frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Abortion is not always the woman's choice?

Debate Information

I have come to the conclusion that the abortion debate is something I am not very sure of. I do have a position on this but I am unsure of that position and so at present decided to reserve judgment. So, this is something I am very open to being persuaded by if someone can provide me a strong argument that refutes my current stance.

My current position is as follows:

Now, while some may argue there is no specific point of viability there is a general point which usually is deemed after 24 weeks of gestation. Please note here that I am not talking about life when I mention viability. I am referring to the period at which the baby is now developed enough and capable of living outside the womb. Therefore, it is at this stage they can be deemed capable of personhood. It's at this point and beyond where I think abortion needs a very good reason to happen. And I don't see how just saying it's you're body and you should do what you like with it is sufficient enough reason to warrant an abortion at this stage. I do see medical reasons being good enough though.

I'm not of the position that it is never the woman's position; in most cases, I am pro-choice,  but rather that in certain circumstances the choice of action would be better decided by another party.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments