frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Atheism is a lie of hopelessness in nihilism. Prove me wrong?

Debate Information

God the Holy Spirit has clearly articulated that anyone who denies the reality of our Creator is a , a "fool" and "without excuse." The benign and foolish atheist insists that the Scriptures are not evidence of our Creator's reality but they cannot articulate why. Atheism is a fool's religion and an untenable psychosis.

Happy_KillbotPlaffelvohfenJGXdebatePROAlofRIRS_master

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD There you go shifting the burden of proof again...

That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without reason.
    PlaffelvohfenOakTownAZeusAres42
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited March 2020
    @Happy_Killbot ; You are a deceiver and obfuscate much like your father. It's my OP, I'll place the burden where ever I desire...contribute your own OP and state you position.
    PlaffelvohfenAlofRINope
    @RickeyD You know my dad? I'll have to ask him what he thinks about you, think I will call him right now and have a chat if he isn't busy.
    AlofRIOakTownAZeusAres42
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,

• @RickeyD

How do you know "God" said anything? The Bible is undeniably written by humans. 
    PlaffelvohfenAlofRIOakTownA
    A supreme being is just like a normal being...but with sour cream and black olives.
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @SkepticalOne ; Mankind, those anointed and chosen specifically by God to pen His mind and thoughts on parchment simply took what is Spiritual and manifest same into Time for your edification. God the Holy Spirit has provided you with a written Covenant of Grace and no one, nothing, explains origin, meaning, morality, destiny, but the Spirit of God in the Scriptures. You deny same at your own peril. I know this because I possess God's Spirit within me. Prove me wrong.

AlofRI
    @RickeyD I just got off the phone with my dad, he says he has no idea who you are. Did you like meet once at a gas station or gun rally or something?

@Happy_Killbot ; In that case, your dad is just as deceiving and lacking knowledge as you. I have you on ignore...for a reason...this debate is between @SkepticalOne and myself...you will remain on ignore as I have no desire to communicate with you. 
    Plaffelvohfen
    @SkepticalOne; apparently, you need time to gather your thoughts. I have some work that needs to be done before the rain set-in once again. Please don't bomb the page with atheist rhetoric. I will ignore everyone but you...please post a reply and allow me to respond. I'll return later, if the Lord wills.
  • RickeyD said:
    @SkepticalOne ; Mankind, those anointed and chosen specifically by God to pen His mind and thoughts on parchment simply took what is Spiritual and manifest same into Time for your edification. God the Holy Spirit has provided you with a written Covenant of Grace and no one, nothing, explains origin, meaning, morality, destiny, but the Spirit of God in the Scriptures. You deny same at your own peril. I know this because I possess God's Spirit within me. Prove me wrong.

So, you know the humans who authored the books of the Bible were speaking for "God" because the Bible says so? That's circular reasoning, sir. Rationally, you can use the Bible as the claim or the evidence, but not both.
    PlaffelvohfenOakTownA
    A supreme being is just like a normal being...but with sour cream and black olives.
    @RickeyD I told him you were the guy who hates loud motorcycles, and now he says he remembers reading about you online but he didn't remember your name. He wants me to tell you that life without loud motorcycles is meaningless, because what is the point of living if you can't express yourself the way that you want to.
    OakTownA

• JGXdebatePROJGXdebatePRO 408 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD you are attempting (and failing) to prove the existence of god using dusty old god propaganda. It's like advertising: Vote me because I say so! The premises your flimsy debates are constructed on are invalid.
    PlaffelvohfenAlofRIOakTownA
    “The best revenge is not to be like your enemy.” – Marcus Aurelius
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    Robert Persig said: "When one person suffers from a delusion it's called insanity. When MANY suffer from a delusion it's called religion."

@RickD , YOU are only one person. :smirk:
    Plaffelvohfen
    @SkepticalOne No circular reasoning when you personally know the One who Authored the Scriptures (1 John 2:27). I can testify to what I know and I know that God is True, the Spirit does not lie and He lives within me (Numbers 23:19). The Scriptures are the most relevant and unique collection of words ever provided mankind and the Scriptures will endure into Eternity (Matthew 24:35) and they will judge your thoughts and the intent of your heart (Hebrews 4:12-13). You would do well to honor the Scriptures and the Spirit and study before the Age of Grace ends for you and your destiny in Hell is fixed (Hebrews 9:27).

@JGXdebatePRO ; I need not prove the existence of our irrefutable Creator...His preliminary evidence in Nature testifies of His power and dominion and authority over you, your life and your destiny. Only The Fool denies our Lord.

Happy_Killbot
    @AlofRI ; You speak of the delusion of naturalism-atheism...you are blinded by your father and existing without hope as seek death in your sin and death in Hell in Eternity. God the Holy Spirit said of you...

AlofRI
  • RickeyD said:
    @SkepticalOne No circular reasoning when you personally know the One who Authored the Scriptures (1 John 2:27). I can testify to what I know and I know that God is True, the Spirit does not lie and He lives within me (Numbers 23:19). The Scriptures are the most relevant and unique collection of words ever provided mankind and the Scriptures will endure into Eternity (Matthew 24:35) and they will judge your thoughts and the intent of your heart (Hebrews 4:12-13). You would do well to honor the Scriptures and the Spirit and study before the Age of Grace ends for you and your destiny in Hell is fixed (Hebrews 9:27).

Are you saying a deity literally speaks to you?
    @SkepticalOne ; I am saying my Lord lives within me and He moves through unctions, through directives and guidance that you cannot understand. It is my Lord, His Spirit, that is my Teacher, my Counselor, my Wisdom, my Understanding, my Guarantor, the Seal of my relationship with God the Father...it is the Spirit that is my Assurance of salvation, my righteousness (a right standing) with God the Father...you are spiritually dead, living in a complete lack of knowledge in your naturalism...you have confined yourself to an impotent box of futility and you're blind to the things that are beyond your five-senses...you serve darkness without hope as you are trapped in the philosophy of men and the doctrines of demons.  You think yourself wise not knowing that foolishness inundates your entire existence.

Plaffelvohfen
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -   edited March 2020
    @RickeyD

For somebody to be nihilistic, they'd have to deny that there is any possibility of meaning to life. The meaning of my life is to be happy, so there is meaning in it. Nihilism and atheism are not the same. I despise nihilist people more than I dislike people who misrepresent their religion for their own political or moral purposes.  
    Plaffelvohfen
    @piloteer ; Atheism and Nihilism are synonymous - they're blood brothers of the same father, Satan. Happiness is fleeting and depends solely upon "happenings"....this is not life because there is no consistency. It is the foolish and misguided that seeks to live in a fleeting nirvana of happiness because that is NOT possible. Where the atheist fails in their ideological view of "life" and meaning is the truism of "joy" - "peace" - "contentment" that comes ONLY through a relationship with God the Father by grace through faith in the Son, Jesus Christ, thereby endowing the faithful with the indwelling Holy Spirit who is the Author of peace and contentment. Atheism is a ruse for the narcissist - the sexually perverse seeking to satiate the lust of their flesh which is fleeting and culminates in diminished returns...the base-nature of mankind is never satisfied but must be continually consumed in ever-increasing volumes of debauchery and aberrant desire that leads to the death of mind, body and soul. Atheism is the way of self-loathing, self-deception and death. It's a fools ideology.

@piloteer ; Atheism and Nihilism are synonymous - they're blood brothers of the same father, Satan. Happiness is fleeting and depends solely upon "happenings"....this is not life because there is no consistency. It is the foolish and misguided that seeks to live in a fleeting nirvana of happiness because that is NOT possible. Where the atheist fails in their ideological view of "life" and meaning is the truism of "joy" - "peace" - "contentment" that comes ONLY through a relationship with God the Father by grace through faith in the Son, Jesus Christ, thereby endowing the faithful with the indwelling Holy Spirit who is the Author of peace and contentment. Atheism is a ruse for the narcissist - the sexually perverse seeking to satiate the lust of their flesh which is fleeting and culminates in diminished returns...the base-nature of mankind is never satisfied but must be continually consumed in ever-increasing volumes of debauchery and aberrant desire that leads to the death of mind, body and soul. Atheism is the way of self-loathing, self-deception and death.

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @piloteer
    I despise nihilist people
      :'( Now I understand why I ended on your short list...  You wanted me there, it was a trap!!! ;)  
    piloteer
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6021 Pts   -  
    "Anyone who disagrees with me is a and a psychotic; prove me wrong". 

Really? Is this what you came to ask to a debate website? With a passage from an ancient book as the only piece of evidence?
    I think I will pass on this one.
    Happy_KillbotPlaffelvohfenOakTownA
    @MayCaesar ;  You as well are lazy, arrogant, ignorant, blind. You walk around with your chest stuck-out in pride thinking you're intelligent, superior, while not understanding that you're lost, dying in hopelessness because you've allowed yourself to be trapped in naturalism, Darwin's idiocy, a box of futility that ends in death in hopelessness. You can't think outside that box, you can't muster the courage to exit your naturalism and ponder the possibilities of a life that extends far beyond your limited and finite senses. You're a sad and shallow individual who will never reach their potential because you're comfortable in your mediocrity and self-endowed vanity lacking wisdom and courage to seek that which is not before your face.

Plaffelvohfen
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6021 Pts   -   edited March 2020
    @RickeyD

What pride? I just go about my life and enjoy it; I do not care about these subjective characteristics and do not compare people in intelligence. I am also a pretty happy and deep individual, and just because I have not read your book does not suddenly make me all these things you call me.

Who is going about telling people how they are all full of flaws? Look in the mirror, friend, and you will see the exact person you are describing. ;)
    PlaffelvohfenHappy_KillbotAlofRIOakTownA
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6021 Pts   -   edited March 2020
    @RickeyD

What pride? I just go about my life and enjoy it; I do not care about these subjective characteristics and do not compare people in intelligence. I am also a pretty happy and deep individual, and just because I have not read your book does not suddenly make me all these things you call me.

Who is going about telling people how they are full of flaws? Look in the mirror, friend, and you will see the exact person you are describing. ;)
    @MayCaesar ; We're all "flawed." (Romans 3:23) The difference is, you're too arrogant and prideful to acknowledge God and seek His righteousness and healing over your life. It is the reverence and respect for our Lord that brings knowledge and wisdom...it is the fool that rejects God's word and His instruction.

@RickeyD

I can just as well say that you are too arrogant and prideful to acknowledge the absence of god and seek righteousness in yourself and heal your own life. So what?

You do not acknowledge the existence of millions gods from thousands other religions in which, throughout the years, dozens thousands billions people have believed. Yet you are telling others that they are prideful because they do not accept the existence of god from your religion... Any 5 year old child would be able to see the problem here - except those children who have been taught to think about the world based on fantasies and not logic.
    OakTownA
  • SkepticalOneSkepticalOne Gold Premium Member 1638 Pts   -   edited March 2020
    RickeyD said:
    @SkepticalOne ; I am saying my Lord lives within me and He moves through unctions, through directives and guidance that you cannot understand. It is my Lord, His Spirit, that is my Teacher, my Counselor, my Wisdom, my Understanding, my Guarantor, the Seal of my relationship with God the Father...it is the Spirit that is my Assurance of salvation, my righteousness (a right standing) with God the Father...you are spiritually dead, living in a complete lack of knowledge in your naturalism...you have confined yourself to an impotent box of futility and you're blind to the things that are beyond your five-senses...you serve darkness without hope as you are trapped in the philosophy of men and the doctrines of demons.  You think yourself wise not knowing that foolishness inundates your entire existence.

I will take it that a god is not literally talking to you (phew!). 

This means the information you have about god is strictly from the Bible, and as already pointed out: a source cannot be a claim and evidence for the claim. Your argument is flawed.  No rebuttal beyond this is necessary.

Provide objective evidence (ie. something that can be verified by everyone) for the Biblical claims relevant to your argument here and then we can proceed.

Anyone else sees a problem with the narrative, "My view is the only true view in the Universe, and you are all too prideful and close-minded for not accepting it"? Or is it just me?

I think we are dealing with an extreme case of projection here, but I am no psychologist, so will refrain from such a strong claim.
    SkepticalOneOakTownA
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -  
    @piloteer
    I despise nihilist people
      :'( Now I understand why I ended on your short list...  You wanted me there, it was a trap!!! ;)  
    No no no, you misunderstood....wa....wait, I can explain. I thought it went without saying that I didn't mean you. :(   
    Plaffelvohfen
    @MayCaesar ; Has nothing to do with "projection," MayCaesar, but your inability to connect with the reality of a World that consumes you yet one you deny in ignorance. I am here telling you that this life in Time is essentially a preview, a precursor, boot camp training to actual LIFE...that you are in the midst of a horrific cosmic struggle in the Spiritual that is manifesting all around you but you have opted for impotence via the philosophy of men and are a coward and too fearful of what might be and the ramifications of the Truth that inundates you but cannot penetrate your wall of rebellion and lust and complacency. You are to be pitied along the rest of your hoard of atheists that pollute these pages with demonism.

Plaffelvohfen
    @SkepticalOne ; How would you know what I know? You exist in the hopelessness and darkness of man's philosophy and limited knowledge...this is your choice as well as the resultant of structured brainwashing in our secular educational system. You are too limited in scope and thought to endeavor to seek knowledge and the reality of a World that consumes us, surrounds us and is far superior and more tangible than the realm of Time that is constrained by physics and the Curse.

You are existing in impotence and lacking knowledge of Truth that is ONLY possible by humbling yourself and expressing your need for God's love and guidance and wisdom in your life...but you're too proud and in love with the security and futility of the status quo to reach beyond and discover what true life is composed of and why you are constrained by Time and your purpose in this Realm. The Realm of Time is NOT your actual "home."

You are blinded and made impotent by naturalism, Darwin's idiocy, and this is a strategic plan of the one you serve unaware in order that you cannot see and find victory in God's Plan for mankind (2 Corinthians 4:4). There is a struggle manifesting around us, one that is not always visible or apprehended by human senses but your alliance with naturalism has resulted in your blindness and hopelessness in your current condition. I am here as a representative of our Creator to tell you to stop living "the lie" (Romans 1:25) and begin a journey of seeking knowledge and wisdom that is ONLY available through the Holy Spirit...knowledge that is initiated with a sincere and diligent study of the Scriptures. 

• @RickeyD

@SkepticalOne ; How would you know what I know?

I know that you've done nothing but quote the Bible or uttered thoughts derived from the Bible, and that you have implicitly stated a god is not literally talking to you. That strongly suggests your knowledge of god comes from the Bible. Feel free to correct me if I have misunderstood you.

On the other hand, how would you know what I know or believe? The OP is literally you claiming to know the mind of atheists.

I think @MayCaesar may be on to something. #Projection

That being said, you have not fortified the foundation of your argument. This means your accusations against atheists are nothing more than assertions. So, if anyone makes a counter-assertion, your argument is dead in the water. *clears throat*

Atheism is not a lie of hopelessness in nihilism.

Welp, there you have it. We're at an impasse.
    PlaffelvohfenMayCaesarOakTownA
    @SkepticalOne ; My knowledge emanates from a Source that you do not know nor can you as you exist as an enemy of my Lord in servitude to Satan (John 8:44). You hate God's words as Authored by the Spirit of God as they testify against atheistic insanity and foolishness which you unashamedly espouse. You are fighting something that you cannot understand and you are headed to an eternity of hopelessness and futility because you're too proud and arrogant to humble yourself and seek God with your whole heart. Without Jesus Christ as your Lord to mediate your sin, you will exist in sin, die in sin and die the "second death" in Hell (John 8:24; Revelation 20:11-15).

Happy_Killbot
    @RickeyD I would be willing to bet the farm that most atheists and agnostics don't hate the words of the bible, but rather just don't attribute any kind of special meaning or value to it, no more than of any other culture or religious texts from non-Christian religions.

How much would you be willing to wager that you are right to say that atheists hate the word of god?
    SkepticalOneOakTownAZeusAres42

@RickeyD

The best sign of ignorance is the presence of the belief that one is not ignorant. Which seems to be your case: "I know the truth, and everyone who disagrees with me is oblivious to it".

I, for one, understand just how ignorant I am about the world and do not pretend to know some universal truth that eludes most "normal" people. Which is why I do not jump to wild conclusions every time I read a new interesting book. You should try it!
    SkepticalOneOakTownA
    @MayCaesar ; I know what the World does not know; I know what you do not know. I am here to testify of this Truth and warn you that unless you repent of the insanity of atheism, humble yourself before my God and repent of your sin, sincerely believe in your heart and confess with our mouth that Jesus Christ is God who died to pay your sin-debt and that He was resurrected for your justification (Romans 10:9-10), you will not see life in God's Kingdom but you will lose both your body and soul in Hell in futility (Revelation 20:11-15).

Happy_Killbot
    @MayCaesar ; I know what the World does not know; I know what you do not know. I am here to testify of this Truth and warn you that unless you repent of the insanity of atheism, humble yourself before my God and repent of your sin, sincerely believe in your heart and confess with our mouth that Jesus Christ is God who died to pay your sin-debt and that He was resurrected for your justification (Romans 10:9-10), you will not see life in God's Kingdom but you will lose both your body and soul in Hell in futility (Revelation 20:11-15).

Any one else ever get the suspicion that Rickey secretly wants to be a cult leader, but is just to senile to pull it off?

@RickeyD

Nah, I think you are just a guy who read one book he liked and thought, "Now I know everything I need to know". Much like those people who read one short self-help book and start calling themselves self-help gurus.

Go confess with your mouth and other parts of your body to someone you like. ;)
    @MayCaesar @MayCaesar ; Again, you lack knowledge of Truth...you have no idea of what's before you. You exist in darkness...you're empty and seeking emptiness in Eternity. I am telling you the words of life and discovery and Truth but you mock and argue in atheistic insanity and you're too much of coward to step-up and challenge the demonic, petulant, "men," who have pointed you death in Hell. I think you're weak as are most atheists. You reject that which you do not know and have no courage to pursue... this is cowardliness.

PlaffelvohfenHappy_Killbot
    @MayCaesar ; Again, you lack knowledge of Truth...you have no idea of what's before you. You exist in darkness...you're empty and seeking emptiness in Eternity. I am telling you the words of life and discovery and Truth but you mock and argue in atheistic foolishness and you're too weak step-up and challenge the demonic, petulant, "men," who have pointed you death in Hell.

PlaffelvohfenHappy_Killbot
    @MayCaesar ; My dislike for you and your atheism has nothing to do with the Truth that you're arguing against something you do not know or understand.

PlaffelvohfenJGXdebatePRO
  • SkepticalOneSkepticalOne Gold Premium Member 1638 Pts   -   edited March 2020
    @RickeyD

@SkepticalOne ; My knowledge emanates from a Source that you do not know nor can you as you exist as an enemy of my Lord in servitude to Satan (John 8:44

Secret knowledge does not make a sound epistemic basis for an argument. If I were to tell you I *know* you have an undetectable monster in your home and you are in peril because of it, you would question the source of this knowledge. If I then told you it comes from a source you cannot tap into, you would either accept my hearsay (you cannot verify) or dismiss my claim as baseless.

Anyone unwilling to accept all sorts of fantastical claims on equivalent evidence (weak) should choose the latter. 

Happy_KillbotPlaffelvohfenJGXdebatePRO
    @SkepticalOne ; You can know as well but you choose to live in spiritual ignorance because you find peace for your defiled conscience in the hopelessness and nihilism of atheism and "skepticism." The truth-word of life and peace and a new-birth in the Spirit of God are available through a diligent and honest study of the Scriptures but you're too fearful of what you will find there and it's much easier and lazy to remain in blissful ignorance and deny the reality of impending death and judgment. At least you won't die in a complete spiritual lack of knowledge. I have told you that without Jesus Christ as your God to mediate your sin, you will live and die in futility.

Happy_KillbotPlaffelvohfen
    @RickeyD ;

You would be surprised just how little I care about the reasons for your dislike of me. I am starting to think that you are a chat bot at this point, given how all of your comments are essentially the same and even utilise the same set of sentences and memes.

We have been played, guys: we have been talking to a chat bot all this time!
    Happy_KillbotPlaffelvohfen
    @MayCaesar He definitely responds like one most of the time, but there is definitely a real retired cop and fundamentalist named Rickey Holtzclaw who hates loud motorcycles enough to take the organizers of a bike rally to court. If he is actually a chat bot, it is a damned convincing one.

That being said, I am sure that if we got a stock bot and trained it on the data from just what he says, we could make an agent just as convincing and comprehensible as him. It would probably be worth it just to see what Rickey would do when confronted with a computer that stole his words...
    MayCaesarPlaffelvohfenOakTownA

• @RickeyD

You can know as well but you choose to live in spiritual ignorance because 

No. I can not know what you cannot show. I can only believe, and I've seen no good reason to do that.

• MayCaesar said:
    @RickeyD ;

You would be surprised just how little I care about the reasons for your dislike of me. I am starting to think that you are a chat bot at this point, given how all of your comments are essentially the same and even utilise the same set of sentences and memes.

We have been played, guys: we have been talking to a chat bot all this time!
    I get notifications from everyone but Rickey...it all makes sense now. 
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

If atheism is the way of self loathing, then I must be doing something wrong because I cannot get enough of myself. I touched my self twice while writing this post just so you know, and I was starring at a mirror. Moving on now, I think it's worth pointing out that the term "nihilism" means someone is devoid of any purpose or inherent meaning in their life. It does not blanket those who have created their own purpose for themself. Whether you consider that purpose generic, or valid, it is still a purpose. I will make it my duty to not let you live down the fact that you chose to use the word nihilism instead of a more appropriate term.        
    MayCaesarPlaffelvohfenOakTownA