agree. It makes me angry too. That is not what Jesus was and is about.
    @YeshuaBought First off, I wouldn't say I was angry when I wrote that.

Second, you should know by now that I am deeply atheist and for that matter I'm not convinced that Jesus even existed, and many historians don't think so either.

When people like Rickey go around parading their faith like a virtue and declaring that only they are in the right I find that to be condescending and bigoted.

On one hand, people like Rickey are good for getting people out of the deception of Christianity and into the light of objective truth and reason, by being the type no one in their right mind would want to associate with.

On the other hand, people like him vote so they are a threat to liberalism and freedom in general.

@YeshuaBought First off, I wouldn't say I was angry when I wrote that.

Second, you should know by now that I am deeply atheist and for that matter I'm not convinced that Jesus even existed, and many historians don't think so either.

When people like Rickey go around parading their faith like a virtue and declaring that only they are in the right I find that to be condescending and bigoted.

On one hand, people like Rickey are good for getting people out of the deception of Christianity and into the light of objective truth and reason, by being the type no one in their right mind would want to associate with.

On the other hand, people like him vote so they are a threat to liberalism and freedom in general.
    While I do believe that Jesus is the Way to Heaven, I don't go around bullying people about it. I am not going through a very good time right now anyway, so I don't feel qualified.
    @Happy_Killbot ; Jesus is Creator who established the Marriage Covenant between one-man and one-woman becoming one-flesh for life in The Genesis/The Beginning (Genesis 2:18-25). Jesus is Elohim in Genesis 1 and Jesus is the Living Word in John 1 identified as Creator and Covenant maker with mankind and Jesus reiterated the Marriage Covenant anew in the Covenant of Grace (Mark 10:6-9). Jesus gave the Levitical Law through Moses concerning the sin of homosexuality (Leviticus 18:22; Leviticus 20:13) and Jesus, through His Spirit, reiterated the edicts forbidding homosexuality-lesbianism in the Covenant of Grace (Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; 1 Timothy 1:8-10).

Jesus does NOT approve of your homosexual sin and unless you repent of all sin and sincerely trust in Jesus as Lord for the mediation of your sin, you will die in this life in sin (John 8:24) and die a second death in Hell as a result of your unrepentant sin (Revelation 20:11-15). Unrepentant sin will NOT be permitted to enter the Kingdom of God subsequent to the death of you body in Time (Revelation 21:27). Please do not allow your immoral conduct to result in your death in Hell. Jesus is your only hope (John 14:6)! God will not be mocked!

smoothieBlastcat
    @RickeyD Funny you should mention Leviticus, in case I am mistaken you also said that Jesus overturned those laws when you were prompted with your failure to follow those other laws, most of which are in Leviticus?

Do you contradict yourself, or are you lying about being a good Christian?

Which is it? Either way you are full of it.

@Happy_Killbot ; Jesus fulfilled The Law, He did not abolish the moral law but fulfilled the ceremonial and dietary laws as they pertained to righteousness (Romans 10:4). The moral law has been in effect since The Genesis of Adam and it is this law, written upon your heart at conception (Romans 2:15), that will be used to judge you in Eternity, you are therefore "without excuse." Unless you stop living in immorality and sincerely, faithfully, earnestly, turn to Jesus as Lord, you will live and die in futility (Matthew 16:26).

Moral Law – Conscience – Remorse & the Atheist: https://rickeyholtsclaw.com/2019/09/09/moral-law-conscience-remorse-the-atheist/

Blastcat
    @RickeyD Here it is! Proof you are a  who uses the bible to justify hate!

Either way, you contradict yourself.

You don't live by the "grace of the lord" You live by delusion and self-righteousness. You are a false follower of Jesus, nothing more than a nasty little snowflake.

You know even less about morality that about science, and you think the earth is 6,000 years old!

Not only should you accept gay marriage, but you should actually listen to what your religion is saying because right now, you have no idea.
    smoothie

@Happy_Killbot ; I have, in no way, articulated any contradiction...I have told you Truth and I warn you that you're currently headed to death in sin and Hell lest you repent. Without Jesus Christ as Lord, you will live and die in meaninglessness.

smoothieHappy_KillbotBlastcat
  • smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD The only "truth" is that you are using religion as a crutch to spread hatred.

why so serious?
    @smoothie ; Telling you the Truth that you are living contrary to God's will for your life and telling you that Jesus loves you sufficiently to have suffered and died to provide you a pardon from death in Hell is NOT "hate" or "bigotry."  I am here out of obedience to my Lord who desires that you come to a knowledge of the Truth and be saved by grace through faith in Jesus as Lord (1 Timothy 2:4). I love my Lord and He loves you...I am here simply to offer you a path to life which only a "few" will find...it is my Lord's desire that you not die with the "many."

Blastcat
    @RickeyD Here is your contradiction, since you are too PRIDEFUL to notice it:

In the image from one of your previous posts:

"Every other scripture pertains SOELY to the children of Israel...our creator set apart the Hebrew people and why they receives the 613-Leviticus Laws and the 10 commandments."

Then here you contradict yourself! You are a !

RickeyD said:
    @Happy_Killbot ; Jesus is Creator who established the Marriage Covenant between one-man and one-woman becoming one-flesh for life in The Genesis/The Beginning (Genesis 2:18-25). Jesus is Elohim in Genesis 1 and Jesus is the Living Word in John 1 identified as Creator and Covenant maker with mankind and Jesus reiterated the Marriage Covenant anew in the Covenant of Grace (Mark 10:6-9). Jesus gave the Levitical Law through Moses concerning the sin of homosexuality (Leviticus 18:22; Leviticus 20:13) and Jesus, through His Spirit, reiterated the edicts forbidding homosexuality-lesbianism in the Covenant of Grace (Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; 1 Timothy 1:8-10).

Jesus does NOT approve of your homosexual sin and unless you repent of all sin and sincerely trust in Jesus as Lord for the mediation of your sin, you will die in this life in sin (John 8:24) and die a second death in Hell as a result of your unrepentant sin (Revelation 20:11-15). Unrepentant sin will NOT be permitted to enter the Kingdom of God subsequent to the death of you body in Time (Revelation 21:27). Please do not allow your immoral conduct to result in your death in Hell. Jesus is your only hope (John 14:6)! God will not be mocked!

smoothie

@Happy_Killbot ; The Levitical Law WAS given to the children of Israel specifically as they were to be holy unto the Lord as His representatives in Time to the World (1 Peter 1:15-17; Leviticus 20:26; Deuteronomy 14:2). The only other people who were subject to the Levitical Law were those who sojourned with the Israelite's and desired to enter into covenant with them and their God as per the "Covenant of Law."

The Gentiles were NOT subject to the Law of Moses/the Levitical Law...these laws were not given to them as the Gentiles, from the beginning, have been under a Covenant of Grace through faith with God. Abraham, as an example, was saved - found righteousness (a right standing) with God as a Gentile "before" the Covenant of Circumcision (Romans 4:11). Enoch, long before the advent of the patriarchy of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (Israel) found righteousness/salvation with God by faith (Genesis 5:24).  Salvation does not come through The Law but by grace through faith in Jesus-Yeshua (God) as Lord and Savior for the mediation of sin (John 3:16; John 14:6).

As a Christian, I am NOT under The Law but under Grace in the Covenant of Grace. There is no contradiction.

Happy_KillbotsmoothieBlastcat
    @RickeyD If it only applies to children of Israel, then it does not apply to everyone because not everyone is a Hebrew. Therefore Leviticus law that condemns gay marriage is null and void for everyone else, thus it should be legal, and you must accept gay marriage, or else stop shaving and eating pork.

@Happy_Killbot ; The Moral Law, as also articulated in the Commandments from Mt. Sinai and the 613 Levitical Laws that followed, remains applicable to both the Israelite and the Gentile...the Moral Law was simply codified by God through Moses to reiterate God's demands upon the Children of Israel as they were to be holy unto the Lord.... Leviticus 19:2; Leviticus 20:7; Leviticus 20:26; Leviticus 21:8
    The moral law is written upon your heart at conception (Romans 2:15) and you intuitively know that your immorality is sin against God, against Nature (Romans 1:18-32), against commonsense and human physiology and you are "without excuse." The sin of homosexuality was reiterated in the New Covenant of Grace as well. Do not attempt to justify your sin before God...God knows your heart. 

Happy_KillbotsmoothieBlastcat
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    @RickeyD Did you shave when you were in the military?
    Do you eat pork?
    What about fat?

Either way you lose.

Either way you are a .

The 10 commandments don't say homosexuals can not marry.

No matter what, you can not have your cake and eat it too.

You do not know what is and is not "holy", because there is no such thing. You are spiritually and mentally ill.

smoothie

@Happy_Killbot ; Again, I am not under The Law and the dietary restrictions of same and hygienic mandates do NOT apply to the Christian who is under Grace.

Blastcat
    @RickeyD If you are not under that law, then homosexual marriage is acceptable.

Pick one, you lose. Pick the other, you still lose.

There really isn't any such thing as "right" when you get all your guidance from a book full of rape, murder, and immorality masquerading as "truth"

@Happy_Killbot ; 1) I am NOT under the Levitical Law concerning righteousness...the moral law, as established before the Genesis of Time (2 Timothy 1:10; Romans 2:15), remains in effect and every man and woman having attained an age of reason is subject to the moral law. Homosexuality has been sin from The Beginning and remains a sin in the Covenant of Grace as it defiles God's Covenant of Marriage and His Plan for mankind.

2) The Bible does not endorse sin but simply displays the depravity of mankind and articulates what God the Father has done to redeem mankind back to Himself through selfless love (John 3:16).

You cannot rationalize away your sin and again, God will not be mocked (Romans 3:23). You are a sinner in need of forgiveness and redemption that is only available by grace (unmerited favor) through faith (believing-trusting) in Jesus Christ as Lord for the mediation of your sin (John 14:6). Jesus is the ONLY Way to find forgiveness of sin and life in Eternity.

smoothieBlastcat
    @RickeyD If you are not under levitical law, then neither are homosexuals.

You have to accept legal gay marriage, even if you think it's a sin, because it isn't your choice.

You don't get to choose what I, or anyone else gets to do.

If it is acceptable for you to say that two people who love each other can not marry based on some immoral book, then it is acceptable for me to declare that you should not be allowed to vote based on the fact that you are clearly delusional.

See how that works? You get to make a restriction, I get to make a restriction. I know how you Christians like to go on about how you are "So persecuted" and "our traditional values are under attack" maybe you should count your blessings, because based on how I consistently destroy you in debate I would predict that my views would take more ground.

You are a disappointing debater.

@Happy_Killbot ; 1) Unless you're a practicing "Jew" or seek righteousness via The Law, you are a gentile and you're subject to the law of conscience as written upon your heart by our Creator at conception (Romans 2:15). You are subject to that moral law and will be judged by same and you intuitively know that taking another man's penis into your mouth or rectum or inserting your own into another man is unnatural and it's sin...you will be without excuse when you stand in the Judgment in Eternity before Jesus Christ lest you repent now and take advantage of the Age of Grace that expires with the death of your body in Time.

2) I do not accept "gay marriage" because it is a lie, a ruse of men without substance, truth or foundation. People of the same-sex cannot enter into a Covenant of Marriage which is reserved ONLY for one-male and one-female as established by our Creator in The Genesis and reiterated in the Gospels. Same-sex unions are a civil-contract only...not a "marriage."

3) It is none of my concern what you do with your penis or your mouth but I am here by the power of the Holy Spirit and in accordance with His will to warn you that unless you repent of your homosexuality/sin and trust fully in Jesus Christ as God who died pay your sin-debt, you will NOT see life in God's Kingdom subsequent to the death of your body in Time.

4) Homosexuality - Lesbianism is not "love" but "aberrant lust." It is defilement of the moral law and it defiles the body, mind, soul, of the participants as well.

5) You can make any restrictions or pursue any behavior you desire as per the "free will" granted you by our Creator...but you will be judged for those decisions.

6) I'm not debating...there is nothing to debate. You will either believe in Jesus and live or you'll continue to reject Him and die in your sin (John 8:24). The decision to live or die in Eternity is yours.

smoothiePlaffelvohfenBlastcat
    @RickeyD "I do not accept "gay marriage" because it is a lie, a ruse of men without substance, truth or foundation. People of the same-sex cannot enter into a Covenant of Marriage which is reserved ONLY for one-male and one-female as established by our Creator in The Genesis and reiterated in the Gospels. Same-sex unions are a civil-contract only...not a "marriage."

Then why do you accept the book of Mormon as truth?

" It is none of my concern what you do with your penis or your mouth but I am here by the power of the Holy Spirit and in accordance with His will to warn you that unless you repent of your homosexuality/sin and trust fully in Jesus Christ as God who died pay your sin-debt, you will NOT see life in God's Kingdom subsequent to the death of your body in Time."

Jesus never said anything about homosexuals. That isn't the word of Jesus, it is the word of man. Jesus would have accepted homosexuals for who they are instead of treating them like there is something fundamentally wrong with them.

"I'm not debating...there is nothing to debate. You will either believe in Jesus and live or you'll continue to reject Him and die in your sin (John 8:24). The decision to live or die in Eternity is yours."

Then get out. In case you didn't notice, this site is called "Debate Island"
    Plaffelvohfensmoothie