frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

#MeToo

Debate Information

What are your thoughts on the #MeToo movement? Let us discuss this further.
  1. Live Poll

Are you in support of the #MeToo movement?

4 votes
    1. Yes
      25.00%
    2. No
      75.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    My opinion is that it is old news and most people have moved on.

I guess that isn't really an opinion though.
    AlofRI
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    I'm not in support of any "Me Too" movement. I AM in support of equal rights and the right of ANYONE to get a respectful investigation of charges … without bias as to gender, race, religion … or none. That's the American way and too often it has been bypassed, conveniently, simply because it's against someone of wealth, power or standing. EQUAL RIGHTS!

Punishment for ABUSING those rights, though, should be somewhat severe.

After the next election it's very possible none of this will matter anyway. VOTE!
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  
    I would support the movement if the people they targeted were not just accused out of the blue with no solid evidence, and in case they do not have evidence, they did not mention the name of the alleged abuser.  "You know, guys, I also was harassed a few times in the past, and I am totally with you" - this kind of claims are fine.

The problem is, they forego the presumption of innocence and burden of proof principles and accuse people with no evidence presented, and the backlash then causes those people to lose education, jobs and contracts. That is no bueno. Due process is important before someone can be considered guilty, yet it is largely ignored by those folks.

That is the problem with all mass movements: they are fundamentally collectivist and end up perverting the original idea and resorting to authoritarian methods in order to gain some political power. I have never been and will never be a part of any mass movement, regardless of whether I agree with its narrative or not, and will always be promoting my own views, regardless of any movements that might or might not hold them.
    BrandyKnightsmoothie