frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is it wise to appoint a homosexual as acting head of the CIA?

Debate Information

President Trump Names Richard Grenell as Acting Head of Intelligence, 20 February 2020. (The New York Times)

America, we have a problem!

With the exception of President Ronald Reagan, there has never been a President that I've respected and supported and had affection for like I do for President Donald Trump. With that said, even though there may be a political strategy in the mix, appointing an avowed homosexual to head-up a strategic agency i.e. the CIA within the United States Government is not a wise decision.

If a man or woman is absent the moral, ethical, discernment-wisdom to differentiate between "natural" physiological sexual behavior and if a man or woman rebelliously rejects God's Covenant of Marriage as the only acceptable form of sexual union, this person is NOT morally, ethically, psychologically, spiritually, fit to provide oversight and strategic leadership involving the lives and destiny of 320-million American men, women and children!

Grenell, a proud homosexual, is touted as a conservative and is endowed with prestigious support from a number of Washington's elite, but it is the naive and dangerously politically correct, America's WOKE immoral misfits, that compromise with the lives and safety of the American people by placing those lives in the hands of one lacking moral and ethical discernment.

PlaffelvohfenAlofRIicedcoffeefansmoothie

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• RickeyD said:With that said, even though there may be a political strategy in the mix, appointing an avowed homosexual to head-up a strategic agency i.e. the CIA within the United States Government is not a wise decision.

If a man or woman is absent the moral, ethical, discernment-wisdom to differentiate between "natural" physiological sexual behavior and if a man or woman rebelliously rejects God's Covenant of Marriage as the only acceptable form of sexual union, this person is NOT morally, ethically, psychologically, spiritually, fit to provide oversight and strategic leadership involving the lives and destiny of 320-million American men, women and children!

Grenell, a proud homosexual, is touted as a conservative and is endowed with prestigious support from a number of Washington's elite, but it is the naive and dangerously politically correct, America's WOKE immoral misfits, that compromise with the lives and safety of the American people by placing those lives in the hands of one lacking moral and ethical discernment.

The CIA is an intelligence gathering entity, and during WWII it was a gay man who broke Hitler's code and saved millions of lives and may have won the war for us. He later committed suicide thanks to homophobes, who are morally inferior to gays, as they put sex above love while moral people put love above sex.

Think with your heart and not with that tiny thing between your legs.

Christians seem to have a problem with what you call moral discernment.

Take Christians, for instance. They idol worship a genocidal and infanticidal moral monster and his homophobic and misogynous religion. m

That is a morally corrupt religion and people. Right?

Or are you unable to discern good morals and ethics?

Regards
    DL
    PlaffelvohfenWe_are_accountableAlofRI
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @GnosticChristian ; Seeing that you lack the ability to discern even the foundational principles of the Gospel and the Scriptures, you are in no position to judge God or the truth that homosexuality and its participants lack wisdom, discernment, truth. Go about your apostate and heretical day, I do not take seriously the ramblings of a fool.

We_are_accountablesmoothieBlastcat
    @GnosticChristian ; Seeing that you lack the ability to discern even the foundational principles of the Gospel and the Scriptures, you are in no position to judge God or the truth that homosexuality and its participants lack wisdom, discernment, truth. Go about your apostate and heretical day, I do not take seriously the ramblings those who honor Satan and disrespect my Lord and His word.

Blastcat
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD Well, Rickey, it looks like you have finally stumbled on Trump's biggest secret...

He isn't actually a Christian. He pretends to be for votes, using the word of god to trick people into thinking he is one of you. He couldn't name a single bible verse, he just dodges the question.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERUngQUCsyE

Tell me those are not the actions of a . As a non-believer myself, I can tell you with full confidence that Donald Trump, is not to be found among true believers.
    PlaffelvohfenWe_are_accountablesmoothie
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6049 Pts   -  
    I am more interested in his qualifications and the ability to do the job, than in who causes him to be aroused. But I realise that some people have weird fetishes that make them have different priorities; such is life!
    PlaffelvohfensmoothieBlastcat
    @MayCaesar ; A man or woman's moral life is the door to their heart and affections and loyalties. I remember the intense and extensive investigations done, the personal, VERY personal background checks, polygraph examinations, done on police applicants in the 1970's...it was a person's moral - sexual - behavior that was most intensely scrutinized as this was the eye to the soul of the man or woman seeking a position mandating the public's trust. If a man or woman lacks the moral integrity to comply with Nature and human physiology and God's Covenant concerning the man and the woman and the Covenant of Marriage...why should I trust this individual with decisions pertaining to ethics, morality, integrity...life and death decisions that will undoubtedly impact the lives of my family? 

Blastcat
  • No if they fail in such a basic area of life their Character is unfit to lead. Common sense.

Jesus Christ is God.
    smoothieBlastcat
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6049 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    I am still waiting for someone to explain what is wrong with being homosexual. So many irrelevant emotional arguments have been used - "It is unnatural", "It is against the Jesus' teachings", "It is not normal" - but nobody has ever explained how being homosexual actually harms anyone.

Back to the dark ages, are we? "X is wrong, because the church says so, and if you disagree, then you must be possessed by a devil!"
    PlaffelvohfensmoothieBlastcat
  • @MayCaesar

In America when a principle is not a United state which creates all men as equal by their creator, homosexuality. It is saying homosexuality is wrong at the minimum of just one thing known and many unknown. Sexual preference does not create all men equal. So, what does this mean for MayCaesar the creator of united state homosexuality must be made equal by a cost and charge. The self-evident cost is harm targeting the homosexual male for assault and abuse as a cost to the male for displaying openly homosexuality character. The second self-evident harm is instigation in an attempt to use the law as a means to create all men equal by their creator, law is not man's creator it is a united state of governing.

This is not saying exile is a response for homosexuality accusation or choice. The first issue would be legal malpractice to witnesses in a public likelihood. All witnesses as a united state.

• RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    @MayCaesar ; Homosexuality defiles and rebels against the Covenant of Marriage as established in the Genesis and reiterated in the Gospels...a Covenant existing ONLY between one-man/one-woman becoming one-flesh for life. This is our Creator's design and anything outside this design is sin and will be judged as same lest the participants repent and turn to Jesus Christ as Mediator for sin. God gave sex as a gift for mankind not only to procreate but to celebrate the union of the man and the woman in the family unit and the protective confines of the Marriage Covenant is given to keep mankind holy and just and pure and sexually healthy, both physiologically and psychologically.

They said, “Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of divorce and send her away.”

5 “It was because your hearts were hard that Moses wrote you this law,” Jesus replied. 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’[a] 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,[b] 8 and the two will become one flesh.’[c] So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

10 When they were in the house again, the disciples asked Jesus about this. 11 He answered, “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. 12 And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery.”  Mark 10:4-12 (NIV)

From a Nature perspective, homosexuality is a violation of natural law...both physiologically and psychologically. The anus was not designed for insertion but expulsion. A man's penis does not belong in the rectum of a another man...this is not only vulgar and nasty, but injurious to the sphincter causing incredible damage. A man's penis does not belong in another man's mouth, this too is nasty, vulgar, disease ridden as is anal sex. These forms of perversion strike at the soul and commonsense, decency, dignity...they mock God's design they are "unnatural" and they are sin.

smoothieBlastcat
  • @GnosticChristian

WOW, what an anti Christian bigot you are! It's truly sickening how people such as yourself can have such hatred against certain people, simply for their faith, while giving Islam a pass, even though that religion creates terrorist groups.

Gay people deserve no affirmative action because of their sexual orientation. Being Gay or straight should not be discussed when a person gets a position in Government or anywhere else. This is the problem I have with all the Political correct LGBT hysteria. A person's private life should be kept private and not used as a political weapon to demonize Christians and Conservatives.

If this man is truly the best for the job, and Trump is not using him to garner Gay votes, then I am ok with it. What I am not ok with is when his identity of being Gay is cheer leaded all over the media. The sexual lives of people should be kept private and never used politically. LGBT propaganda should never be pushed on our impressionable children in public schools.

It's this type of activism from the Left why Christians speak out!
    AlofRIsmoothie
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6049 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

The only things you said that do not relate to all the subjective fluff is the alleged dangers of certain forms of sexual intercourse - but you are wrong even there. First, homosexual people do not have to partake in those forms of sexual intercourse. Second, heterosexual people partake in them all the time with no issues. Now, anal sex is not my cup of tea, and I find it pretty gross - but oral one is done by people all the time, with no harmful effects. I do not know what your sex life is like (based on your prudence, I imagine it is pretty bland), but other people do not seem to have any trouble doing these things with no repercussions.

