frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Against providing reservation based on caste in India.

Debate Information

Reservation based on caste isolating specifically certain clause of people to be a part of social community, labelling them as scheduled caste and scheduled tribes. 
Reservations doesn't benefitting the people who are in need. It's actually benefiting the people who are literates and employed from the so called backward community. 
 Reservations in reality affecting the economically weaker sections of people belongs to so called upper clause and lower clause.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    I am against all forms of racial separatism, because I believe humans are all one race.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6021 Pts   -  
    On a more general note, self-segregation of virtually all kinds is extremely limited. I see a lot of people grouping up based on some superficial similarities: black people hang around together, white people hang around together, Asians hang around together, men hang around together, women hang around together, Chinese hang around together, Indians hang around together, children hang around together, elderly hang around together, businessmen hang around together, conservatives hang around together...

I have always wanted a different thing: diversity. I love interacting with people different from me, learning something from them and just having a good time. There is not much to be gained from interacting with people similar to you, and you have to go outside your comfort zone and explore new opportunities. I am not even talking just about people, but everything. You have to go to new places, interact with new people, try out new hobbies, implementing new habits, etc., if you want to continuously grow as an individual and have a lot of fun in life. You are not going to find fun by doing the same stuff every day, hanging out with the same people every day, staying at the same room every day, etc.

When a choice is between comfort and fun, fun is almost always the right option. Recently I have been getting into the "social freedom" movement, where the goal is to become independent of people's opinion of you and your words/actions and freely express yourself. You would be amazed at how fun doing the most wacky stuff can be. Try something basic, if you are brave enough: walk on an empty street, and when a stranger walks towards you and comes close, suddenly fall on the ground and just lay there. I can guarantee that if you never did anything like this before and always conformed with the societal expectations, then this experience will literally blow your mind, as you will be shocked by the quality of the interaction and the amount of emotions it brings out in you.

As children, we were very playful and focused on just having fun. But as we grew up, we got more serious and boring. Bringing back that childhood care-free attitude can transform your life in unbelievable ways, opening up countless opportunities to you. It is like living in a tiny cage your whole life, and then one day breaking the lock and getting outside, being able to go anywhere you want and do anything you want.

Self-segregation does not allow you to undertake this transformation, as you always spend time around the same people doing the same things. This is my biggest problem with nationalism which was so widespread where I grew up: people just voluntarily cut themselves off 98% of the global population and get stuck with like-minded boring robots. I wanted the opposite: I wanted to get to know people from other cultures who can give me experiences I have never had before. Castes, reservations and such do the exact opposite and lead to a very miserable and monotonous existence.

A lot of other Russian immigrants here in the US form communities, where they speak Russian with each other, date each other, go to various events together and so on. I have never come close to any of those communities, and for that matter I do not think I spoke Russian with anyone in the US ever since moving here, with exception of my visiting relatives and a few Russians I would randomly encounter in my road trips. I did not come to the US to speak Russian with other Russians; I came to the US to expand my horizons and meet new people. And I will never understand those who do not have the same desire.
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -  
    @SrijaCH

It seems to me you may be posting this either from India, or you are someone who may have a more informed perspective on this than most people on here because we are mostly western citizens here. If you could give us more information on this topic I think those of us who are on this site may have a chance to be better informed on the specific issue you are bringing up. I get the feeling that most of us here will argue against a caste system by default, yet we aren't adequately informed about the specific topic you're hoping to discuss, therefore we won't be able to have a truly informed opinion.

What is this program of "reservation" that you speak of? I think what you are referring to as reservation may have a meaning that most of us here will not understand. It would also behoove you to let us in on what clause it is you are referring to. This seems like it would be an interesting topic to be a part of, but it would be nice if we could get more background on the issue so we can have a better understanding. Thanx