frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is God a Trinity?

Debate Information

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought ;Gone for long I see...

and no, if anything God has Pi parts.

Prove me wrong. (hint: you can't because it is all made up, anything goes.)
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought ;Gone for long I see...

and no, if anything God has Pi parts.

Prove me wrong. (hint: you can't because it is all made up, anything goes.)
    Oh, so now you are into cyber bullying, all because I disagreed with you? Also, i don't have to prove you wrong, because I have already offered evidence, that God is a Trinity. You really don't want to P**** me off, because I will report abuse. Either stay on topic, or leave.
    Happy_Killbot
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    Happy_KillbotAlofRI
    If someone asks: "Does Santa Claus have a white beard?" then shows any books showing his beard as white, can we claim this to be evidence unless we first know that the books are accurate, or at least that Santa Claus exists?

Asking "Is god a trinity" is exactly the same question for all intents and purposes. You can point to the bible and claim it is evidence, be we don't know if the bible is accurate or that god, gods, or other mythical beings exist.
    DeeAlofRI
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,

• RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    @YeshuaBought ; Yes, God, from Genesis 1:1 via His name "Elohim" - a plural noun with a singular verb, introduces Himself as God in plural form and introduces the Holy Spirit as the active force in creation in Genesis 1:2 as well.

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters."  Genesis 1:1 (NIV)

While God the Father and the Holy Spirit are introduced in The Beginning, the Holy Spirit proclaims Jesus-Yeshua as the actual Creator of life, matter, Time and the One who explains God the Father to mankind...

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [a]He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. 5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not [b]comprehend it.  John 1:1-4 (NASB)  Cont...

14 And the Word became flesh, and [k]dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of [l]the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. 15 John *testified about Him and cried out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me [m]has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.’” 16 For of His fullness [n]we have all received, and [o]grace upon grace. 17 For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth [p]were realized through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained HimJohn 1:14-18 (NASB)

The Holy Spirit identifies Jesus as Creator and the One who holds all matter together...

15 [w]He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For [x]by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. 17 He [y]is before all things, and in Him all things [z]hold together.  Colossians 1:15-17 (NASB)

The Holy Spirit displays the Triune God throughout the pre-flood and Covenant of Law dispensations then uniquely defines the Trinity at the Baptism of Messiah-Jesus/Yeshua...

13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. 14 But John tried to deter him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?”

15 Jesus replied, “Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented.

16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”  Matthew 3:13-17 (NIV)

I cannot fully explain the Biblical truism of the Trinity but this is how our Creator introduces Himself to mankind. God the Father possessing supreme authority over Time and Eternity; God the Son who is coequal with God the Father but is voluntarily in submission to the Father's authority; God the Holy Spirit who is the active force in the Trinity that is coequal to God the Father and God the Son and the Holy Spirit assumes the responsibility of accomplishing-completing-implementing the will of God the Father and these Three separate and unique personalities are One God.

Jesus said...

Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us.” 9 Jesus replied, “Philip, I have been with you all this time, and still you do not know Me? Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? The words I say to you, I do not speak on My own. Instead, it is the Father dwelling in Me, performing His works.…  John 14:8-10

"The Father loves the Son and has given all things into His hands." John 3:35 (NASB)

Jesus who is Spirit, left Eternity some 2019-yrs ago at the behest of the Father and was formed/fashioned by God the Holy Spirit in the womb of a young virgin in accordance with Genesis 3:15, prophesied 4000-yrs before the Advent of Messiah in the flesh. Jesus, who is Spirit (John 4:24) entered Time in the flesh (God incarnate) in order to defeat Lucifer's reign over death and Hell and the grave and Jesus will, for Eternity, remain in His resurrected bodily form and the redeemed, faithful in Jesus will see Him as He is (1 John 3:2) and live with Him forever in the Kingdom of God. Jesus was born through the womb of a virgin in order to circumvent the sin-nature that is passed through the blood-line of the first man, Adam (1 Corinthians 15:22).

The Lord God said to the serpent,

“Because you have done this,
    Cursed are you more than all cattle,
    And more than every beast of the field;
    On your belly you will go,
    And dust you will eat
    All the days of your life;
    15 And I will put enmity
    Between you and the woman,
    And between your seed and her seed;
    He shall [d]bruise you on the head,
    And you shall bruise him on the heel.  Genesis 3:14-15 (NASB)

Jesus Christ is God, Messiah, Lord, Mediator and Judge and is unique among our Triune God as He is flesh and the God of the redeemed among human KIND who have placed their faith in Jesus Christ as Lord for the mediation of sin.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

Oh dear now you’re being .......bullied .......you’re funny 
    If someone asks: "Does Santa Claus have a white beard?" then shows any books showing his beard as white, can we claim this to be evidence unless we first know that the books are accurate, or at least that Santa Claus exists?

Asking "Is god a trinity" is exactly the same question for all intents and purposes. You can point to the bible and claim it is evidence, be we don't know if the bible is accurate or that god, gods, or other mythical beings exist.
    I don't care about your feelings, and have already prsented, my evidence. If you choose to ignore it, that is your problem.
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ; Yes, God, from Genesis 1:1 via His name "Elohim" - a plural noun with a singular verb, introduces Himself as God in plural form and introduces the Holy Spirit as the active force in creation in Genesis 1:2 as well.

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters."  Genesis 1:1 (NIV)

While God the Father and the Holy Spirit are introduced in The Beginning, the Holy Spirit proclaims Jesus-Yeshua as the actual Creator of life, matter, Time and the One who explains God the Father to mankind...

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [a]He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. 5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not [b]comprehend it.  John 1:1-4 (NASB)  Cont...

14 And the Word became flesh, and [k]dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of [l]the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. 15 John *testified about Him and cried out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me [m]has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.’” 16 For of His fullness [n]we have all received, and [o]grace upon grace. 17 For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth [p]were realized through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained HimJohn 1:14-18 (NASB)

The Holy Spirit identifies Jesus as Creator and the One who holds all matter together...

15 [w]He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For [x]by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. 17 He [y]is before all things, and in Him all things [z]hold together.  Colossians 1:15-17 (NASB)

The Holy Spirit displays the Triune God throughout the pre-flood and Covenant of Law dispensations then uniquely defines the Trinity at the Baptism of Messiah-Jesus/Yeshua...

13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. 14 But John tried to deter him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?”

15 Jesus replied, “Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented.

16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”  Matthew 3:13-17 (NIV)

I cannot fully explain the Biblical truism of the Trinity but this is how our Creator introduces Himself to mankind. God the Father possessing supreme authority over Time and Eternity; God the Son who is coequal with God the Father but is voluntary in submission to the Father's authority; God the Holy Spirit who is the active force in the Trinity that is coequal to God the Father and God the Son and the Holy Spirit assumes the responsibility of accomplishing-completing-implementing the will of God the Father and these Three separate and unique personalities are One God.

Jesus said...

Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us.” 9 Jesus replied, “Philip, I have been with you all this time, and still you do not know Me? Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? The words I say to you, I do not speak on My own. Instead, it is the Father dwelling in Me, performing His works.…  John 14:8-10

"The Father loves the Son and has given all things into His hands." John 3:35 (NASB)

Jesus who is Spirit, left Eternity some 2019-yrs ago at the behest of the Father and was formed/fashioned by God the Holy Spirit in the womb of a young virgin in accordance with Genesis 3:15, prophesied 4000-yrs before the Advent of Messiah in the flesh. Jesus, who is Spirit (John 4:24) entered Time in the flesh (God incarnate) in order to defeat Lucifer's reign over death and Hell and the grave and Jesus will, for Eternity, remain in His resurrected bodily form and the redeemed, faithful in Jesus will see Him as He is (1 John 3:2) and live with Him forever in the Kingdom of God. Jesus was born through the womb of a virgin in order to circumvent the sin-nature that is passed through the blood-line of the first man, Adam.

So the Lord God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this,

“Cursed are you above all livestock
        and all wild animals!
    You will crawl on your belly
        and you will eat dust
        all the days of your life.
    15 And I will put enmity
        between you and the woman,
        and between your offspring[a] and hers;
    he will crush[b] your head,
        and you will strike his heel.”  Genesis 3:14-15 (NIV)

Jesus Christ is God, Messiah, Lord, Mediator and Judge and is unique among our Triune God as He is flesh and the God of the redeemed among human KIND who have placed their faith in Jesus Christ as Lord for the mediation of sin.

I agree, I just wanted to present the evidence, of our position.
    RickeyD

I don't care about your feelings, and have already prsented, my evidence. If you choose to ignore it, that is your problem.

@YeshuaBought

Feelings? Where? This is cold, hard, logic. What you provide is speculation, not evidence. You seek those who reaffirm what you already hold as truth, instead of approaching things with a completely detached and open mind and make a rational and unbiased decision.

If I disagree with you, that is fine. The key question is, is it even possible for you to change your mind?

• AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    I think if I was a member of a religion that thought there was ONE GOD, I'd stick with that idea. The Egyptians had several gods, The Greeks had many gods. I don't know of any that were divided into parts. Which part do you like best?? The genocidal part or the more modern, "filled with love" part? Maybe the spooky part??  My choice would be the filled with love one … more like ME …. at least when I was younger. :blush: 

I've seen you curse (cuss?) both of the more "solid" versions, don't know if you've gone after the misty one. Frankly, I don't have anything against a M'enage-a'-Trois, but, not with three males …. just not my thing. 

