frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Public record of Jesus Christ ( God's) miracles/divine authority over human life as creator of man

Debate Information

Position: For

The documents in this post are public record

Therefore,

The documents are (1) a record required by law to be made and kept and (2) Historical fact.

Public record of Jesus Christs ( God's )miracles/divine authority over human life as creator of man

Historical data for Jesus Christs miracles:

Since these documents are public record

(1) they are literary historical record/facts regarding Jesus Christ

(2) as historical documents written by historians, the document serve as "real", authentic history of Jesus Christ and his ability to perform miracles.

The events of Jesus Christs ability and ability to effect human life is documented in historical record

Public record of Jesus Christs miracles documented by Jewish Historian josephus

Excerpt from Jewish Historian Josephus :

"At this time, there appeared Jesus, a wise man. He was a doer of startling deeds, a teacher of people who receive the truth with pleasure."

Josephus' makes two statements about Jesus.

Josephus' reporting of these details is significant because

(1) His accounts of the Jewish War have proved very accurate;

As a result the accuracy of his detail determine what Josephus documented was accurate

(2) therefore his statements about Jesus performing miracles are accurate and are details accounted for by a historian

(3) they have been corroborated and therefore corroborate and confirm that Jesus performed miracles as a historical fact

(4)josephus' historical record provides a very early, educated, and  ouas historical outsiderw

accepted/substantiated Jesus miracles as historical fact and additionally the the testimony of those who claimed Jesus had performed public miracles We're accurate.

The talmud as public record

The talmud (literary historical)

The Jewish traditional literature, (literary evidence of Jesus Christs miracles) although it mentions Jesus quite sparingly

(1.) supports the gospel claim as an independent source of Roman literature or historical/public record that Jesus Christ was a healer and miracle worker

It should also be noted that Jewish leaders were perfectly willing to simply deny stories from the gospels altogether the indication Jesus performed acts defined as miracles is a historically documented fact.

an asshole name celsus

Celsus:

opponent of Christianity named Celsus also conceded that Jesus worked miracles

Justin martyr mentions the Seneatorial docket and corroborates Jesus Miracles

Justin Martyr

"And that it was predicted that our Christ should heal all diseases and raise the dead, hear what was said. There are these words: ‘At His coming the lame shall leap like a deer, and the tongue of the stammerer shall be clear speaking: the blind shall see, and the lepers shall be cleansed; and the dead shall rise, and walk about.’ And that He did those things, you can learn from the Acts of Pontius Pilate.” (Justin Martyr, First Apology, Chapter 48).

Undisputable public record and Historial Documentation of Jesus Christs miracles and Jesus is God

Acts of pilate : archo volume

Records of the Senatorial Docket, taken from the Library at Rome, Translated by Drs. McIntosh and Twyman of the Antiquarian Lodge, Genoa, Italy.

Authenticity of the seneatorial docket

Authenticity of the docket has been verified and is in accord with the copy of the original lodged in the British Museum, which has verified the accuracy of the transcription.

seneatorial document Verified in November, 1935 Great Russell St, Bloomsbury, London WC1B 3DG, United Kingdom

Pilate to Tiberius:

UPON Jesus Christ, whom I fully made known to thee in my last, a bitter punishment hath at length been inflicted by the will of the people, although I was unwilling and apprehensive. In good truth, no age ever had or will have a man so good and strict. But the people made a wonderful

-seneatorial docket p. 273

effort, and all their scribes, chiefs and elders agreed to crucify this ambassador of truth, their own prophets, like the Sibyls with us, advising the contrary; and when he was hanged supernatural signs appeared, and in the judgment of philosophers menaced the whole world with ruin. His disciples flourish, not belying their master by their behavior and continence of life; nay, in his name they are most beneficent. (1)Had I not feared a sedition might arise among the people, who were almost furious, perhaps this man would have yet been living with us. Although, being rather compelled by fidelity to thy dignity, than led by my own inclination, I did not strive with all my might to prevent the sale and suffering of righteous blood, guiltless of every accusation, unjustly, indeed, through the maliciousness of men, and yet, as the Scriptures interpret, to their own destruction.

Farewell. The 5th of the Calends of April

Because he wrought signs I did not wish to crucify him: and since his accusers said, He called himself a king, I crucified him.

Pilate to tiberius:

To the most potent, august, divine and awful Augustus Cæsar, Pilate, the administrator of the Eastern Province:

I have received information, most excellent one, in consequence of which I am seized with fear and trembling. For in this province which I administer, one of whose cities is called Jerusalem, the whole multitude of Jews delivered unto me a certain man called Jesus, and brought many accusations against him, which they were unable to establish by consistent evidence. But they charged him with one heresy in particular, namely, That Jesus said the Sabbath was not a rest, nor to be observed by them. For he performed many cures on that day, and made the blind see, and the lame walk, raised the dead, cleansed lepers, healed the paralytic who were wholly unable to move their body or brace their nerves, but could only speak and discourse, and he gave them power to walk and run, removing their infirmity by his word alone. There is another very mighty deed which is strange to the gods we have: he raised up a man who had been four days dead, summoning him by his word alone, when the dead man had begun to decay, and his body was corrupted by the worms which had been bred, and had the stench of a dog; but, seeing him lying in the

tomb he commanded him to run, nor did the dead man at all delay, but as a bridegroom out of his chamber, so did he go forth from his tomb, filled with abundant perfume. 

-Seneatorial docket page 274)

And, again, there was another who had a withered hand, and not only the hand but rather the half of the body of the man was like a stone, and he had neither the shape of a man nor the symmetry of a body: even him He healed with a word and rendered whole.

Now when he was crucified, there was darkness over all the world, and the sun was obscured for half a day, and the stars appeared, but no lustre was seen in them; and the moon lost its brightness, as though tinged with blood; and the world of the departed was swallowed up; so that the very sanctuary of the temple, as they call it, did not appear to the Jews themselves at their fall, but they perceived a chasm in the earth, and the rolling of successive thunders. And amid this terror the dead appeared rising again, as the Jews themselves bore witness, and said that it was Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the twelve patriarchs, and Moses, and Job, who had died before, as they say, some three thousand five hundred years. And there were very many whom I myself saw appearing in the body, and they made lamentation

Seneatorial docket p. 275

over the Jews, because of the transgression which was committed by them, and because of the destruction of the Jews and of their law.

And the terror of the earthquake continued from the sixth hour of the preparation until the ninth hour; and when it was evening on the first day of the week, there came a sound from heaven, and the heaven became seven times more luminous than on all other days. And at the third hour of the night the sun appeared more luminous than it had ever shone, lighting up the whole hemisphere. And as lightning-flashes suddenly come forth in a storm, so there were seen men, lofty in stature, and surpassing in glory, a countless host, crying out, and their voice was heard as that of exceedingly loud thunder, Jesus that was crucified is risen again: come up from Hades ye that were enslaved in the subterraneous recesses of Hades. And the chasm in the earth was as if it had no bottom; but it was so that the very foundations of the earth appeared, with those that shouted in heaven, and walked in the body among the dead that were raised. And He that raised up all the dead and bound Hades said, Say to my disciples He goeth before you into Galilee, there shall ye see Him.

And all that night the light ceased not shining. And many of the Jews died in the chasm of the earth, being swallowed up, so that on the morrow most of those who had been against Jesus were not to be found. Others saw the apparition of men rising again whom none of us had ever seen. One synagogue of the Jews was alone left in Jerusalem itself, for they all disappeared in that ruin.

Therefore being astounded by that terror, and being possessed with the most dreadful trembling, I have written what I saw at that time and sent it to thine excellency; and I have inserted what was done against Jesus by the Jews, and sent it to you

Pilate to Tiberius:

But I now learn from the executioners and from the soldiers who watched his sepulchre that he rose from the dead. And I have especially confirmed what was told me, that he appeared bodily in Galilee,

to the same form, and with the same voice, and with the same doctrine, and with the sane disciples, not having changed 1 in anything, but preaching with boldness his resurrection, and an everlasting kingdom.

And behold, heaven and earth rejoice; and behold, Procla my wife is believing in the visions which appeared unto her, when thou sentest that I should deliver Jesus to the people of Israel, because of the ill-will they had.

Now when Procla, my wife, too heard that Jesus was risen, and had appeared in Galilee, she took with her Longinus the centurion and twelve soldiers, the same that had watched at the sepulchre, and went to greet the face of Christ, as if to a great spectacle, and saw him with his disciples.

Now while they were standing, and wondering, and gazing at him, he looked at them, and said to them, What is it? Do ye believe in me? Procla, know that in the covenant which God gave to the fathers, it is said that every body which had perished should live by means of my death, which ye have seen. And now, ye see that I live, whom ye crucified. And I suffered many things, till that I was laid in the sepulchre. But now, hear me, and believe in my Father—God who is in me. For I loosed the cords of death, and brake the gates of Sheol; and my coming shall be hereafter.

Seneatorial docket Page 275

Tiberius Ceasear

Response to pilate

Most impious one, when thou sawest so great signs done by that man, why didst thou dare to do thus? By daring to do an evil deed thou hast ruined all the world.

Conclusion:

Therefore Jesus Christ performing miracles is

(1) a historical fact
(2) Jesus Christs ressurection is a historical fact

(3)Jesus Christ raising the dead is a historical fact

Therefore,

Jesus is God.

Plaffelvohfensmoothie

Debra AI Prediction

Tie
Predicted
50%