frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Was Trump right to fire Comey?

Debate Information

FBI Director was fired today by Trump. The cause seems to be due to the Russian investigation, email investigation on Hillary Clinton and possibly more factors. This is the second time in the history of the FBI that this happened. Was Trump right to fire Comey?
poretagsrinc4tmanetai
  1. Live Poll

?

10 votes
    1. Yes
      80.00%
    2. No
      20.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• poretporet 13 Pts   -  
    Yes, that was a great move because now he has greater control of the system and investigations as well.
    inc4t
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    Yes it was right to fire Comey, but I can't believe Koskinen is STILL in charge of the IRS.  Trump has to do a lot more to drain the swamp.
    inc4tmanetai
  • inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta, great point.  Good first step, but to your point he should go after IRS next.  Trump should install his own crew there.
    manetai
  • manetaimanetai 29 Pts   -  
    I agree with @cydharta and @inc4t . Good first steps, but maybe he should fire some or propel in order to gain more control for his term and administration.
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    manetai said:
    I agree with @cydharta and @inc4t . Good first steps, but maybe he should fire some or propel in order to gain more control for his term and administration.

The problem is the entrenched bureaucracy goes too deep.  Too many of the people that would replace Comey would be just as bad.
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    I find it ironic that he fired him after all this time, after Comey essentially helped him win the election.  It was also "how" he fired him.  It was done disrespectfully.
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    That was a risky move.  Difficult to say right or wrong without seeing longer term fallout. It creates bad perception in some ways since Comey led investigation against Trump himself (so some may think it was designed to block a more thorough FBI probe). Trump underestimated Dems reaction. He thought they would be more supportive of Comey firing, since Comey played a key role for Hilary not elected.  
    Within Reps party, there is also much controversy.  
    newpresfra
    Live Long and Prosper
  • newpresfranewpresfra 12 Pts   -  
    It was very risky,but worth it for Trump. I just hope it doesn't throw off the Repuvlican agenda. This shouldn't intefere and now may not have been a good time to do that. Although, he Did a good job. He can now have even more control of the government and justice system. Good move.