Not to mention that these acts are done by people consensually and do not affect anyone else. Except maybe for Rickey, who cannot help but peek... We all have our strange hobbies!
    AlofRIsmoothieBlastcat
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    I gave you a "funny" sticker at the top. I wish the owner of this sight would change that to "laughable", because much of what you said is NOT FUNNY. Appointing a man (?), who will only tell you what you want to hear, to THEE most important position in the land, at this time, is NOT FUNNY! It is RECKLESS! It is traitorous, it is dangerous! But, the philanderer right wing Christians adore can do no wrong, according to those who care not about our democracy! One more term, likely without term limits, will kill our democracy, and, believe it or not CHRISTIANITY! Putin allows religion only to keep those believers subdued. If they even TRY to control the country … in their image … as they would like here, they would be crushed! Leaders would "have accidents". I don't believe in Satan, but, if there IS one (or two), YOU are supporting him! (And his likely replacement (in a few years)) is at 666! CLASSIC! Again, NOT funny! :rage:
    We_are_accountable
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD ;
    Do you REALLY think John Trump "will inherit the Kingdom of God??" He has broken EVERY rule (we don't know if he has killed anyone yet, directly), but, you've GOT to be kidding! Is HE the kind of man "God" would want you to follow?? REALLY?? 

I say "directly" above because he HAS been "indirectly", the cause of many unwarranted deaths. On our border, in Turkey and Syria, etc.. A man who depends on "fixers" we often do not know what they have done …. like Al Capone. 

If HE is what Christians …. at least on the RIGHT … think will guide U.S. to the "Kingdom of Heaven" ….. GOD HELP U.S.!
    We_are_accountable
  • @RickeyD ;

I would quote you, but it is not necessary as someone else is putting words, not in your mouth but at your fingers. The covenant of Marriage Is broken by nothing more than any of those who do not honor the vows of marriage. Not taking the vows and calling a union marriage or excepting other vows in its place as a witness makes no difference.

Demanding that the nature of the vows be change in any way as to who is to give them to each other defiles the covenant. Demanding to be a witness or to place witness before those who invite others to witness the vows is a defilement of the covenant.

This one is for you RickeyD, anyone who enter words other than those spoken words for covenant, violate or defiles the covenant of marriage, even in context to the Bible the religious figure who presides over marriage and witness when quoting scripture is giving their personal blessing as their gift to the couple and not add to the covenant of marriage itself.

Now here one you may never believe any man who strikes another man's face with a steel blade defiles the covenant of Marriage. Not all men who take ahead in combat or murder know this covenant breaker.

• @We_are_accountable ;

There can be a problem in having a homosexual or lesbian as head of Central intelligence. Under no Constitutional preservation would it be justified, however, the Executive officer has United States Constitutional right not to be President of that United State. Keep in mind his actions between President and Executive officer can only be united or separated by him, and him alone. There is no reason for an Executive officer to keep a person who states they are homosexual from the head of the Central Intelligence Agency.  
  • @John_C_87

There can be a problem with any person being head of important positions, but the determining factor is his ability and trust worthiness. There is no man alive without sin, and if we based their ability to Govern on a particular sin, no one would make the grade.

I understand what you are saying, and also believe the sin of Homosexuality represents an unnatural disorder, but do not believe he would be incapable of doing a certain job because of it.
    If he could be sexually compromised by foreign Gvernments because of his Homosexuality, then there could be a problem.

There are jobs, such as Boy Scout leaders, where I believe a person's moral character or sexual orientation should be reasons not to hire certain people, mainly because of a disproportionate number of Gay Pedophiles who search out these jobs looking to abuse children. Is it fair to all Gays? No, but all a society can do is protect our children to our best ability. Parents have the right to expect Scout Leaders who are not controversial.

People tried to say Trump should not be President because of his past sins, but as we are witnessing, he is possibly the greatest President we have ever had. I believe Trump's new found Christian faith has a lot to do with the great job he is doing.

