frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Atheist logic: “Believing the bible makes you a Christian. Comprehending it makes you an atheist…”

Debate Information

Atheist logic: “Believing the bible makes you a Christian. Comprehending it makes you an atheist…”

Response to the atheist…

That is a lie of the Devil who is the spiritual father of the atheist. I know from experiential relevance that my first read through the New Testament some 27-years ago radically changed my life forever as I was convinced that Jesus Christ-Yeshua is God who died to pay my sin-debt (2 Timothy 2:15; 2 Timothy 3:15).

Discussion…

The reason the atheist does not comprehend the Scriptures is due to a deceived heart that does not desire to believe (Hebrews 11:6) because the atheist is either blinded by their spiritual father, Satan (2 Corinthians 4:4), or they are completely engrossed, obsessed, with their life of sexual perversion, debauchery, narcissism, hedonism, rebellion, that they make them self a dishonest doubter (Ephesians 2:1-10) – or – the atheist has existed and persisted for so long as an enemy of God and an emissary of Satan that the Holy Spirit has given said atheist over to believe “the lie” and internalize a “debased” or “depraved” mind and their journey to spiritual truth and life with God the Father in Eternity is in desperate peril (Romans 1:18-32). The longer the atheist lives in rebellion-rejection to God’s Truth, the more distant is the pathway to life in Eternity by grace through faith in Jesus Christ as Lord as the Holy Spirit’s call upon one’s life grows increasingly faint with each passing day lived in atheistic foolishness (Ephesians 4:17-19).

Conclusion...

The Holy Spirit has clearly articulated the truism that the atheist-nihilist-naturalist-moral relativist is a “fool” – a – “without excuse” (Romans 1:18-32). There is nothing more that need be said about the subject of depravity, self-deception, futility and death that is “atheism.” There is nothing honorable or sustainable about a life lived in atheism – it’s an existence that culminates in death in sin as well as futility and meaninglessness in Eternity (John 8:24; Matthew 16:26)

Truth…

“There are honest doubters and dishonest doubters. An honest doubter is willing to search out the truth and live by the results; a dishonest doubter doesn’t want to know the truth. He can’t find God for the same reason a thief can’t find a policeman.” Adrian Rogers

PlaffelvohfenZeusAres42

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
33%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  
    Or maybe I just have not seen any evidence that angels, talking snakes, fire-breathing dragons or walking corpses exist, hence do not accept these claims. But what do I know, my heart is deceived by this horrible thing called "logic", so, perhaps, I am indeed blinded to the truth... Whatever you say, father Rickey.
    xlJ_dolphin_473PlaffelvohfenSkepticalOneAlofRI
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  

“Believing the bible makes you a Christian.”

It makes you the victim of indoctrination nothing else 

****Comprehending it makes you an atheist…”

If a person was not subjected to the idea of god or gods until say 16 -17 years of age and given a Bible and told to read it well then apart from being bored to death and being reduced to fits of laughter they would conclude it was a book of infantile contradictory nonsense 
    PlaffelvohfenAlofRI
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    Back in the early days of television there was a man named Bishop Sheen. He had a half hour show in prime time. Millions of people, Christians, Catholics, Jews and atheists tuned him in 5 days a week. His message resonated even if you were not a believer because it was common sense …. mixed with a little religion.

A while later, Charlton Heston, a Jew with an amazing voice took probably the worst written book in history and turned it into the greatest story on Earth. Christians, Catholics, Jews and atheists tuned in every week to hear this great story teller … even if they didn't believe.

Move forward a couple of years and George Burns made a couple of movies where he played "God". Christians, Catholics, Jews and atheists  flocked to the theaters and left thinking "There's a God I could believe in." (Even if they didn't believe).

Fast forward to today and we have "Ricky", "Yeshuabought", and others "who_are_accountable", that seem to try to bottle up the same messages those above were selling and pour it down our throats. Many Christians, Catholics, Jews, Muslims and atheists reject the same stories of those mentioned above because of the way they are presented. I enjoyed those above, even though I didn't believe. When I am confronted with the hate of atheists (and often Catholics and Jews and Muslims … and left wing Christians), I find it hard to swallow, and look for a nice piece of sin to munch on! o:)
    SkepticalOnePlaffelvohfen
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  
    @AlofRI

I do not know; to me all these stories have always seemed completely ridiculous. The first more or less serious book I remember reading was a book on aviation for the general audience; I was 6 years old and did not understand most of the things, but the logic of it really appealed to me. There would be things said like:

"Flight conditions change regularly. One of the crucial such conditions is wind that can create a strong force counteracting the work of the engine, slowing down the plane. Because of that, before the flight the pilot receives a forecast on weather conditions and a suggested route to take to minimise the negative effects of the wind. Certain areas have consistently undesirable wind conditions, and commercial flights tend to avoid them, which is why people living in those areas never hear the sound of a plane."

While I could not understand all of it, the logic itself was clear to me. A claim is made, is justified, and, based on it, conclusions are drawn - and all of this perfectly connects to the real world. It does not matter how little you are and how little you know about the world; the logic is obviously there.

No matter how good your presentation is, you cannot get around the fact that religion just does not have a similar logical structure. Logic there is all over the place, and often two mutually contradicting conclusions are reconciled by some random unverifiable attribution, such as, "It is a god's plan and we cannot comprehend it".
    Plaffelvohfen
  • "Atheist logic: “Believing the bible makes you a Christian. Comprehending it makes you an atheist…”

I would just like to add that actually reading the Bible cover to finish also tends to make people an Atheist too.
    AlofRI

• AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    I agree with Izaac Asimov when he said: Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." That doesn't take away from the talents of the above mentioned personages. Bishop Sheen was exceptional at getting the attention of his audience, and getting his points across. Charlton Heston was masterful at selling the Bible story, George Burns was the most lovable "God" ever. Though none of them effected my non-belief, they deserve credit for their non-RickyD, non-Yeshuabought, non-accountable methods of salesmanship. They were great as salesmen selling an invisible product. I wasn't about to buy it, but, none of them shoved a shoe in my door either. 

I do believe some people NEED religion. They are not strong enough to make it without a crutch. I think, in about 50 more years it will be "out of style" and reduced to a few random cults. :-(If we survive Trumpism)!
    ZeusAres42
  • onethinhandle56onethinhandle56 19 Pts   -   edited March 2020