frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

FBI Confirms It Believes Covid Originated In A Lab. Agree Or No?

Debate Information

FBI Director Christopher Wray has said that the bureau believes Covid-19 "most likely" originated in a "Chinese government-controlled lab".

"The FBI has for quite some time now assessed that the origins of the pandemic are most likely a potential lab incident," he told Fox News.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64806903

12 months ago people making this claim were being called conspiracy nuts. Funny how times change.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• jackjack 447 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: FBI Confirms It Believes Covid Originated In A Lab. Agree Or No?

12 months ago people making this claim were being called conspiracy nuts. Funny how times change.

Hello N:

I didn't CARE whether a bat brought us COVID, or a lab. I still don't.

Of course, I wouldn't think that if I believed the Chinese were attacking us with it.  But, I don't believe such utter nonsense.

excon

ZeusAres42
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2667 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    One of the objections to that on this site in the past was that the clue is in the gnome. 

Now that is all well and said but that doesn't mean much if China was refusing to allow any other country the original sample of the virus.

What's more is that no scientist to this date has been able to say which animal COVID 19 came from. With sars cov 1 they were able to find out in as little as few months.

Further still, the lab was investigated 18 months after the outbreak. Too little, too late!

• anarchist100anarchist100 781 Pts   -  
    I am inclined to be Sceptical about the US's claims regarding an enemy nation, but not dismissive.
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -  
    @anarchist100
    I am inclined to be Sceptical about the US's claims regarding an enemy nation

Pretty wise. 

• @Nomenclature
    I think it is safe to say all biological labs have some form of the coronavirus... post 2019

'Why Is It Called COVID-19?' (webmd.com)
  • @anarchist100
    They are not United States Claims they are political claims made with help from media...
    ZeusAres42
  • bjinthirtybjinthirty 139 Pts   -  
    It doesnt take a genius to figure out whats going on here. The US government knows this, they just dont want to sound like i***s coming on live television making such claims that china intentionally produced it. This woild cause tensions or maybe even be one year into world war 3 by now.

The story goes that there was some kind of mink hunted in the wild brought back to a meat market to sell. The infected rodent was purchased and from there another story of a chinese lab accidentally releasing the virus resulting in the senior scientist dying.

The story is cute and well made. It leads nowhere but the story sounds as legitimate as it gets in situations like these. Covid-19 was most definately produced in a lab and intentionally released. Anyone whonsazs otherwise is wrong.
  • @bjinthirty
    Its a movie plot

• jackjack 447 Pts   -   edited March 2023

Covid-19 was most definately produced in a lab and intentionally released. Anyone whonsazs otherwise is wrong.
    Hello bj:

I'm living in Mexico these days..  A few days ago, I received a text from a good friend..  He told me to AVOID Mexican pharmacies because he heard the cartels were lacing pharmaceuticals with Fentanyl.  

So, I went, huh??  Apparently, the cartel decided to GIVE away a pile of Fentanyl to kill as many people as they can, instead of SELLING it to make as much money as they can..  So, I go huh, again...

Now, we're being asked to believe that the Chinese government HATES America SOOOO much, that they purposefully released the COVID virus to kill as many of their own citizens as they can just as long as the virus kills lots of Americans..

Huh?

excon
  • bjinthirtybjinthirty 139 Pts   -  
    @jack

Hard to prove which is what anyone likely involved if it were true, would possibly do.

The fenranyl surge coming across from Mexico has more to do with the arrest of Chapo Guzman and in retaliation by some of his sons known as los chapitos. These guys are alleged to be responsible for the flood of fentanyl across the border as reraliation for his arrest. To attack America via way of drugs and it succesfully hit. Not so popular Fentanyl is now widely used by users addicted to heroin across the United States.

This is the Sinaloa Cartel and some of its senior leaders were jot okay with it. This is why the Sinaloa Cartel is having battles within and the Jalisco cartel expanding.

Nobody knows but the US government has been sending elite commandos on Mexican soil to attack cartels safefuarding their assets on the ground all without notifying the Mexican government. They do this by making it seem like a rival cartel was responsible. But honestly who can kill 40 men in less than one night without casualties?
  • BarnardotBarnardot 519 Pts   -  
    @Nomenclature ;12 months ago people making this claim were being called conspiracy nuts. Funny how times change.

I didn't no that but I don't go reading about conspiracy claims any way Any way so what any way because any way the covid has to come from some where any way I reckon what happened was that a alien flying sourcer was going to land on the moon but it didn't because no one has ever landed on the moon any way so then it just made it to earth and almost ran out of gas so it flew over the pyramids and got energized then landed in China and when the aliens got out of the flying sourcer no one noticed because all the slops look like aliens any way Any way they sneeked into a lab and got a hole heap of test tubes full of covid then went to the mall where they knock off real wired animals to eat and started throwing all the test tubes at the animals for some reason because it stands to reason any way because how did the animals catch it It must have been like that. And then when they took off again they went the wrong way because they had covid and couldn't think strait so the flew through the Bermuda triangle and came out in the wrong place and ended up in the US just where all these government officials were looking out for ufos and said hay were going to kill a million of you people then spitted at the officials then took off. Any way your got to be reel dum if you cant see that.

@Barnardot
    I didn't no that but I don't go reading about conspiracy claims any way Any way so what any way because any way the covid has to come from some where any way I reckon what happened was that a alien flying sourcer was going to land on the moon but it didn't because no one has ever landed on the moon any way so then it just made it to earth and almost ran out of gas so it flew over the pyramids and got energized then landed in China and when the aliens got out of the flying sourcer no one noticed because all the slops look like aliens any way Any way they sneeked into a lab and got a hole heap of test tubes full of covid then went to the mall where they knock off real wired animals to eat and started throwing all the test tubes at the animals for some reason because it stands to reason any way because how did the animals catch it It must have been like that.

Congratulations on the longest and most illegible sentence ever written.

@Nomenclature ;ongratulations on the longest and most illegible sentence ever written.

My computers run out of periods any way Any way what do you reckon like could that be what really happend?

@Nomenclature ;12 months ago people making this claim were being called conspiracy nuts. Funny how times change.

Well excuse me for asking but who was calling people making this claim conspiracy nuts or did you just make that baloney up.

@Nomenclature So there you go for n other words you made it all up because there was no one who said that people who said that are conspiracy nuts so what you’re doing is making stories about conspiracy s now which is real honest isn’t it
    @Barnardot

First admit that you're a sissy girlie boy who likes taking your pet poodle for long walks in the park and then perhaps we can talk.

@Nomenclature ;First admit that you're a sissy girlie boy who likes taking your pet poodle for long walks in the park and then perhaps we can talk.

Well let me just translate into honest realty language because what your really saying is that you are the real girlie boy because when you loose an argument you make up dum girlie boy excuses to get out of it.

So we just let the fact stand that you were lying again because no body called them conspiracy nuts at all. It just goes to show that you cant teach an old dog about losing its spots can you

@Barnardot
    Well let me just translate into honest realty language because what your really saying is that you are the real girlie boy because when you loose an argument you make up dum girlie boy excuses to get out of it.

Falsehood. Your objection is preposterous and designed only to defame my upstanding character. Indeed sir, it is you who is the real girlie boy, and this matter may be sufficiently evidenced by the shiny pink nail varnish you use to decorate your toenails. You have further been witnessed wearing sandals in the park so that you can show off your pretty toenails to horrified passers-by.

@Nomenclature ; Your objection is preposterous 

No its not its right because I looked it up and there wasn't any one who said that people who said this were conspiracy nuts. And you did not prove it so not only are you wrong but your a again and again, just no stopping an Exstream is who makes things up

• NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    @Barnardot
    just no stopping an Exstream is who makes things up

I'd rather be an Exstream than a Big Fairy Boy Ice Cream.

• @Nomenclature

I admitted to be a big sissy fairy girlie boy...I also admitted I was accused...By young women and some young men who may had reason to raise that question...It does not mean I would abandon to hold their honor at heart...though my own may pay the cost I am at liberty to do so.

• No One, Alicai Keys, Kerry Brothers, DJ Dirty Harry October 9, 2007
    Think she would be mad...
    believing she is sing of whole truth...