frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Why people commit mass shootings?

Debate Information

This is a persuasive debate that I am very open to. The reason being is that this isn't really a change my mind debate. Instead, I am going to select the persuade my button for the person that I think has the best argument as to why people commit mass shootings. And someone will definitely get clicked. Note, however, that if I didn't click yours it doesn't mean that I didn't necessarily think you had a strong argument; it could perhaps be that someone else came along that I thought was more persuasive.

Now I do have my own ideas about what perhaps does contribute to mass shootings and what cannot exactly be contributory factors. And you may also be interested to know that I have actually been asked this question elsewhere as part of a research project. And so I thought I would start this debate to get some ideas. I hope you don't mind. :)

Finally, I would like to stress that this is not a debate about if guns should be banned or not in the US. These kinds of arguments will definitely not be marked as persuading as they are a discussion on the original topic. I do get, however, that there may be some incidents where perhaps the subject of banning guns cannot be avoided (although I can't think of any right now, I guess many things are possible), and if that proves to be the case then I will let that go.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments