frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Bamboo or not to bamboo

Debate Information

Bamboo is a beautiful tree and forms a great pricacy screen in the yard.   But, is is also very invasive and can spread like cancer.   If not maintained well,  it can cause expensive property damages and invade neighbors yards.   It was also made illegal in some towns.

What would you do if tou bought a house, and it has a beautiful bamboo planted there?
melef
  1. Live Poll

Do you keep the bamboo?

8 votes
    1. Get rid of it ASAP by a pro, which can cause thousands of dollars
      37.50%
    2. Keep it, but learn how to maintain it so it doesnt spread.
      12.50%
    3. Keep it, and let the bamboo do it's thing. Bamboo for everyone!
      25.00%
    4. Just dig it out yourself, which will most likely cause ot to come back with less force. repeat yearly
      25.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• love2debatelove2debate 186 Pts   -  
    I would start with getting rid of it yourself before it spreads even further. If down the road you learn that you truly cannot contain it, then you may need to spend money for option 1. But I would say it has to go, and also it maybe illegal in some counties.
  • melefmelef 69 Pts   -  
    I would hire a gardener to get rid of the bamboo. It could cost a large sum of money, but it's worth it. Bamboo can spread to neighbors and through your garden as well.
  • SuperSith89SuperSith89 170 Pts   -  
    LET THE BAMBOO GROW.  REVOLUTION.
    agsr
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    Depending on type of bamboo, some cities are actually making it illegal.  I would research that part of it as well and understand liability if it spreads to the neighbors
    Live Long and Prosper
  • love2debatelove2debate 186 Pts   -  
    I vote for no bamboo :)
    it is dangerous and as spreads will cost you even more money
  • CuriousGeorgeCuriousGeorge 109 Pts   -  
    @tocik17, what is the type of bamboo and is it legal where you live?