frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Did you know that a debate can be 100% substantial?

Debate Information

Debra gave me a 100% for substantial. I would be proud if I cared but...

Okay I am proud. :)

1. Live Poll

Is this possible?

5 votes
    1. Wow
      40.00%
    2. Epic
      40.00%
    3. Hacker
      20.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    Hahaha, killing it today boiiii!!!

BryanMullinsTh1
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    Come on people, flex those stats!

• WilliamSchulzWilliamSchulz 255 Pts   -  
    You aren't a hacker, you are the most wonderful person I have ever met and I hope that you achieve happiness in all of your life goals! (Oh wait, that's considerate)
    A good debate is not judged by bias, but in the context of the debate, where objectivity is key and rationale prevalent. 

BryanMullinsTh1
    A good debate is not judged by bias, but in the context of the debate, where objectivity is key and rationale prevalent. 

LOL, 93% considerate for a couple dots, but in all truthfulness, I think that Debra tests for length in a argument for substantial and the words used have to compare with the way you use them for the way she judges your considerateness. Essentially, if you are laconic, you can be considerate, but as long as you post something meaningful in the phrase, you achieve glory. Congrats though for the 100%!

• It is possible, but only for debaters that have no real intention in real life.
    Not for me though.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    The algorithm is based on levels trained by machine learning.  100% would mean 0% of people would find that comment as unsubstantial.  I don't think it's likely that 100% of people would agree on anything given a large enough sample size.  Since we are only seeing rounded results of Debra, I guess it's possible for Debra to get to 99.51 and show us a 100%.  Congratulations on the 100%, well done @someone234

@WilliamSchulz, as far as 93% for the dots, I can agree with that assessment for Debra.  Most people wouldn't find the dots offensive or toxic.
    Live Long and Prosper
    agsr said:
    The algorithm is based on levels trained by machine learning.  100% would mean 0% of people would find that comment as unsubstantial.  I don't think it's likely that 100% of people would agree on anything given a large enough sample size.  Since we are only seeing rounded results of Debra, I guess it's possible for Debra to get to 99.51 and show us a 100%.  Congratulations on the 100%, well done @someone234

@WilliamSchulz, as far as 93% for the dots, I can agree with that assessment for Debra.  Most people wouldn't find the dots offensive or toxic.
    Great points, but then here is the question. If the % goes down because people may disagree with it, does all debate have to be subject to disagreement? I thought the substantial meant how much you were adding to the debate or taking somebody else's post and expanding on it.

• agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @WilliamSchulz,
    http://www.debateisland.com/debatingtips
    - Considerate: how likely that others will perceive your post as considerate vs toxic (rude, disrespectful, or unreasonable comment

- Substantial : how likely that your post is meaningful vs a short and/or trivial comment 

For substantial -  I understand It's not based on how people would disagree with the content of the debate, but if there is substantial content in the post. I think it's pretty highly correlated with length of the text you write.  

Live Long and Prosper
    That may also be true, but if I spammed yes sir, I wouldn't be any more substantial to the argument. I guess if we add length plus distinctions / added points about an argument, then it will be A. meaningful to the debate and B. long enough to be considered worthwhile to read. 
    agsr