frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

I think Islam is the most misunderstood religion.

Debate Information

Here are a few points - I ask that you please stick to the points as to stay on topic. Religion is a VAST subject. 

The Holy Prophet Muhammad Recognized, as a Great Law-Giver, by US Supreme Court in 1935 - Now think why?

1) It is not a NEW religion from 1400 years ago, it is the same religion that all the prophets of the Abrahamic religions had brought. Ex - Jesus, Moses, Solomon, David etc..
   - This is the view of ALL mainstream Muslims as it is stated in the Quran. 

2) Quran is the only one of all the major religious texts that can claim to be unchanged. I don't make this claim lightly, there is a comprehensive science to Islam. You cannot find a scholar worth their salt that can claim that the Quran has been changed. If they claim so, there are multiple refutations available online. Also, it has been memorized since the time of the prophet and is now memorized word by word letter by letter by millions of Muslims all over the world. 

3) This superficial claim that the Muslims want to bring sharia law to the west is bogus. Firstly, there is no ONE sharia law. There are multiple schools of thought. Secondly, sharia law can only be applied as a condition in the law in a Muslim country, under Muslim rulership. Unless you can find me today an active Islamic state that follows sharia law and is looking to conquer the west, there is no worry. 

4) Jesus from the Islamic perspective is a mighty messenger of Allah. We also believe in his miraculous birth, we also believe that he will return. We love Jesus as a part of our faith. 

Note - I think to be genuine in our research we must go to the correct sources. If I go to an Islamic scholar to learn about the bible, I am wrong. Just as I believe it would be good to try to understand Islam from a Muslim perspective and not that of those who oppose it if you genuinely seek the truth. 

The only people who have certain views about Islam being a terroristic religion are the extremist-terrorist scum and the people that hate Islam. The rest of the 1.5+ billion Muslims disagree. 

Debra AI Prediction

Tie
Predicted
50%
Likely
50%
Unlikely

Details +

For:

0% (0 Points)

Against:

0% (0 Points)