frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Legal Vs. Illegal, Marriages

Debate Information

Realistically an illegal marriage is any marriage that starts out with an understanding of a possibility of divorce. True? or false?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  
    This is a strange position. Prenups are an inherent part of the legal marriage system, and they are usually employed exactly when the partners expect that there is a realistic chance that they will end up going through divorce.
  • @MayCaesar ;
    I prefer new position ..... People are strange, The Doors,1967 Doors property LLC. 2017

I would respectfully disagree. Prenup’s are a part of the illegal marriage and are only part of a that couple’s private state partnership as contract. The phrase "until death do you part" is a well know existing verbal agreement defining part of Marriage, therefor any break of this responsibility in advice or after is illegal fraud to the likelihood itself.

Each couple who divorce, or has Prenuptial agreements was acting against marriage and its responsibility.

• RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    @John_C_87 ; The possibility of divorce looms over every marriage due to our sin-nature. Illegal marriages are those that violate the Covenant of Marriage as established by our Creator in the Genesis and reiterated in the Gospels (Mark 10:6-9)...illegal marriages are not truly marriages but unions of perversion between same-sex individuals i.e. homosexuals and lesbians. Though a perverted President and a godless SCOTUS espoused and affirmed Obergefell v. Hodges (2015), this does not NOT legitimize the sin of homosexuality or lesbianism before God and there is a Court that has yet to convene but will do so at the end of Messiah Yeshua's Millennial Reign and God will be Judge of all things (Revelation 20:11-15).

• I disagree RickeyD, Marriage is a public likelihood all people not just gay or lesbian are capable to form illegal marriages. A gay man bound by word to lesbian woman without prenup are a legal marriage. Church or no church. Period.

• RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    @John_C_87 ; You can define two-queers - two-lesbians as a marriage if you desire...you can call a tree a car if you desire but the reality is, God defines marriage, not man and God has defined Marriage in His word...so your opinion and the opinion of the World is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things because God is God and He is Judge of what is right and what is wrong, not mankind. Call it a civil a union under man's civil law but homosexuals engaged in a "relationship" of sexual perversion is NOT a Marriage.

smoothie
  • smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD Much like how you can call your fantasy a reality and ignore the law. Hypocrite.
    why so serious?
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @smoothie ; When man's law contradicts God's Law I obey God's Law. There is no such entity as gay marriage...same-sex unions are union of sexual perversity - immorality and mock God's Covenant of Marriage; Same-sex unions will be judged in Eternity lest the participants repent and turn to Jesus Christ as Lord for the mediation of sin and righteousness with God the Father (John 14:6). Same-sex unions are of the Devil and they are a bastion of deception and hopelessness.

smoothie
  • @RickeyD ;

I am not arguing with you, though I have to say you are not a credible witness of a crime by how you are describing a public partnership. Any two woman in a united state including nun’s can be united as Unosmulier instead of Marriage, as marriage on the other hand would having me commit perjury as it is an official documentation of public record as a likelihood of citizens by a basic male female united state.

Here is the thing. Any or all church as united state on the hand of marriage which has conducted a marriage that ended as a divorce has had an illegal marriage. Any marriage that has started with a prenuptial agreement and took place in a church was an illegal marriage. Not only by GOD but by law. It is just unlikely that a State prosecutor would go after such a hard to prove crime. The gamble of getting a conviction is to low.

• smoothie said:
    @RickeyD Much like how you can call your fantasy a reality and ignore the law. Hypocrite.

The issue here is that the Civil litigation that took placed to trigger the unconstitutional litigation may yet become a malpractice of law. Civil law can be ignored to a point because it is dependent on single cases as no true united state of crime existed smoothie. This means it was a notable gamble to take as short cut to justice, unfortunate to the common defense many of the people who had been taking the gamble had been terminally ill. Meaning their risk was minimal limited by their own deaths.

