frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

What is common Sense?

Debate Information

It's common sense that the sun rises and it sets.
It's common sense that the earth doesn't move.
It's common sense that water is wet.
It's common sense that we see the world through the likes of a camera lens.

All the above are examples of common sense but they are all false! And there are many more examples just like this. Now, I have found that the phrase "it's just common sense" to be overrated. I also find that the more one uses this phrase the more likely they probably don't know what they are talking about. I do believe that some people when they talk about this they are talking about things that require a basic modicum logical reasoning such s knowing how to open most doors requires the use of using a handle for example. And I believe most, if not all people possess this ability but perhaps sometimes are just not thinking for some reason or another like the mind being on other things. Similarly, I believe everyone has some kind of common sense that will lead them to correct conclusions but also false conclusions depending on how much one relies on common sense alone such as in the examples listed above.

There are indeed times when common sense is anything but common but in those cases, it is also indeed the common sense that is flawed.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments