frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Atheist logic: an attempt to defend the sin of homosexuality...

Debate Information

Atheist logic: In an attempt to defend the sin of homosexuality: “you obviously don't know any gay people that have been in loving monogamous relationships...[you are] just another ignorant hateful bigot."

Christian response to the advocate of homosexuality-lesbianism…

I policed "gay people" in one of the largest LGBTQ communities in the United States on four-different shifts. I am well acquainted with the hopelessness and sin of homosexuality-lesbianism. It matters not the permanence or solidarity of a homosexual relationship; it is a relationship of sin and will be judged by God as a violation of His Covenant of Marriage between one-man and one-woman becoming one-flesh for life.

The homosexual-lesbian possesses the free will to violate Nature and God's plan for their life but unless the homosexual repents of their sins and sincerely trust in Jesus Christ as Lord, they will exist in futility and they will NOT see life in God's Kingdom subsequent to the death of their body in Time!

It is not hateful or bigotry to tell the truth. Truth sounds like hate to those who hate the Truth.

RS_masterZeusAres42DustinPfeiferxlJ_dolphin_473PlaffelvohfenAlofRIOakTownABlastcat

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 1712 Pts   -  
    So just because you saw some gay people commit crimes, all homosexuals are automatically evil?
    Nice job, Rickey...
    Of course, this isn't the whole story. Straight people commit crimes too. You say that gay relationships are "hopeless" and "sinful", but I know this is not the case.
    AlofRIDustinPfeiferOakTownA
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

1 Corinthians 5:9-13
    DustinPfeifer
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    @RickyD

You have a right to your opinion in this country, for the time being, anyway. Just as white supremacists, the Klan, Trumpists and all other kinds of racial, un-American, anti-democracy groups and individuals.

What do YOU do in YOUR bedroom at night?? If you have a right to imagine what a gay person does WE should have the right to imagine what YOU do. I'm having a tough time imagining but, what I come up with is disgusting! Even I wouldn't do that!!                                               

Hey, guys! Let's all think hard about what RickyD is doing in his bedroom tonight! He thinks we're all perverts! Maybe what he calls "Atheist Logic" will become like a sick Christian's prayers …. and he'll get lucky! :sweat_smile:  

OakTownA
    @RickyD

You have a right to your opinion in this country, for the time being, anyway. Just as white supremacists, the Klan, Trumpists and all other kinds of racial, un-American, anti-democracy groups and individuals.

What do YOU do in YOUR bedroom at night?? If you have a right to imagine what a gay person does WE should have the right to imagine what YOU do. I'm having a tough time imagining but, what I come up with is disgusting! Even I wouldn't do that!!                                               

Hey, guys! Let's all think hard about what RickyD is doing in his bedroom tonight! He thinks we're all perverts! Maybe what he calls "Atheist Logic" will become like a sick Christian's prayers …. and he'll get lucky! :sweat_smile:  

@RickyD

Hey, guys! Let's all think hard about what @RickyD is doing in his bedroom tonight! He thinks we're all perverts! Maybe what he calls "Atheist Logic" will become like a sick Christian's prayers …. and he'll get lucky! :sweat_smile:  

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6021 Pts   -  
    My granddad was a Christian, and he died to alcohol poisoning. Drank all the time and became infamous in our little town by his stunts. Was a strong drinker too: could down three 0.5l bottles of vodka straight and still be able to walk - sort of.

I guess Christianity causes people to be alcoholics... Do not ever tell me again that Christianity and alcoholism are unrelated: my anecdotal experience suggests otherwise!

I do not know what community you policed, but its members certainly underpaid their taxes during that period. ;)
    PlaffelvohfenDustinPfeiferAlofRIOakTownABlastcatZeusAres42
  • RS_masterRS_master 400 Pts   -  
    RickeyD said:

Atheist logic: In an attempt to defend the sin of homosexuality: “you obviously don't know any gay people that have been in loving monogamous relationships...[you are] just another ignorant hateful bigot."

Christian response to the advocate of homosexuality-lesbianism…

I policed "gay people" in one of the largest LGBTQ communities in the United States on four-different shifts. I am well acquainted with the hopelessness and sin of homosexuality-lesbianism. It matters not the permanence or solidarity of a homosexual relationship; it is a relationship of sin and will be judged by God as a violation of His Covenant of Marriage between one-man and one-woman becoming one-flesh for life.

The homosexual-lesbian possesses the free will to violate Nature and God's plan for their life but unless the homosexual repents of their sins and sincerely trust in Jesus Christ as Lord, they will exist in futility and they will NOT see life in God's Kingdom subsequent to the death of their body in Time!

It is not hateful or bigotry to tell the truth. Truth sounds like hate to those who hate the Truth.

I believe everyone to be equal. What I find annoying is that you keep on using the same untrustworthy book to guidde you even to treat some people badly. Also, the bible say no sin should be given to anyone. There is even proof from the same book you got your evidence from, proving you are wrong
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2723 Pts   -   edited March 2020
    @RickeyD ignores anyone that disagrees and/or challenges his views. He is only interested in preaching o the choir.
    DustinPfeifer

• MenashiMenashi 17 Pts   -  
    Basically, I'm a very religious person. With that being said, I don't oppose homosexuality. Before you start yelling at me for the remark I just stated above, I'd like to provide you with a logical reason for that. According to religion, God wants us to produce children. And according to non-religious stuff, we need to maintain humanity and to create links with the person we love by producing a baby that have a couples genes. In both cases, as humans, we want to keep our trace. Otherwise, we all would extinct. You may find that funny, but I belive the reason why it is religiously so hated is the fact that there is no win nor gain from it when you don't get to make babies who worship God. Socially, every person deserves to love. That means age, gender, time, race, and nationality has nothing to do with whom you can love and whom you can be with. Thus, we are all, religious or not, expected to give support for this because we all have one thing in common which is a human heart. You can't control whom you love and whom you don't. For that reason, if a man fell in love with another man, it is not wrong. If they are a couple, they are not wrong. Homosexuality is the result of a person being surrounded too much by the same sex that they don't feel comfortable with the other sex, let alone love them and marry them and all that following stuff. Then it grows to the point where they have feelings with the same gender, which is pretty much soemthing psychological and cannot be prevented. In the cases I stated above, it is neither a sin nor wrong to do so like being with the one you love. However, using our reproductive organs to engage in sexual activities with the same gender is what is a sin because you are actually not doing it to get children, but for fun. Let's say you're doing that to express your love. Well, the sin is that you are misusing what God has given you. Love can be expressed in many other ways. What's wrong with kissing, you people?! You don't have to take it that far. This is what I believe and I respect all opinions.
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    The very concept of sin is alien to atheists... We are not concerned with it as we're not concerned with invisible purple magic unicorns...

We are not of your church, and it's laws and dogmas do not apply to us, in the same manner that Chinese laws do not apply to American citizen in the US...

The idea that atheists attempt to defend any sin is laughable... 
    MayCaesarAlofRIOakTownAZeusAres42
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
    I would NOT do some of the things my Christian friends do … or did. It's one of the reasons I am NOT a Christian …. or a Muslim, or even a Jew. I am an atheist. I know when I do something wrong …. I don't have to read it out of a book. I never was perfect, but, I can honestly say I wouldn't do some of the things my Christian friends have done. Admittedly, I have done things I would not do again. It's a shame I can't be forgiven for it, but, that's what I have to live with. I have no "god" to forgive me. I can only be sorry for my mistakes, as with most of you. No "god" can correct my mistakes, or yours. Neither can yours.
  • I’m a Baptist minister, and I do not think homosexuality is a sin. As far as 1 Corinthians goes, the Greek language and GrecoRoman context reveals something interesting. It’s not talking about homosexuality as we understand it today. It’s discussing a violation of cultural norms. Having sex with the woman on top, for instance, was considered “effeminate.”
    OakTownA