frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

you are my destiny?

Debate Information

according to most Christians, if and when a person dies from an accident, a sudden illness  or is murdered,  christians justify the suddenness of it by stating that it is gods purpose for you, just part of his plan for you. Very well, how can a killer be condemned for killing someone if he is just a tool for gods purpose for you?
Happy_KillbotAlofRI

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• NeopesdomNeopesdom 157 Pts   -  
    maxxBlastcat
      “Never argue with an id'iot They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    stick to the subject or do not reply at all@Neopesdom
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    I believe a MAN named Jesus was used to reduce the fear of the "god" of the Christian religion. IT had become so feared that many people were shying away from the religion looking for a kinder one. Enter Jesus. Making this kinder, more humane and loveable "god" an integral part of the original one allowed the religion to make their original, once again, (still), their "god" …. but not half as bad. Their god was, through the MAN,  Jesus, an acceptable GOD again. Stealing his body made the MAN immortal. Clever.

Still, the passion of religious belief, was, from then 'til now, a reason to act like the original and kill to guarantee homage TO this "God of Gods" (2?), (3?).

As Thomas Paine said: "Belief in a cruel god makes a cruel man."

"Question with boldness even the existence of God; because, if there is one, he must approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear."
    * Thomas Jefferson *
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @maxx ; God does not ordain the murder of another...He forbids it.  Your error is not understanding the necessity of free will which is essential for relationship and love to exist in purity and authenticity. If you truly desire a succinct yet perfect explanation for your question concerning God's sovereignty in Time and Eternity as it relates to our free will, see this excellent, concise, video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44Crx0v7nzs
    Blastcat
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    RickeyD said:
    @maxx ; God does not ordain the murder of another...He forbids it.  Your error is not understanding the necessity of free will which is essential for relationship and love to exist in purity and authenticity. If you truly desire a succinct yet perfect explanation for your question concerning God's sovereignty in Time and Eternity as it relates to our free will, see this excellent, concise, video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44Crx0v7nzs
    Nixon, Trump, God. If THEY do it, it's good and legal. If anyone else does it, they must be punished. I'm proud to be an atheist. :relaxed:
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @AlofRI ; Atheism is a repository for fools. Enjoy it.
    maxxBlastcat
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    has nothing to do with the debate
    @RickeyD
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    you are in error for if you believe if we all die at a certain time regardless if we are murdered , that it is because it is for gods purpose.  in other words; why did jane, a bright young girl, get killed, is god so mean. again Christians justify it by saying that god chose this and it is her time to go! almost all Christians say this to justify why bad things happen to good people; therefore, the person who kills is simply a tool of god. that is simple logic.  why do bad things happen to good people? because god has a purpose for them.  why did she/ he get murdered when  god does not have to allow it?  because, god ordained it and the tool used was another human@RickeyD
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    The way I see it, if the god's plan for you is for you to die as a result of something random, then the god is awful at planning and should be ashamed.

Allegedly, the god is omnipotent, yet he seems okay with making people suffer from awful things like torture, cancer, et cetera. It would take the god but a blink to save lives of billions from unnecessary and pointless suffering, yet he could not be bothered to do so, it would seem.

Honestly, I have never decided which one I find more strange: the Christians' belief in god itself, or the version of god Christians choose to worship.
    Blastcat
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    This is a similar question to the one I just commented on.

Whenever we speak we use words that are all-inclusive. But even in our statements, the word “all” does not mean without exception. In the other sentence, I used the word ‘we’ that doesn’t include everyone on the planet or everyone who ever existed. There are scriptures that say ‘all’ but it has exceptions. Just because we cannot see the top of something doesn’t mean it doesn’t have a top.

The Bible says “With God, all things are possible.” It is unfathomable for “all things to be possible”, but that is only part of the picture. The bible clearly paints limits for God, which clarifies the word ‘all’ in that scripture. The Bible says God cannot lie, die, be tempted by evil. These are limits that indicate a top, crest, or peak of God’s ability. So the word Omnipotent could not apply to God.

Some religious leaders claim that God is omnipresent or everywhere, all places, at the same time. This is a mind-blowing concept that could be applied to God. Nevertheless, again the scriptures provide a clearer picture of limits. The terminology the Bible uses about God would be incorrect if God is everywhere. The Bible calls the heavens, his place of dwelling. You cannot dwell somewhere if you are everywhere.  Also, this goes against what the Bible says about idol worship. God forbids idol worship even calling them dead, senseless, and lifeless. But if he is in the idol they are not lifeless. Can God be in Satan, in death, in excrement? There are scriptures against these things too. If the answer is no in any sense then the concept of omnipresence is incorrect.

Now here is the big one, the one everyone says about God as true. God is Omniscience or knows everything. Fate. This concept once again is beyond comprehension. That would mean that God NEVER changes his mind. Nevertheless, many places in the Bible says that God had regret, he repented, reconsidered, and God said if certain things did happen he threated to change his mind, he would forget wrongdoings. Such concepts could not be applied to God if he is omniscience. Clearly the concept of fate and omniscience do not apply to God.

The problem is not the concept of God, but a more complete picture of God consists of. We need to look at the whole picture and not one or two scriptures.

These terms Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omniscience are words not in the Bible, these are terms religious people apply to God with little to no support from the Bible.

• maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    I am not sure how exactly this relates to my post.  you seem to be saying that just because god is not omnipotent then he has no individual plan for us.  very few Christians fail to say that the reason people die( in any fashion) too early in life , then it is because god has ordained it, that it is the persons time to go.  Why do bad things happen to good people? If you do not think like other Christians in believing that god has a purpose for each and all individuals then perhaps I salute you.  From some of your other posts and replies; you seem tp come across as one who believes that god and angels are of a more form of hierarchy type of government.@Sand
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    God does not know what every person will do in every instance. He has the power to look up the future, but apparently he doesn't look up the future on every event.
    The reason people die is that they chose to break away from God.
    In an effort to gain more liberty, Man chose to be his own God.
    He did this before he got the answer to death.

God has not ordained it, he provided a solution to it.
    The Bible says "But time and chance happen to them all."

Bad things happen to good people because man chose to be his own God.
    God has the solution, because man voluntarily disconnected from God, he has to voluntarily submit back to God out of love.

What is not being said, is how Satan played a part in Man becoming his own God.
    Satan's goal was to get worship as a god.
    So he questioned God's involvement with man, saying why don't we let man choose for himself who he wants to worship.
    Satan claimed that man only served God for what he can get from God.
    If Man was allowed to rule himself he would not voluntarily choose God.
    So God cannot prevent bad things from happening to good people.
    Then this would play into what Satan is insinuating.
    People would need to serve God despite the bad things and obvious benefits.

• maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @Sand I am not talking about a spirtuall death, so I cant agree that people die because they turn away from god.  everyone dies and even highly religious people are murdered.  However you do not seem to agree with other christains when they believe  that certain things happen to good people for as of gods plan for them. this is one reason why so many people deride Christians; they can not collectively agree with each other on how the bible in interpreted
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  

I am talking about physical death also.

What plan is it? Ask them to show that in the Bible.
    Religious people only say that to that in an attempt to prove God is omniscience (knowing everything).
    God obviously knows a whole lot but not everything.

God allows people to die.
    Soon God will eliminate death.
    1 Corinthians 15:26 - "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death."
    Then he will resurrect the just and unjust.
    Acts 24:15 - "having a hope in God, which these men themselves accept, that there will be a resurrection of both the just and the unjust."

Most Religious people don't read the Bible, I hold classes with Pasters all the time.
    You be surprised how many do not know the story of Adam and Eve.
    Some are still saying they ate the "Apple" when the Bible clearly says "fruit".

Jesus talked about this same question you asked.
    Luke 13:1-5 - "There were some present at that very time who told him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. And he answered them, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans, because they suffered in this way? No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish. Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them: do you think that they were worse offenders than all the others who lived in Jerusalem? No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.”

This is hard to understand unless read multiple times.
    Jesus was weighing one sinner versus another.

Pontius Pilate killed a bunch of Jews in the temple area for some reason.
    Jesus asked if the ones killed have sinned more or heavier than other Jews.
    As if God set those Jews up in particular to die.
    Then Jesus asked if the 18 jews who died by the tragic Siloam tower event, were worse offenders than other Jews?
    The answer to both cases is "no".
    But the emphasis to prevent our death is repentance, to be among the just and unjust.