Trump might be trying to garner Gay votes in the next election, and is the first time I have not agreed with his choice if it were done for that reason. I want to live in a society that does not lift up unnatural sexual orientations as being normal. I would rather never knowing he was Gay or not.

• @We_are_accountable ;

I am going to rely on the bottom up and some responses may take longer than others. 

Trump might be trying to garner Gay votes in the next election and is the first time I have not agreed with his choice if it were done for that reason. I want to live in a society that does not lift up unnatural sexual orientations as being normal. I would rather never knowing he was Gay or not.

It is a political thing to do, it is a Executive officer thing to do, it is not a Presidential thing to do, there is a disclosure issue here and what was done was a need to know. A need to know does not mean need to be confirmed, does not need to be debriefed, this in relation to homosexual or lesbian affairs. I found your view interesting, the problem is gay homosexuality is not just an admission it is an accusation that is made against a united state of men. A central intelligence might write he is just garnering votes, the vote is a vote, is a vote it has nothing to do with a proper relief of President in a chain of command. It does not stop the executive officer form a Presidential relife of command somewhere else down a line of command.

What did the Central intelligence agent say to the Secret Service agent? 
    Give up?

Its self-evident no one told John Addams United State Constitutional write sounds just like United State Constitutional Right. The things we learn while being there are often things worthy of forgetting. God, life, and Country give is all not liberty at the same time.

• DDAN15DDAN15 16 Pts   -  
    ok but like why does the sexuality matter if they are good at their job then they are good at there job then they are good at their job which means NOT biased so if they made a good decision then they made a good decision
    smoothie
  • @John_C_87

God says many negative things about non believers, about their lack of discernment, lack of wisdom, deceitfulness, self love, etc.
    You and I would always prefer Christian leaders, Christians in positions such as the CIA, etc., because of their moral character and wisdom. But sadly that will not always happen when the electorate becomes a majority of non believers.

As so many of our Churches give into pressure from this Progressive political correctness, for fear of losing attendence, or fear of backlash from activist groups, they are becoming silent on important issues such as abortion, LGBT, divorce, etc. etc.

The slippery slope of this Progressive anti God political correctness is doing great harm to our nation, and this LGBT fixation has everything to do with a people rebelling against God. 

I am not 100% sure Trump is as committed to God as we might hope. It could be that he is a political genius, observing the outcries from Christians and Conservatives for the traditional American values that made this nation so great. The founders of Fox news were also genius in recognizing the thirst from middle America to stop this political correct anti God fanaticism. Fox news is the only TV news channel speaking to Conservative values, speaking to the working middle class, and fighting back against the fake news from the Left.

Trump is the first President in my life time who is actually taking a stand on so many issues important to Christians and Conservatives. He truly believes that our Christian heritage was one of the biggest factors in making America great. He believes in our religious freedoms, the importance of Constitutionalist Justices, and is actually doing smething about it.

Is he a Christian with the wisdom of God, or is he a political genius, grabbing hold to this outcry from the people. Only God truly knows a man's heart, but for myself I believe Trump has become a Christian and is truly doing what he believes to be best for all America.

If he starts pandering to LGBT activist groups for political reasons, I might change my opinion on him.
    smoothie
  • @We_are_accountable ;

I understand what you are saying, and also believe the sin of Homosexuality represents an unnatural disorder, but do not believe he would be incapable of doing a certain job because of it.
    If he could be sexually compromised by foreign Governments because of his Homosexuality, then there could be a problem.

I am not clear you do, the sin of homosexuality is perjury on different levels of law, though the crimes are complicated they are not legal it is crime left pursued by the prejudice of cost.

• Any acts of perjury can be corrected.
  • DDAN15 said:
    ok but like why does the sexuality matter if they are good at their job then they are good at there job then they are good at their job which means NOT biased so if they made a good decision then they made a good decision

It doesn’t matter. There is a legal issue as a united state of perjury and directing that crime at America as director of the C.I.A. This is a Presidential United States Constitutional grievance, not Executive officer grievance. All men are created equal by the act of President by fixing perjury that united them all in the future of law.

How do we break the perjury, it can be broken with a word Binivir as a witness account for a specific legal united state of men. Perjury abolished as marriage is not plagiarized. Would the potential director have an alternative that does not include prejudice on an international level?