frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Bets on who on this site will die of coronavirus.

Debate Information

Not who you think should die, but who you think will die when coronavirus infects us on DI. 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -  
    I'm gonna bet this one gets taken down pretty quickly!!

Plaffelvohfen
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    You should always be cautious in disease-laden environments, that's why I'm always typing with sanitary gloves when on DI...
    ZeusAres42piloteerxlJ_dolphin_473
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
    @Plaffelvohfen

I think the specific disease you're talking about was here long before coronavirus was. 
    ZeusAres42Plaffelvohfen
    @Plaffelvohfen

I'm sorry to inform you that you have made it onto my short list of the ones I think will no longer be posting with us because of the virus. I'm thinking of setting up betting lines for us all. Lemme know what you think  
    piloteer said:
    @Plaffelvohfen

I think the specific disease you're talking about was here long before coronavirus was. 
    I was purposefully non-specific, I really meant disease-laden, but hey, it's for science so it's ok... As for the bets, what's my payout with the bookies?

@Plaffelvohfen

No amount of money could ever replace you Plaff. That being said, you are kind of a long shot, so if I'm gonna morn, at least...............well, I don't think I want to finish this sentence.  
    Plaffelvohfen
    @piloteer

Well, thanks for the sentiment, but long shots pay off good if they win... I like a dare, so I bet on myself and will donate the winnings cuz I'm a generous guy...  B)

Any contenders yet?
    piloteer
    @Plaffelvohfen

@ZeusAres42 is a sure bet. It's barely even worth the pay out. Why does it always happen to the nice ones? :'(
    Plaffelvohfen
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    Well, statistically speaking, the older the worse off you will be.

So, I'm gonna play the odds.
    Plaffelvohfenpiloteer
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    @Happy_Killbot

If you do "end up on that great debate site in the sky", I could probably win enough to have a debate community named after you here if I bet on you. Don't worry though, I will be the moderator, and I will make sure your ideals are represented to the fullest.  ;)   
  • xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 1712 Pts   -  
    I mean, the death rate for people over 70 is still only 16.4%, so it's very unlikely that anyone here would die of corona virus.
  • RS_masterRS_master 400 Pts   -  
    I do not have any pre existing condition so it is unlikely for me to die.