This is only a short observation of basic principle and legal history.
    @John_C_87

I do not really share the common sentiment that one's responsibility in marriage is to maintain marriage at any cost. Circumstances change, people change. It would be unreasonable to assume that your outlook on your marriage will remain unchanged throughout, say, the next 30 years. Marriage should not be treated as a prison, but as a mutually beneficial arrangement. If it stops being mutually beneficial at some point, then there is no reason for it to last.

If you never have to divorce, than a prenup will not make any difference. And if you do have to divorce, then it can make the process much smoother for all parties involved. Either way, there are no downsides to having a prenup, aside perhaps from the difficulty in getting your partner to agree on it - but if you cannot even agree with your partner on the divorce conditions, then you probably should not be marrying that partner in the first place, as you clearly are not on the same page here.
    @John_C_87 ; Marriage is social contract according to man's law - it is civil by man's law, not criminal; therefore, no prosecutor is involved nor does the criminal court possess any form of jurisdiction. Divorcement is civil, not criminal.  The only aspect of divorce that can be criminalized is failure to pay alimony or child support subsequent to a court order to do so. Even then, the lines of jurisdiction are vague and during my 31-yrs in law enforcement I was never ordered to arrest anyone for an infraction of a divorcement decree/settlement other than protective orders/restraining orders where the offending spouse had violated said order thereby placing the complainant or a child in danger. Precinct Constables with civil jurisdiction may have authority in cases of divorce decrees but criminal law enforcement does not typically become involved unless an infraction of the penal-criminal code is manifest. Prenups and divorce do not make marriage "illegal"...either in the civil law or by God's Covenant though the couple is initiating their relationship adverse to God's design...but the Covenant remains valid and if the couple divorces for any reason other than adultery they are to remain unmarried for life or until the spouse dies; otherwise, they commit adultery and the one who marries a divorced man or woman commits adultery (Matthew 5:31-32).

Jesus said...

31 “Furthermore it has been said, ‘Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.’ 32 But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery.  Matthew 5:31-32 (NKJV)

The Covenant of Marriage as established by our Creator in The Genesis and reiterated in the Gospels is a sacred contract between one-man/one-woman becoming one-flesh for life before God. This contract cannot be annulled except by adultery or death. The Church is not essential for the Covenant of Marriage to be recognized by God but that the two-becoming one flesh (man and woman) is a marriage covenant irrespective of the Church. It is the sexual act of intercourse that bonds the two-into-one. This is why fornication, adultery, are prohibited by God's word/moral law because the sexual act brings a sharing of the body between one another...the sexual act is sacred and what is shared is forever.

@RickeyD The problem is that allowing the discrimination of same-sex marriages, restricts the secular stance of government and forces the government in a stance where it is respecting religion, which the first amendment avoids. The secular definition would be the union of two adults. If your only argument is god said something is wrong, then that will not hold up in the scope of man's law. You cannot force every citizen to follow a religion's laws, explicitly said in the first amendment.

Secular arguments make for secular laws, and the secular arguments against same-sex marriage do not stand in the scope of research and logical facts of man's law. Better secular arguments exist for types of marriages like incest marriages and are successful.

That is where Roe vs Wade actually does have a good secular argument against it, when people argue that abortion is baby murder and the types of rights unborn children have. These types of arguments I actually take seriously when its not "god said so"
    why so serious?
    @smoothie ; You are free to call the perversion of same-sex couples a "civil union" but to call this debauchery a "marriage" is a lie. Two-penises or two-vaginas cannot become one-flesh irrespective of the Establishment Clause.

• smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    @RickeyD then that is what it comes down to, your interpretation of faith versus mans law and facts. Now I get your anti-everythingthatisntme stance, your faith is so powerful its made you despise anything else including any fellow man that slightly disagrees and sides with reality. Pretty powerful

You acknowledge that banning same-sex marriage is unconstitutional? I think I won then, have fun in faith land all yourself with your own definitions. I'll stick to relevant man's law.
    why so serious?
    @smoothie ; If a man and a man want to have sex that's their business - what I'm saying is this, you can call same-sex unions anything you desire and man's law is inferior to God's Law. God has ordained marriage between one-man and one-woman for life, ONLY...NOT homosexuality. When you stand in the Judgment in Eternity you will not confront man's law but God's Law concerning His objective morality. Homosexuality is sin against God's Covenant of Marriage and if this is irrelevant to you then enjoy yourself...you will reap what you sow. My point being, that man's law is temporary and God's Law is eternal concerning morality. It's your choice in whom you serve.

@RickeyD

What kind of marriage are you in? Marriages are not limited to the specific details of bed activities. Most people marry for something more than being able to experience one body part being sticked into another body part.

You, little pervert... I always knew that Christian prudes were secretly perverted gentlemen and ladies! You will be punished by succubi in the afterlife for your sins.
    smoothie
    @MayCaesar ; I have been married to the most wonderful "woman" in the World for 34-years. It is the sexual-union that consummates the marriage covenant as it is the sexual act that makes the man and woman one-flesh.

You can mock and ridicule but unless you repent of your sin and trust in Jesus as Lord, you will reap what you sow because God is not mocked.  If you die in your homosexuality, you will die in sin and Hell without hope!

@MayCaesar I see "woman" quote on quote. INTERESTING, I think your closet theory is correct
    MayCaesar
    why so serious?
    @smoothie ; That's the problem with atheism-homosexuality...you don't "think"....you simply obey.

smoothie
    @RickeyD says you???
    why so serious?
    @smoothie ; Two homosexuals don't make a right.

• @MayCaesar ;

Yes I can see the view of making things easy as they are predicted to fail as a sense of human reasons. Yet.

That is okay a person does not have to share the united state of marriage, love, honor, obey, till death do you part. Do something else. There is, there was no force which demanded marriage take place it is a likelihood by consent. The question asked to all included man, wife, witnesses. If anyone should object to this marriage let them speak now or forever hold peace.

There is a profound difference between loving, honoring and to obey each other till death do you part and planning for divorce prior to the likelihood. Unless the prenuptial is stated verbally at the time of the Union In front of all witnesses, unless the lawyer who drafted the prenuptial was present at the marriage as witness, and object as a witness the marriage is simply just illegal as it the prenup that clearly the couples written objection to the oath of love, honor , and obey till death. We will not be able to verbally agree so we must write a objection before to not read as objection during the union in front of witnesses.

This part of the likelihood is not enforceable by law easily as it is a complicated fraud, honor the marriage, obey the desire of separation, take all love with you, as you both pretend to part until death never being allowed to marry again.

• RickeyD said:
    @smoothie ; Two homosexuals don't make a right.

RickyD

What is an illegal marriage?

It is a marriage that is not legal that simply. An act that is not a marriage will not be an illegal marriage it is something other than marriage all together. A basic partnership. A homosexual can be married by law of GOD, the homosexual is marriable to the lesbian as a couple and vice versa. As GOD does recognized the evil in people to bear false witness. The marriage only becomes illegal when a prenuptial agreement is involved in the union that is formed.

In basic principle plagiarism is the basic threat taking place where a partnership is using in combination law and acquisition of credit from a likelihood instead of general legal partnership. Those who are in the partnership can in fact be in the likelihood and chose not to be in that likelihood.

A consummation of marriage is the transfer of a shared state of death as murder that takes place when a woman before GOD does not become pregnant as she matures. The crime before GOD is not the sexual act if wed or unwed woman itself. The original sin is murder, when we end life we are also made one with who is killed, she as a woman then shares this act by sexual advance to birth with a male when they copulate.

Like I said I fear you are not a credible witness.

Binivir, Unosmulier, Virmulier, Civil union, and marriage are a group of witness accounts to preserve a idea of basic observation with a reasomable limit by what is likely to occur and who is to understand what occurs publicly.

