frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Why does the Left refuse to address the Right's concerns with all this LGBT identity politics?

Debate Information

The Left always try to imply that this LGBT activism has to do with discrimination and equal rights. In the beginning they would have been correct. Not today!

These groups have won their non discrimination laws, etc. but as you noticed they have not stopped their non stop march into our public schools, State's rights, etc. etc.
They have become a powerful politcal movement bent on FORCING us all to embrace their fetishes or unnatural sexual orientations as being natural and normal.

People have the right to disagree with these groups, and we surely have the right to protect our impressionable children from their LGBT indoctrination.

Democrats and those on the Left try to imply that people against this LGBT activism, are trying to prevent their freedoms to change gender, or being who they supposedly are. That is a complete lie and distortion of what we want. 

I have many times clearly stated my concerns. These groups have no right to condition our kids to believe their disorders are something to be accepted as normal. THAT'S OUR CONCERN! NOTHING ELSE!

No group gets to indoctrinate our children to embrace their fetishes as normal. That would be akin to some Jim Jone's cult getting access to our children in schools, and teaching them his fetish is the one true fetish.
No groups, whether religious or LGBT have a right to condition our children in public schools. Those captive children are very impressionable, and parents have a right to protect them from activist groups. 

It matters not if you think these disorders are normal or not. People will never agree on all these controversial issues, AND EXACTLY WHY we must keep them out of our schools! Schools are a place to teach the basics! If you want your child to embrace LGBT agendas, do so at home.

What I want is for our society to teach all children to love one another, without insults or bullying. This means respecting ALL children... no need for identity politics. No need for special mention to LGBT groups. Our children should be taught tolerance for everyone, no special mention of particular politically active groups.

Keep controversial politics out of our schools and family programming. You have no right to push your beliefs onto other's children. You don't want religious indoctrination in public schools, and we do not want LGBT indoctrination in our schools. Try respecting other's beliefs, and stop the arrogance of your way or the highway. The double standards and hypocrisy are unbelievable.
ZeusAres42

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    @We_are_accountable

There are 13 states which have not legalized same sex marriage:

http://worldpopulationreview.com/states/same-sex-marriage-states/

All fetishes are normal, you would have needed to have been raised in a sexually abusive household to not realize that fetishes are all perfectly normal parts of the human experience.

Seriously, what is the point of telling everyone they are inherently dirty and wrong because they have certain desires, unless it has some nefarious purpose like to subjugate them through sexual repression?
    PlaffelvohfenWe_are_accountablesmoothieStoneTTBZeusAres42OakTownA
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6050 Pts   -   edited March 2020
    You have said all these things a few dozen times on this website already. Repeating them once again will not suddenly make your arguments gain straight.

From my personal perspective, your arguments would make more sense if you did not partake in the exact same type of identity politics you are complaining about. You keep dividing people into groups and attacking those groups you dislike, and people who allegedly belong to them. Do not be surprised that others do the same to you, when this is the type of thinking you promote.
    Happy_KillbotPlaffelvohfenWe_are_accountablesmoothieAlofRIStoneTTBZeusAres42OakTownABlastcat
  • We_are_accountableWe_are_accountable 1147 Pts   -  
    @Happy_Killbot

No person on the face of the planet can make such an irrational statement as... ALL FETISHES ARE NORMAL!

Here is the Dictionary's definition of Fetish... a form of sexual desire in which gratification is linked to an abnormal degree to a particular object, item of clothing, part of the body, etc.
    "Victorian men developed fetishes focusing on feet, shoes, and boots"

Did you catch the word "abnormal"?

To say such a thing is like saying all religions are correct, or no religions are correct, or having sex with dead people is normal, or having sex with animals is normal, or that hating Jews is a normal philosophical view, etc. etc.

Any dysfunctional group can declare their particular orientation as normal. SO WHAT? They are wrong! Science teaches us the about sexuality and the natural design of our bodies.

I did not call any particular fetish as being dirty. That is your deceptive rhetoric as always. I said fetishes are an unnatural attraction and the Dictionary agrees with me.

So I guess we should be wasting our children's time teaching about unnatural abnormal fetishes in school? Are you on drugs? Please let me know if you are on drugs, or playing some devil's advocate thing. If you truly believe this stuff, then I have better things to do.
    Are you some insecure person who thinks we are out to get you? Do you actually think the Right wants to come into your bedroom and discover some secret about you?

READ THE ACTUAL WORDS I WRITE, AND STOP READING THINGS INTO THEM!

I do not care how anyone lives their lives, just keep your fetishes to yourself and stop indoctrinating our children to your beliefs. If you can't agree to that simple request, then you are beyond a radical Leftist.
    StoneTTBZeusAres42OakTownA
    @MayCaesar

I have repeated many times, IF LGBT GROUPS START RESPECTING MY RIGHT'S AS A PARENT TO PROTECT MY CHILDREN FROM BEING CONDITIONED TO EMBRACE FETISHES AS BEING NORMAL, THEN YOU WILL NO LONGER HEAR A PEEP OUT OF ME!

I am not attacking any group! I am not dividing any groups! I'm telling the Big Brother activist groups to stop trying to indoctrinate my children!

Do you deliberately spin my words to demonize me? Do you have short term memory loss?

You say I keep repating the same stuff yet here you are suggesting you are STILL ignorant to my positions? I will have to create many more debates about this LGBT hysteria, just so you might FINALLY GET MY POSITION ON THE ISSUE!
    ZeusAres42
    @We_are_accountable If you want to turn this into a semantic game, you are going to lose, because no one wins when semantics are argued.

You assume that "abnormal" refers to the quality of the person, but I could easily point out that it is the subject of the fetish which is abnormal, not the quality of having them.

If you would have just done a google search, you would have found out that 75% of the human population has a fetish, is you don't have a fetish you are abnormal. There is nothing to believe here, it is fact.

No group gets to indoctrinate our children to embrace their fetishes as normal. That would be akin to some Jim Jone's cult getting access to our children in schools, and teaching them his fetish is the one true fetish.
    I did read what you said, you are saying that fetishes are not normal, but they are. You complain about "The left pushing their beliefs on our kids" when what you really want to do is push your own beliefs down on your kids because you are a homophobic bigot.
    AlofRIWe_are_accountableZeusAres42
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6050 Pts   -  
    @We_are_accountable

Your rights... such as what? Such as the right to see on TV only the content you like? Or the right only to have the teachers say the exact same thing to your children you want them to say? Those are no rights, my friend. Those are demands you make of others, and they do not have to comply with them.

I do not spin anything; your position is just that inconsistent. Sometimes you say that you do not have anything against LGBT people, for example, but then you proceed to say that they should always be silent and have no media outlets, while non-LGBT people have them and keep having them. "I do not discriminate against you, as long as I do not encounter you anywhere, otherwise all bets are off" - is that it?
    smoothieSkepticalOneWe_are_accountableZeusAres42OakTownABlastcat
    @Happy_Killbot

I will give you credit for at least controlling your judgemental dislike for those of us who have not fallen in line with the brainwashing of LGBT activists, for a time.

When a person resorts to name calling he has lost the argument. It means I have hit home and you had two choices... to partially agree, or resort to name calling.

The old tried and true homophobic label for anyone who does not deny Biology and embrace the doctrine of LGBT activists.
    ZeusAres42
    @We_are_accountable I have noticed you don't deny the label. I must be on to something when they have no response, and no I reject your disdain for reality and denounce your homophobia.
    We_are_accountableZeusAres42

@MayCaesar

You can continue to distort my position in order to pretend you are correct, but we both know you have nothing to refute my actual words and position.

You try to say I am telling Hollywood what they can show on TV. Most rational people agree we can not show adult subject material on family programming, where kids are watching. But here you are once again distorting my position.

It matters not if you think LGBT topics are ok for kids to see, most parents do not agree with you! Live with it and stop trying to force our children to embrace unnatural sexual orientations. It's a controversial adult subject!

I have never tried to tell teachers what to say. I expect them to be teaching our children the basics!
    That would be YOU trying to force them to talk about LGBT issues! HYPOCRITE!

