frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

I submit to you that Pedosexuals are victims.of the conservative agenda just like gay people.

Debate Information

Pedosexuality just like homosexuality has been the focal point of abuse from conservatives for many years. Not because Pedosexuals or homosexuality is bad, but because of the corrupt and bias mindset of the conservative mentality.
Blastcat

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    Please call pedophilia what it is, a -philia. It is not a sexuality https://www.ebony.com/life/pedophilia-sexual-abuse-op-ed/ Do not attempt to relate homosexuality to pedophilia.

I don't understand how not allowing adults to have sex with children is "conservative bias". Is it conservative to keep the same laws in place? Maybe, but I don't think it is corrupt to think that for pedophilia.

I believe many people from both sides of the political spectrum think that pedophilia is bad, and I think it is the main reason why people are against it. Think about it, its an adult sexually attracted to an innocent child. Unlike homosexuality, where it is two consenting adults, advocating for pedophilia is definitely not justifiable for most people. Many label it child abuse and cannot think of good reasons to justify it.
    tiffany318ZeusAres42
    why so serious?
  • So basically, you're entire argument is that all conservatives are homosexuals and pedophiles?

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6021 Pts   -  
    Well, the first time I laid down in bed with a girl was at the age of 11 (and she was 10, I believe). Neither of us died. There was no sex, but the situation was quite intimate.

Children are too coddled nowadays. I am definitely not in favor of 50 year old dudes having sex with 10 year old children, but the restrictions in place today are also ridiculous. The age of consent in some states in the US, for example, is 18... And 21 is the age at which you can buy your first bottle of alcohol. And this coincides with very flexible age laws in some other regards.

Just think about it. If you are 17 years and 364 days old, then in some states you cannot give an oral to a man. But the next day you can take a machine gun and go die in a war on the Middle East. How is this reasonable?
    DylanBlastcat
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    If someone has sex or violates someone in a sexual way while they are asleep or incapacitated, that is rape because they were not able to consent to it. A child who is not fully developed may not know or understand what is going on, and so it is dubious to say that they are able to consent to sexual acts. The age limits on sex are there to prevent children from making harmful choices that could leave permanent psychological injuries. A child might not be physically or mentally able to say no.

This is not a problem with homosexuality because it is between two consenting adults who are both aware of what is going on, and if they don't like it they can say no.
    smoothie
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    Right , thanks for the heads up , is there a way I can recognize this “ conservative type “  while walking down a street just in case I’m in danger? 
    Blastcat
  • tiffany318tiffany318 17 Pts   -  
    I don't think the term pedosexual is appropriate firstly, sexual orientation like homosexuality is one identifying (-philia) is a label given to a predator suffering fr an illness secondly policies regarding pedophilia are so complex and vary fr state to state it would be too difficult to form what agenda is being pushed if any at all. Eventually we will need a new name for the pedophile in order to lessen stigmas and admin the needed resources for such individuals suffering from the disorder hopefully in turn reducing the # of potential victims.