I will say, it's not so confusing being an atheist. If it feels good …. we can do it …. while we "spread the love". :sweat_smile:
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought ; Don't be dismayed by the foolishness of this atheist inundated forum...these people lack the wisdom and discernment to understand the necessity of God's dominion over creation; therefore, the truism of the Trinity is far beyond their secular/naturalist abilities. They are the blind leading the blind and both will fall into the Pit. Just speak the Truth.

BaptistChristian
  • Ok yes god is a trinity. God, Jesus, And the Holy Spirit
    @BaptistChristian

Can you prove it?

• Yes in the only correct bible translated correctly and written by GOD and people in in The Bible. Corinthians 8:6, The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, [be] with you all. Amen. ([The second [epistle] to the Corinthians was written from Philippi, [a city] of Macedonia, by Titus and Lucas.])
  • @Happy_Killbot there’s that proof you wanted
    @BaptistChristian How do you know for certain, that the bible is the word of god, and not deluded by the selfish ideas of men? 

• @Happy_Killbot ;Because It Has No Copyright

The original crown copyright of 1611 does not forbid anyone today from reprinting the Authorized Version. It was only copyrighted then for the purpose of allowing the printer to finance the publication. For nearly four hundred years now we have been printing millions of copies of KJV's without requesting permission from anyone. Over eight-hundred million copies of the Authorized Version have been printed without anyone paying royalties. This cannot be said of any of the new translations. 

The new "bibles" are the work of MEN, but the KJV is a divine work of the Holy Spirit. The term "Authorized" has traditionally been applied to the King James Version alone, for this is the one Book which the Holy Spirit has blessed and used for so long. The fact that it bears no copyright allows printing ministries throughout the world to print millions of copies each year for the mission field. I know the King James Bible is the word of God because it has no copyright.

@BaptistChristian
     I don't think you understand what I mean, is there anyway that the works in the bible, that is to say what was written down by it's many authors, was not divinely inspired?

Let me say this another way: Based on your screen name, I'm going to assume you are not a Mormon, and you don't believe that the book of Mormon is divinely inspired, but rather that Joseph Smith was a charlatan who just made it all up.

Is there any chance that this is the case with some or all of the bible?

• @Happy_Killbot yes you see that the Book of Mormon has a copyright so they have to change the book every so often. The KJV does not so it never has changed since 1611. But before 1611 there was still the KJV just in a different language and under a different name. William Tyndale translated it. The Catholic Church had the Bible in Latin and didn’t want the REAL Bible translated to the language that almost all the people spoke. The Catholics hated to people who translated it so much they burned his corpse beat him and other stuff. So all the translations are accurate from beginnings time
    @BaptistChristian

When the book of Mormon been changed? ( I actually don't know, if you have some references I would love to see them)

All the translations being accurate doesn't get to the root of the question though, suppose they were made up by charlatans in their original text. How would we know that this did not happen?

• @Happy_Killbot in the 1980s 3913 changes to the text. and again in 2013
    @BaptistChristian
    I just did some quick research, the book of Mormon is in the public domain.
    http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/17

The interesting story is that copyright laws actually saved the book, because the first person to print it would have had the rights to do so, and non-Mormon's could have blocked the further printing of the book preventing the spread of the religion.
    https://www.deseret.com/2010/12/21/20162142/copyright-saved-the-book-of-mormon

• Haven’t you noticed that all the religions in the Christian denomination are based off of the KJV even the Book of Mormon. The only religion I know of that use KJV is Baptist and Some Southern Baptist. The only exception to this is the Catholics 
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  

The difference between the Bible, Book of Mormon, and the Quran is the number of writers.

The Quran is from one source Muhammud, from an Angel that he could only go to, then memorized over a period of years before putting it down in writing from one man Abu Bakr.
    The Book of Mormon was from one source Joseph Smith, golden plates with information only he could see was used.

The Bible has 40 different writers most did not personally meet, over a much longer period of time, information written from personal experiences and Angels with multiple eyewitnesses.

This says nothing to the authenticity of the material, but there was no one to account for the viability of the material in reference to the Book of Mormon and the Quran.
    Muhammud always went alone to speak with the Angel Gabriel, memorized it and came down and had other people memorize it for 47 years.
    Joseph Smith was the only one looking at the gold tablets. (Now I feel the gold tablets exist now, but he could have had them created at any time before it was revealed to other persons.)
    Nevertheless, During the writing of the Bible there were people who were there to attest to the viability.
    The material was read aloud right after it was written every sabbath.
    Also, the job of the scribes was to copy it over and over again, so many eyes, ears, and hands was connected to the Bible during its writing.
    Now there are over 5000 original Hebrew scrolls, and over 6000 original Greek scrolls.
    All the Bible in English and any other language has been translated from those scrolls.

• SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    The Trinty isn't true.
    It is neither logical or scriptural, it is only determined through deductive reasoning.
    But deductive reasoning is not always right.

Jesus is an Agent of God.