frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

When is debate not debate?

Debate Information

Unfortunately this site has now just become a platform for Republican “Christians” to daily post how wonderful and morally superior Republican christians are to everyone else what they hope to achieve with these daily announcements is beyond me , I bet if everyone just agreed “ yes guys you’s are wonderful and thank you for pointing it out “ they would still keep posting up the same boring political broadcasts daily.

I cannot like most listen to it anymore,  it’s boring as Hell and  its no longer debate it’s just party political broadcasting , I bet if I drop by in a months time the very same topics will be getting posted daily to the joy of the very same Republican trolls 
SkepticalOnesmoothieMattGould

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -  
    Trolls just stand on a soapbox and bash every opposing view here now. I predicted something like this would happen to this website. This new wave of political bashing is hardly debate and more just to inflate people's ego. These people post not debates, but propaganda and hatred of people. It is truly disgusting

These people are not civil, just screaming at everybody who disagrees with them. I hoped to enjoy this website to escape that from the real world and enjoy civil debates but I am now left saddened at the troll invasion of this website. I have warned aarong but apparently, he just doesn't care or is just fine with political brigading and trolling on this website.

I don't understand how these guys can do this for months on end? What is there to gain from screaming at a handful of people at a random sector of the internet? There is nothing to prove, just pride and wrath. These people will likely stay until everybody stops responding to their screams. Something I encourage the sane people here to do, stop responding to them. I have already muted the entire religion section because 90% of everything posted in it is trolling/brigading against people who do not agree and hardly any civil debates to be found.

I applaud people who still post civil and fair debates during this time and do not engage with this hatred. The healthy debate environment is on life support but we can try to save it by saying no to this brigading and trolling.
    Happy_KillbotDee
    why so serious?
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited March 2020
    @smoothie

*****I agree totally with what you’ve stated in your post , I’m sick and tired of it as the same old tired nonsense is posted daily as in a permanent party political broadcast which keeps repeating the basic message that Republicans are great because they’re Christians and every one else is an anti American commie who’s going to Hell , we all get the picture but they insist on daily trotting out the boring mantra in the hope of what? Everyone agreeing with them then what?

I warned Aaron 6 weeks ago when the Christian Republican trolls came over from Create Debate a site that years ago was wonderful but is now just basically a Republican publicity site , Debate Island has become a carbon copy , Arron couldn’t care less all he’s interested in is traffic from site trolls or otherwise as his reply to me was the stock “filter those debates out and happy debating “

If you know of somewhere one may get decent and varied debate let me know I’d appreciate it , this place has got boring and pointless so I won’t be contributing anymore 
    Blastcat
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    I really hate it how Christians claim moral superiority despite following a doctrine that is morally bankrupt and completely illogical.

The depth of their delusion and cognitive dissonance is unbelievable, it is as if we are all living in different realities. There is almost never actual debate here, just rants and spewing of the belief by those who can't understand why no one wants to listen to their .

The indoctrination and extremism which they find themselves in they are completely oblivious to, and they will deny any and all information that conflicts with their beliefs, even to the point of rejecting reality and denying objective truth. The whole thing is ludicrous.
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited March 2020
    @Dee

What evidence do you have to support your claims? 

"Unfortunately this site has now just become a platform for Republican “Christians” to daily post how wonderful and morally superior Republican christians are to everyone else what they hope to achieve with these daily announcements is beyond me , I bet if everyone just agreed “ yes guys you’s are wonderful and thank you for pointing it out “ they would still keep posting up the same boring political broadcasts daily."

"I cannot like most listen to it anymore,  it’s boring as Hell and  its no longer debate it’s just party political broadcasting , I bet if I drop by in a months time the very same topics will be getting posted daily to the joy of the very same Republican trolls."
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

***** What evidence do you have to support your claims? 

Wow! You need evidence? My evidence is take a look at the daily debates and they are all one topic as in the Republican worldview or yet another debate regards Christians telling us there is a god for the thousandth time ......

