frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Go and see the movie "Unplanned". Abby Johnson worked in Planned P. abortion trade.

Debate Information

If you want to learn the truth about Planned Parenthood and the abortion trade, go see this movie.

Abby Johnson was one of Planned Parenthood's strongest advocates and worked with them for years. The day came when she participated in an abortion, and witnessed first hand the horrors of seeing a baby fighting for it's life. She instantly became strong pro life and Planned Parenthood's strongest critic.

This is why the Liberal media never shows abortion procedures on TV. They want to keep you in the dark to the inhumanity of taking innocent lives. They know there would be million's of Abby Johnson's out there if they showed abortion procedures. 

If you want to know the truth of the big money abortion trade, rather than what fake news feeds you, go see this movie.
PlaffelvohfenSkepticalOnexlJ_dolphin_473

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• If you want to learn the truth about Planned Parenthood and the abortion trade, go see this movie.

Abby Johnson was one of Planned Parenthood's strongest advocates and worked with them for years. The day came when she participated in an abortion, and witnessed first hand the horrors of seeing a baby fighting for it's life. She instantly became strong pro life and Planned Parenthood's strongest critic.

This is why the Liberal media never shows abortion procedures on TV. They want to keep you in the dark to the inhumanity of taking innocent lives. They know there would be million's of Abby Johnson's out there if they showed abortion procedures. 

If you want to know the truth of the big money abortion trade, rather than what fake news feeds you, go see this movie.
    The truth is that most abortions are done with medication. This 'inhumanity' regarding procedures which occur later in the pregnancy, most likely done to save a woman's life, is nothing more than emotional manipulation. Inhumanity would be allowing fetus and mother to die together without an abortion or force a woman to carry an inviable fetus to term. 

Educate yourself. Don't allow an emotional argument to subvert your reason.

PlaffelvohfenpiloteerWe_are_accountable
    A supreme being is just like a normal being...but with sour cream and black olives.
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    @SkepticalOne

"Defenders of late-term abortion frequently make the assertion that late-term abortions are “almost always” carried out in cases of severe fetal abnormality or danger to the mother’s life.  Reporting on the results of a study of late-term abortions in 2013 (Foster, Kimport) in the journal Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health, a publication of the pro-choice Guttmacher Institute, the authors acknowledge that  “data suggests that most women seeking later terminations are not doing so for reasons of fetal anomaly or life endangerment.”  Using interviews and questionnaires, the authors compared 272 women who had abortions at 20 weeks with 169 women who had abortions prior to 20 weeks and found that the rationales cited by the two groups were essentially the same – stressful circumstances of unprepared pregnancy, single-motherhood, financial pressure, and relationship discord.  The Foster-Kimport study excluded for comparison an unidentified number of women who had abortions for reasons of life endangerment or fetal anomaly, a significant limitation.  In an April 2018 report for the Congressional Research Service, however, Dr. Foster is cited as believing “that abortions for fetal anomaly ‘make up a small minority of later abortion’ and that those for life endangerment are even harder to characterize.”

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1363/4521013

The entire "Most likely done to save a Woman's life" is just simply false.  I'm not sure where you pulled your research from before telling someone else to "Educate themselves" but this is classic comedy at its best.  
    We_are_accountable
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

• @SkepticalOne

What lies as always! If late term abortions were only done for extreme cases, the Democrat Party would have long passed the GOP Bill limiting abortions to 20 weeks (with extreme case exceptions).

THEY REFUSE TO COMPROMISE so therefore viable babies who are not extreme cases are being aborted and the Democrat Party wants to keep it that way.
  • @Vaulk

Thanks for giving the truth, but it will fall on deaf ears with SkepticalOne.
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    @Vaulk

Although I agree with you that the "likely done to save a Woman's life" is probably inaccurate (the relevant argument is that only 1.3% of all abortions take place after the 21st week, and less than 1% occur after 24 weeks.). I say "probably" inaccurate because of problems with the data in the study you cited...

See, I find it interesting that you would cite a study in 2013 (Foster, Kimport) without a link to the actual study but instead link to the Lozier Insitute, and forget (or maybe you didn't know) to mention that a significant limiting factor of the study is the fact that the authors excluded women who sought abortion for reasons of fetal anomaly or life endangerment, and without commenting on how large of a cohort this represented. And another significant limiting factor of the study is that only 44% of the eligible women participated (eligibility defined as women who obtained an abortion after 20 weeks gestation for reasons other than life endangerment or fetal anomaly), leaving room for significant selection bias... 

The study results also showed that, on average, women who obtained later abortions took twice as long as their first-trimester counterparts to obtain an abortion after discovering they were pregnant.  Among women who received late-term abortions, the average time between pregnancy discovery and obtaining the abortion was over three months (14 weeks).

Demonstrating that useless administrative (and purely political) hurdles creates more late-term abortions...

So I may personally find @SkepticalOne argument of no use ultimately, but I definitely cannot find it invalid... 
    We_are_accountable
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • @Plaffelvohfen

You like bringing up that only one to two percent of abortions are late term. Do you know how many babies make up that perentage? Approximately 1000  or more innocent late term lives are snuffed out each year, and people like you try to excuse it because it is not more?

How many viable lives are too many for you? Most people of humanity would say that one innocent life is one too many!!!!!
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @We_are_accountable

Considering that on average, 342 people die each and every single hour in the US, 1000 is laughably negligible...

But understand that I'm kind of an anti-natalist (I believe that intentional procreation is immoral but not to an uncomfortable level, meaning I don't care if someone else decides to be immoral in that way and reproduce, that's their problem not mine) and also that I completely discard your fallacious appeal to innocence. Humans die, that's what they do, guilt or innocence is irrelevant in that regard.

But my point was not that I want more (how did you even come up with that?), but that those 1000 "late-term" would not be late term at all, without all the unjustified political hurdles...

Making abortion free (or at the very least, affordable for the average woman) and easily accessible in an efficient and timely manner by removing those administrative and political hurdles, would reduce the number of late-term abortion to practically none...

If you really need to blame someone or something for late term abortions, look at who put those hurdles into place...

But my guess is you won't...
    We_are_accountableSkepticalOneZeusAres42
  • @Plaffelvohfen

Wow, I thought I had heard it all from those who support taking innocent life for any reason at any stage.

You just created yet one more excuse for killing viable babies. They had to go through hurdles and could not decide in a mere FIVE MONTHS!

LOL, I wonder how those approximate 900,000 earlier trimester abortions, each year in America, managed to take an innocent life in such a short time frame? You would have thought the Pro abortion extremists would have educated women on how to abort a baby in a more reasonable time frame.

It's those hurdles... THAT'S IT! IT'S THOSE PESKY PROLIFE PEOPLE'S FAULT!

Get real!
    Plaffelvohfen
    @We_are_accountable

In places where those hurdles are present, the average time between pregnancy discovery and actually obtaining the abortion is over three months (14 weeks).

In most places in Canada, the average delay is 2 weeks... There is no out pocket cost (even in private clinics), no time limits so you can theoretically abort at 36 weeks, the fetus has no legal status since 1991 and Canada is the only nation with absolutely no specific legal restrictions on abortion....

Only a few hospitals in my province of Quebec can carry out these abortions, most institutions are not equipped to deal with abortions at the very late stage of a pregnancy, the cost of equipment for those is unjustified by the abysmally low number of these late term occurrences, but under our health-care system, a woman can travel to the United States to have an abortion in her third trimester and we collectively, and gladly cover travel expenses and the cost of the procedure.

Everyone that tried to change that since, has been voted out or was never elected to begin with, for us it has been a settled matter for more than 30 years and it is supported by an overwhelming and still growing majority of people...

We_are_accountable
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    Yet another abortion debate , what do you hope to a achieve with your fanaticism? I think you need medical help , the truly shocking thing is all the “Christians “ on this site are American and to be totally honest unhinged , when you’s finish attacking atheists you turn on yourselves 
    SkepticalOnePlaffelvohfen
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6020 Pts   -  
    When I watch documentaries, I do so to learn something new about things I do not know too much about. For example, recently I watched a movie about the North Korean-funded school in Japan; very fascinating topic most people outside of Japan have never even heard of. Coyote Peterson's videos are great too; very enlightening.

I am not going to take time away from my day to watch a movie on irrelevant topic people talk about all the time. I have heard enough about abortion for a lifetime.

You should go out in the world, buddy. Travel to various places, watch and read something from overseas. You are getting too stuck in a narrow selection of US-focused topics and it starts affecting your perception of reality.
  • SkepticalOneSkepticalOne Gold Premium Member 1638 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    @Vaulk

I've drawn the attention of the great and powerful Vaulk! I am humbled!

The best we can conclude from this study is that we lack sufficient numbers to determine the frequency of later elective abortions. I can accept that. However, this doesn't make my claim necessarily false - it makes it unsubstantiated.  Nonetheless, I will avoid this distraction in the future.

You did not deny "The truth is that most abortions are done with medication". The goal of the OP/video seems to be to equate rare (and controversial) abortion procedures with abortion in general. This unchallenged fact escapes the equivocation and my primary argument stands. 
    PlaffelvohfenWe_are_accountable
    A supreme being is just like a normal being...but with sour cream and black olives.
  • @Plaffelvohfen

Germany once supported killing every Jewish person in their nation! Do I care that Canada has become as barbaric? Just because a majority of people in a nation has been conditioned to accept killing other innocent lives, DOES NOT MAKE IT RIGHT!
    Plaffelvohfen
    @We_are_accountable

:joy:  :joy:  Your pathetic attempt to offend by fallaciously comparing abortion to the holocaust, is hilarious! And doesn't work on me since unlike you, I'm not emotionally incontinent... 

You're laughingly desperate because you have no logical arguments to support your position so all you have left are fallacies... 
    We_are_accountable
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6020 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    @Plaffelvohfen

What? You are saying there are no troops in black marching on the streets of Toronto, singing songs about the great Fuhrer and sending millions Canadian children to concentration camps? The denial is strong here! We all know the truth!
    Plaffelvohfen
    @MayCaesar

Yeah, incredible isn't it?
    MayCaesar