I told you that Gays can be on any non family oriented prograaming they want. But that is not good enough for arrogant Big brother types. They want to indoctrinate our children with fake Science no matter what parents think. It is truly sickening how little respect you have for other's and how they want to raise their children.
    ZeusAres42OakTownA
    @Happy_Killbot

I will never be a homophobic, but you definitely are a Christianphoic. Your words are insulting and condescending towards Christians. This stems from your insecurity of Christianity because it does not embrace Homosexuality as normal.

I'm glad I can be a Christian without trying to force other's children to embrace my religion as natural and normal. I do not care what other's think and am secure enough not to try and force it on them in their public schools.

IGNORE
    Happy_KillbotZeusAres42
    @We_are_accountable

Try to make me understand how it is possible to simultaneously think that Hollywood cannot not be showing LGBT material to kids, and that Hollywood can be showing them. I thought "can" and "cannot" were mutually exclusive, no?
    If your argument is that they should not be showing them, but, in principle, can, then that is a different matter. But that is not what you have been saying, as far as I can tell by reading your posts.

Regardless, you do not want to see LGBT people doing LGBT stuff on TV, but you are okay with seeing straight people doing straight stuff on TV. How does that align with your "I do not care what sexual orientation you are" claim? It does not. You treat straight people differently from how you treat other people, and that is the essence of identity politics: splitting people into groups based on arbitrary aspects and treating their members differently.

My position is that anyone should be free to show whatever in the world they please, and every viewer is free to switch the channel over if they do not like what they see. That is not a big brother position; yours is. 
    OakTownABlastcat
    @MayCaesar

Newsflash.... heterosexuality is normal and homosexuality is not! PERIOD! We took the Science of Biology and do not deny it!

This is why we believe it is wrong to show two same sex people kissing and getting married on family programming. Kids should be mature enough to understand abnormal situations.  Keep your LGBT indoctrination off family programming.

IGNORE
    ZeusAres42OakTownA
    @We_are_accountable
    Hundreds of thousands of children are abused because by religious persons like yourself. Religion, is abusive to children. When you tell kids that they are inherently sinful and evil and the only way they can be saved is by worshiping an imaginary being, that is child abuse. When you tell your children about god, and the atrocities depicted in the bible, you normalize those atrocities as being "moral", and for children who have an inherent sense of morality, which does not in any way come from religious institutions, that can be psychologically damaging.

You are abusing your children by scaring them with make believe stories about eternal torture. Telling them that homosexuals exist and it is okay to be who they are, is not.

Christianity is dying in the US, because people are realizing that it is a and completely illogical, and prefer reality to institutional delusion. The reality is that if you tell your kids that homosexuals are "unnatural" in blatant contradiction to all evidence, you are a homophobic bigot and unfit as a parent.
    We_are_accountableZeusAres42OakTownA

• smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -  
    @We_are_accountable I see you have found your hot topic to garner the most attention.... announcing your bias against minorities. I can't say I'm surprised coming from you.

Is this negative attention your fetish? I don't think we should normalize this fetish of yours and your broadcasting of it makes me uncomfortable!!! We should hide it from children as well because I said so LEFTIST!!!

You should go outside, have a beer, and make some connections. I'm afraid these hate relationships here are unhealthy for you. Positive relationships in a person's life is the best medicine for trolls.

IGNORE
    why so serious?
    @We_are_accountable

You have not addressed any of the parts in my post. Whether something is normal or not has nothing to do with whether it should be allowed or not, and has nothing to do on whether it is appropriate to show in public or not.

You can ignore logic all you want, but you will keep running into the problem of people calling you out on your logical errors then. It is easier to address the problem and to improve your narrative, but if you want to keep showing to everyone how poorly thought through your position is, you are free to do so as well. That is the beauty of freedom: it does not matter how strange of a thing you are promoting is - you have the right to promote it.

Finally, you taking a high school biology class means nothing. You should be embarrassed of making reference to your high school classes when arguing with professional scientists. It is like saying, "I have been to kindergarten, so I know how relationships work".
    smoothieOakTownAxlJ_dolphin_473Blastcat