frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is Taxation theft?

Debate Information

Taxation is theft because people are having their income taken without their consent by the government, and before anyone says "But the roads, or schools!" Before the Revenue Act of 1913, we had all those things, but guess what people didn't get their income taken forcefully
Blastcat

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  

People pay tax with consent as we live in societies governed by rules so by implication we do so with consent 

In an act of theft the action is hidden from the victim people are fully aware of paying taxes 

It’s immaterial to me as I pay no taxes as I’m tax free as an artist under my countries constitution , those that pay taxes where I live get social welfare if needed , healthcare , education and a state pension for life , I would sooner  pay taxes than try to survive during a recession when unemployment would leave me with very few options ......That’s just my two pence worth anyway 

david_____________Blastcat
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    Taxes are the membership cost of living in a given society. Don't want to pay? Go live in the wild and ... 
    AlofRIZombieguy1987
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • @Zombieguy1987 ;

Yes, it can be considered theft. However, in the United states of America it might be more accurately consider an Armed Robbery. Is the government itself the perpetrator of the potential robbery, no. There are two primary common defenses as to why the government is not conducting armed robbery. The most important is that the dollar is a receipt on all debt  America holds, legal and illegal.

In truth why dept. must be held for both legal and illegally obtained method is all wrong holds a potential to be explained as right when the presumption of innocence is held to create all men as equal. A common right in constitution is that by paying taxation the people when are weighed by justice in court of law need not support the court by penalty as this instantly incriminates the system to corruption, as it will then need to meet a quota. The idea of corruption can be eliminated by allowing people to pay in advance to their crimes, or to maintain their innocence as presumption use court of law. 

The United States American Declaration of Independence was written in self-evident truth to help establish that one way a legislation such as parliament can conduct the crime of theft against a tax payer by not insuring voice or say in the creation of law.

Taxation is thee union due....

Blastcat
  • @Zombieguy1987 ;

There are several types of taxation I would not choose to live in the wild as the taxation in nature is tide directly to the food chain. Thus, the reason a civilized culture understanding a receipt on debt hey help create works better.
    Blastcat
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    It's only theft when it's taken in a way that it finds its way to the pockets of others …. with nothing coming back in return. It's an "investment" in our country that SHOULD come back to U.S. in services and/or protections. When it's wasted on egomaniacal things like "useless walls" or "subsidies for the rich" it IS theft.

How can money used for defense, disease study, education, roads and bridges, etc. be "theft"?? It's an investment in ourselves! Theft comes from its misuse, and the thieves should be punished! 
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6020 Pts   -  
    Well, "theft" implies certain covertness in the act of taking. The government takes people's money openly and has even issued laws governing the taking process, hence it is more accurate to call it "plunder". It is functionally very similar to how in Mexico mafia representatives come to people's stores and say, "Pay us 20% of your revenue, or we will take violent action against you and your family. But if you do pay us 20% of your revenue, then we will protect you from other mafia groups - you have our word".

Granted, there could be some specific taxes that can be classified as theft. If you look at the business world, taxation there is extremely sophisticated, and hidden fees come up all the time. Those hidden fees, that are virtually impossible for people partaking in the transactions to know about, and which their accountants and lawyers have to fish out of the sea of regulations - they qualify to be stolen money, or close to it.
    Zombieguy1987Blastcat
  • The government takes people's money openly and has even issued laws governing the taking process.
    The basic problem is taxation is not collected with just money as Federal Reserve Note so in a simpler statement we would agree government take the peoples credit as the receipt is not ever the peoples property it is a holding. 

In basic his this is what creates complicated legal issues with laws that interfere with the holding and moving process.
    Blastcat
  • Zombieguy, MayCaesar, and AlofRI  which Federal Reserve Notes are yours? Please let me know by serial number when I come across those serial numbers I will return them to you, so you can replace them with other Notes having different serial numbers, I will add a reasonable delivery cost and if I find then anywhere damaged I will return them to you so you can replace them, then I will trade with you getting all Notes with different serial numbers that hold the same value on debt by number display. A display not only held in the serial number by a display shown simply as a quantity of other type receipts registered in use.

I often feel the same way Zombieguy but taxation can only be used to steal credit it is not legal tender for all debt foreign and domestic. Funny enough it is the Legislator who give credit not the government. 

Not trying to be a smart @$$ but am working on a very complex algorithm to formulate a National debt clock which has me exploring avenues of Time and Debt much deeper than most looking for better ways to display the process. 

Blastcat