The truly hilarious thing is you as one of the Republican “Christian “ trolls are not even aware of this despite a quick look at the top 10 debates would verify but no doubt you will come back and deny such as usual 
    Blastcat
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Happy_Killbot

Yes I’m in full agreement with you and I’ve had my fill of this place it’s a carbon copy of create debate with the very same trolls who never debate anything meaningful as the only thing that’s of importance is letting everyone know yet again they’re American , Republican and hilariously “Christians “ and everyone else is obviously a hate filled Islam loving commie , it’s boring repetitive that’s been done to death and what their aim is eludes me 
    Blastcat
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    @Dee The problem with this and other similar sites stems from the structure of the site. For those who are actually interested in truth or learning something new, it fails completely.

There is a reason that Reddit comments are so thoughtful and generally helpful, and youTube comments and the whole of twitter are garbage. The way that the sites are designed is of vital importance.

This site is designed for arguments, not actual debate. The long format makes it impossible for their to be plain, understandable conversation. It is a free for all, there is little to nothing to actually make it civil in any way. Anything one person says can be denied, twisted, or basically misunderstood. Of every "fallacy" mark I have received, none of them have been explained. The AI is effectively useless, and admin is doing little to make it actually effective, a complete redesign would serve this site well.
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    A conversation isn't a debate, when any particular debate stance is presented from a bias, unequal, and unfair platform.

The biggest artificial Reference Source on the internet, is the internet.

Because there a plethora of subjects from any Religion, to any form of the Atheists, or Theists reference sources, because of the amounts of individuals websites, exclusively created, to meet those individuals website needs.

The NRA, has a website, the GOP, and the DNC, have websites.

I'm sure that the KKK, maybe has a website, just as I'm sure that the pro gun extremists have a website?

Black Lives Matters, has a website.

The FBI, and the White House, have websites

I'm pretty sure that the pro Abortion crowd has a website?

Just as I'm sure that the pro Life, or Adoption crowd, has a website?

The Marijuana Industry, has a website.

There are two anti Marijuana websites available as well, Parents Opposed to Pot, and the Citizens against the Legalization of Marijuana.

This is the 3rd debate website, that I have been educated on via how some of the various participants debate, depending on what they utilize as their debate platform information sources?

I have experienced some individuals who I guess, debate from the platform of their individual opinions, and perceptions only.

I just chalk that up to personal choices, in how some individually manage their debate platforms, based on their individually specific word choices, or perception choices?

My feeling, based upon debating individuals in person, or through the internet experience, is that some would debate, in person, just as some debate via the internet.

And that's just how it Is.

There is crime and chaos, and war going on globally on this planet, every day.

And some of humanity, plays its debate card's, through all sorts of debate forms.

Adoption verses abortion?

Gun violence verses no gun violence?

Terrorism verses no terrorism.

Legal US citizens verses the illegal immigrants.

The use of Illegal drugs, verses choosing not to utilize drug's, when someone has a family?

Religion verses non Religion.

All of the above are the global debates, that some of humanity, indulges in against others on a daily basis.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Happy_Killbot ;

****  The AI is effectively useless, and admin is doing little to make it actually effective, a complete redesign would serve this site well.

Again you’re spot on , I warned Aaron 6 weeks ago about the politically motivated religious trolls from CD who would ruin this site my warning of course was ignored the admin only cares  about site traffic , the admin on CD was warned two years ago about these vicious trolls and ignored all warnings to his regret (now) as his site in times past was excellent with quality debates.

This place has descended into a propaganda site for Republican Christian nut jobs and I’ve had my fill , if you know anywhere that does decent lively debate let me know with thanks 
    Blastcat
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

I don’t even know what you’re on about as it’s your usual irrelevant gibberish 
    Blastcat
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

How would you define your individual debate technique, or style?

"I don’t even know what you’re on about as it’s your usual irrelevant gibberish."

I'm asking the question, in regards to the theme of this forum?

• smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -  
    HAHA and now there's a troll in this thread as well. I can't say I'm surprised at all.
    Dee
    why so serious?
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -  
    I like to use the bible itself to discredit the claims of Christians who misrepresent their book. It's fun. o:)  
    Dee
  • MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1123 Pts   -  
    The fall started when there were tons of people posting religious debates.  I said a couple months ago that atheism vs theism debates were getting annoying as they the same thing was being debated and that is nearly an impossible topic to debate. People please stop posting the old debates everyone has seen before 200 times.
    smoothieDeeZeusAres42
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6042 Pts   -  
    It is the same thing everywhere. When I lived in Russia, people did not do anything but talk about a set of Russia-related topics: Putin, Ukraine, Crimea, opposition, media, etc. Now I live in the US, and people do not do anything but talk about a set of US-related topics: Trump, Middle-Eastern wars, Republicans, Democrats, gun control in the US, Christianity in the US...

At this point, I firmly believe that politics is an addiction, like watching football, drinking, smoking, video gaming, etc. Media outlets hook people up on a bunch of topics they otherwise would not be able to care less about and get them following everything with such devotion. "Will this presidential candidate be elected or not?! Let us spend 1.5 years following his every speech, every trip, every act!" And dozens millions people spend a total of billions hours just watching a guy speak generic things on camera. Arguing with each other about it passionately. Then they spend 4 years arguing over the performance of that candidate. Then they spend the next decade talking about how that guy ruined everything, or saved the country.

It is a borderline mental illness. Imagine having the same devotion towards virtually anything... Say, chocolate. Would you spend years following Snickers? Talking about the new Snickers leadership, analyzing a Snickers bar under microscope, etc... No, you would just buy Snickers at a gas station and be on your way.
    Then, again, if thousands media outlets spoke about Snickers every day 100 times a day, if there were debates over Snickers, if people voted in dozens millions for Snickers, etc., then that would be a thing.

I have not really followed politics for a couple of years now, aside from getting some basic news and reading more on what I find really important. Did wonders to my psychology! It turns out that not spending hours every week worrying about some dudes in the parliament doing something does not destroy your life instantly; who would have thought.
    smoothieDeeBlastcat
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    smoothieBlastcat
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2758 Pts   -   edited March 2020
    The exact same question could be asked about singing and many other things:
    When is singing not singing? 

When is running not running?

And so on and so on.

To me it's pretty obvious when a debate is not a debate. However, I do accept what is obvious to one may not be so obvious to another.

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

Are you trolling on your own forum?

And to reiterate my stance from before:

@Dee
    How would you define your individual debate technique, or style?

"I don’t even know what you’re on about as it’s your usual irrelevant gibberish."

I'm asking the question, in regards to the theme of this forum?

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @piloteer

@ZeusAres42

@piloteer

@Dee

@MichaelElpers

A conversation isn't a debate, when any particular debate stance is presented from a bias, unequal, and unfair platform.

The biggest artificial Reference Source on the internet, is the internet.

Because there a plethora of subjects from any Religion, to any form of the Atheists, or Theists reference sources, because of the amounts of individuals websites, exclusively created, to meet those individuals website needs.

The NRA, has a website, the GOP, and the DNC, have websites.

I'm sure that the KKK, maybe has a website, just as I'm sure that the pro gun extremists have a website?

Black Lives Matters, has a website.

The FBI, and the White House, have websites

I'm pretty sure that the pro Abortion crowd has a website?

Just as I'm sure that the pro Life, or Adoption crowd, has a website?

The Marijuana Industry, has a website.

There are two anti Marijuana websites available as well, Parents Opposed to Pot, and the Citizens against the Legalization of Marijuana.

This is the 3rd debate website, that I have been educated on via how some of the various participants debate, depending on what they utilize as their debate platform information sources?

I have experienced some individuals who I guess, debate from the platform of their individual opinions, and perceptions only.

I just chalk that up to personal choices, in how some individually manage their debate platforms, based on their individually specific word choices, or perception choices?

My feeling, based upon debating individuals in person, or through the internet experience, is that some would debate, in person, just as some debate via the internet.

And that's just how it Is.

There is crime and chaos, and war going on globally on this planet, every day.

And some of humanity, plays its debate card's, through all sorts of debate forms.

Adoption verses abortion?

Gun violence verses no gun violence?

Terrorism verses no terrorism.

Legal US citizens verses the illegal immigrants.

The use of Illegal drugs, verses choosing not to utilize drug's, when someone has a family?

Religion verses non Religion.

All of the above are the global debates, that some of humanity, indulges in against others on a daily basis. 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

Blastcat
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

1:1
    Blastcat