Binivir, Unosmulier, Virmulier, Civil union, and marriage are a group of witness accounts to preserve the idea of basic observation with a limit by what is likely to occur. Illegal Marriage is when a action is take that triggers a crime in the Marriage process, any man and any woman. Divorce and prenuptial do this be effecting the witnesses accountability of what is taking place in the event of Marriage itself hiding details of likelihood. No-where in scripture does it say a person must witness a simple partnership as sin, truth is we cannot be asked to witness acts of sexual promiscuity when it does not present a likelihood that does not effect the general welfare.

Equal gender Marriages are not illegal they are simple not something that can be witnessed as a likelihood. Legally. The crime is placed on the witnesses.

• @RickeyD ;
    Please try and get on topic.
    @John_C_87 ; Sorry if you don't understand.

• RickeyD said:
    @John_C_87 ; Sorry if you don't understand.

I understand a very complex scenario assembled by faith.

Basically, I must witness a devoted religious woman who is living with a second devoted religious woman, as legal partners in a publicly private company. In that they share a united state with all woman who form this union with other woman. Even though that do not admit and say publicly that they are company instead plagiarizes marriage believing in faith so  law cannot be the judge that bound the person's who will order, or may act in a roll of creator of child in the partnership as state ensembled company, using law, be it two men, or be it two women medically without touching each other.

The development of science has progress in such a way through the centuries since Jesus Christ your Lord has risen that couples of a faith can participate now in an immaculate conception never before experienced by an person other than the Marry Mother of Jesus herself. Who will pay for this gift and how much are they will to pay? Thanks to medical treatment and devote faith with only the weight of paid price and no sin a hassle-free divine being like the Lord Jesus is to become reborn.

Fearing only that when recognizing man or woman has now acted as the father all mighty by starting a immaculate pregnancy outside the womb of any and all woman. The child in fertilization is a recreation of the baby Jesus himself. The cost of millions of woman who had been forced by lie to self-incriminating themselves without legal recourse cannot be suppressed or held from its part in the creation of immaculate life. Which now by united state constitution take place free without the pressure or influence of public self-incrimination hiding in a mountain of faith.

I agree marriage is God’s likelihood, and Binvir and UnosMulier are legal states seeing partnerships as society embraced the union of marriage so it can unite likelihood around the building of citizen be it creation and the creator. Again, this is not an illegal marriage the verbal likelihood is not made directly between a man and woman under pretense of religious GOD. God being only an axiom of numerical value to produce variables of increased number size an impartial global common defense to general welfare not religious at all when saying lord said go forth and multiply.

There is such thing as gay marriage. It is a happy marriage and sadly sometimes it only takes place when couples are obeying the desire in love they seek in others. Illegal marriages are founded around breaks of the vowels before they are made by the couple. This includes larger religions using influence of state law to overpowering the free state of religion by First Amendment.

• MayCaesar said:
    This is a strange position. Prenups are an inherent part of the legal marriage system, and they are usually employed exactly when the partners expect that there is a realistic chance that they will end up going through divorce.

An illegal marriage must be capable of being a legal Marriage in the first place. Basic principle.

A company of people that is publicly titled through civil right to be held with a identical group can be witnessed by the basic principle that places them in a union. In basic principle there are no legal marriages which end in divorce.

We are to love honor and obey until death. Agreement to end legal ties does not end any marriage vowel, law simply does not have that kind of authority. So, what is the authority law does have for use of council that does not include malpractice of law, the legal obligation of both married and unwed couples is to the title made by marriage, any second union outside the boundary of this first title having been made by a couple is in use by past actions of the two. A civil agreement with all other married couples is to be considered by law still in effect. As the court is a witness that death has not separated the two, one male and one female in basic union for life. By word.

There is not a threat to the general welfare created by this bond as it simple states they must agree to part legal ties and part, either constant company, companionship or other condition of oath.