frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Where is World Going in 2020? WW3 or What?

Debate Information

All countries of the world are facing some kind of issues at the end of 2019. What would be the future of Europe at Brexit? Where are yellow jacket protestors are going to take Germany? Indian students, Hong Kong, Chile and Lebanon youth is protesting and on the streets. High tensions between China and the US. All in all, where the world is going in 2020? Do you think it is the start of a new world war or World War 3? Or we are near the end of wars?

We are living in a world of uncertainty. How do you see the future of this world?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6049 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    There are always issues. I suggest not giving in to the media sensationalism. Objectively speaking, virtually all nations in the world feature the highest quality of life they have ever featured (except for a few outliers, such as Cuba or North Korea), the crime rates are at their historical low, the life expectancy is at its historical high, the number of wars and their casualties is at its historical low... We are living in the best time in the history of mankind, and it is only going to go uphill from here.

I am very optimistic, both about the world as a whole, and my place in it! I have very ambitious plans for the next 6 years, and at the end of year 2029 I am planning to sit down and stare in awe at the list of accomplishments.
    BonitaVanhooserBlastcat
  • It is good to be optimistic. Though I also enjoy the comforts of technology, instant communication but honestly, I don't find certainty and peace in this world.
  • MayCaesar said:
    There are always issues. I suggest not giving in to the media sensationalism. Objectively speaking, virtually all nations in the world feature the highest quality of life they have ever featured (except for a few outliers, such as Cuba or North Korea), the crime rates are at their historical low, the life expectancy is at its historical high, the number of wars and their casualties is at its historical low... We are living in the best time in the history of mankind, and it is only going to go uphill from here.

I am very optimistic, both about the world as a whole, and my place in it! I have very ambitious plans for the next 6 years, and at the end of year 2029 I am planning to sit down and stare in awe at the list of accomplishments.

@MayCaesar this actually reminded me of the book "

Factfulness: Ten Reasons We're Wrong About the World--and Why Things Are Better Than You Think" by Hans Rosling. https://www.amazon.com/Factfulness-Reasons-World-Things-Better/dp/1250107814

MayCaesar

• World War III has passed...
    The future forward for humanity equals off planet...
    Blastcat
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    We are closer to WW3 than we have been since the Cold War. Too much unrest EVERYWHERE, to much ego and hubris here in the U.S., and a "leader" who acts on "instincts" that are more intelligent than Generals with years of experience and training. Well, if our "leader" doesn't put on his training pants and get control of the fecal matter he's letting loose every day, we'll find out what Einstein meant when he said: " I know not with what weapons WW3 will be fought, but, WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones."
    CYDdharta
  • @AlofRI ;

WWIII has come and past..

As for all Nuclear cold War the atomic rector melt down has forever change principles of any atomic doomsday a world can expect and measure. While possible chemical biological conflicts in general rewrite use of atomic weapons on nations.  
    Blastcat