frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

What's the best excuse to get out of Jury Duty?

Debate Information

In my years of being called to Jury duty I heard a few good excuses, what do you think is the best excuse?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• randalrandal 67 Pts   -  
    Your going on vacation.
  • PinoPino 85 Pts   -  
    You have to turn the handle of the mangle for your granny as she broke her arm on 'Pancake Tuesday'.
    agsr
  • natbaronsnatbarons 133 Pts   -  
    @pino , I agree, that may be the craziest.
  • I had to go to the pet site and pick up a dolphin.
    agsr
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    I was in a jury selection where a crime was committed by an African american.  One of the potential jurors basically admitted to being racist And said that he cannot be unbiased.
    melsa
    Live Long and Prosper
  • melsamelsa 1 Pt   -  
    Tell them "I'm a white nationalist."
    whitenationalist
  • whitenationalistwhitenationalist 2 Pts   -  
    Here's one...
    I AM A WHITE NATIONALIST. 
    That gets me out every single time. Good excuse.
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    Telling them your brother, dad, and uncle are cops and you think they get the right guy 98% of the time should work.  OTOH why do you want to get out of it if you don't  have a good reason?  One of the reasons we get idiotic verdicts  like Stella being awarded over a million dollars because she spilled hot coffee on herself is because juries tend to be made up of people from the ranks in society.  People above that tend to use excuses to get out of it.
    WhyTrump
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta, I agree.  Cop story is often effective 
    Live Long and Prosper
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -   edited April 2018
    I know about Jury nullification and I think (name of law criminal is being charged of breaking) is wrong so I will vote not guilty no matter what. I will tell all the other people about Jury nullification and try and convince them the law is as well. So what time do I have to show up at court. : ) 

Works every time. ; )
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    Have sex with the defendant and film it.
  • AmericanFurryBoyAmericanFurryBoy 531 Pts   -  
    Tell them that your going to a party that day. Go into detail on how you will be getting high AF and that you’ll be too stoned to even stand. Works every time. If your in a legal state...
    Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln