frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Electromagnetic Pulse Or EMP Attacks a New Kind of Threat?

Debate Information

Greetings!

For 1-2 years, we consistently heard the news about EMP attacks or something like China is plotting an EMP attack on the US, and it can melt down the power stations of the United States, and the entire country can face a massive blackout. In the beginning, people were much interested in this topic because they thought it is not related. Still, now it has become a more significant subject because in case of a blackout public is going to suffer the most. It doesn't matter from where do you belong. An EMP attack is a real threat.

I just read this article a few days ago, which tells me that the US Air Force is guarding against the EMP attack but is it enough? Shouldn't countries keep their people prepare for such worst situations? We have witnessed a power outage in Texas recently, and it was a scary situation where even you were not able to get the water. I know it was just because of severe weather but still related to an electric system. In this regard, I found this article about EMP attack survival an exciting piece, and I think we should try to prepare ourselves for such situations. 

At least, we would know the solar panel systems, radio etc., would work in an EMP attack, but I am not sure how to react in a nuclear EMP attack. I would like to know your thoughts and suggestions on this new kind of warfare thing.

Can it also hurt the air traffic or aviation system of a country? 

Let's discuss!

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments