frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Should animals have more protections for their rights?

Debate Information

Throughout the painful years of my life, animals have shown me kindness, and love, that i don't deserve. This is in the religion section, because i believe animals go to Heaven. If animals are so kind, why do they have such cruel lives?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  
    Do not confuse those domesticated animals humans have tamed, as well as those harmless animals we allow to roam around our neighborhoods - with actual wild animals. Overall, animals can be far more vicious than humans are. Many of the animal species are effectively mass murderers, and they will keep murdering for as long as they live.

If we are to apply same protections for animal rights as those for humans, then we also have to expect the same level of responsibility from them as that from humans. Which is obviously unfeasible: we are not going to track down every lion out there above the age of 1 year and imprison it, are we?

I will be the first one to argue in support of extensive animal rights - but it should be done on the basis of our humanity, not on the basis of the alleged animal superiority. You should not call them "kind", because many of them are nothing but. And for the "cruel life" of domesticated animals, one needs only to compare it to life of the same animals in the wilds, and it no longer seems all that cruel. Which does not necessarily excuse holding those animals in captivity, but it does put things in perspective.
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    I give animals the same respect and rights that they give to me and to each other. The animal kingdom is a vile, cruel, unfair and violent world where the only ones who survive to old age are those who live without mercy or are really good at hiding.
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".