frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Did you save for a rainy day when the economy was going great? Why not?

Debate Information

I am so sick of spoiled irresponsible people living it up, spending every dollar they make as if the rainy day will never come. Then when the virus hits, all these irresponsible people cry to the tax payers for a bail out.
Where is your savings? Why did you refuse to save when things were going so good? Oh, I forget... you wanted the latest cell phone, the wonderful vacations, the nice cars, nice homes, etc. etc.

Now, you act like spoiled children, wanting someone to pay your bills because you live from paycheck to. paycheck. America and most of the world are going bankrupt because of this self love, me me  mentality. So many people expect Government to bail them out of every problem they have. We have unemployment insurance for these very types of situations, but people are in such debt, they can't survive on unemployment.

Look at this as yet one more learning experience. Will you save the next time things are going great? Nah, you never learn. You refuse to save! This is why the Left is so corrupt. They pander to your irresponsibility. They promise you free stuff off the tax payer's back. These good times of Government support will come to an end when our naton can no longer make the minimum payment on those Trillions of debt.

This is why Conservatives are so fed up with this Big Government corruption. We have no problem supporting safety nets for those who can not help themselves, but understand that a nation can not enable able bodied people to constantly live beyond their means. There must be accountability for one's choices in life. STOP BLAMING THE RICH AND START TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR SPOILED LIFESTYLES.

My family, living off an average income, saved for a rainy day, and have no need for Government bailouts. I'm sick of paying for your self created debt.,

Now please spare me all the examples of people who could not save for a rainy day because of health problems, disability, or other situtations. I am not talking about those people. I'm talking to the millions of people living beyond their means when everything is going good. You have no right to live it up when times are good, and then expecting bailouts from your tax paying neighbors. If you refused to save, you are going to have a hard time of it. Try learning something just once in your lives.

My heart goes out to every person being affected by this disease. I do not delight in other's misery. I would love it if people would start speaking out on the importance of saving when things are going good. I would love it if people shamed the irresponsibility of living beyond our means, not by judging individuals, but as a whole.
I would love it if our Government just once tried reducing the debt when things are going good, instead of always growing the debt when bad times come.
AmericanFurryBoyHappy_KillbotPlaffelvohfenAlofRIJosh_Drake

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments