frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Reddit Frugal - Are Frugal people cheap or practical? I say practical

Debate Information

I am on a frugal side, and believe that frugality is generally a good feature as long as not going overboard into the cheapskate land.

I am happy to see that there are over 800k folks that seemingly think that way too on Reddit Frugal.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Frugal

Being Frugal is good.  Jeff Bezos build Amazon on frugality and still operates it that way.  It's always easier to spend money than make money, and getting a good deal shouldn't be frowned upon.  

Looking at Reddit Frugal sub reddit there are many useful tips how to fuel your frugality.  I would say most of them are pretty reasonable and don't cross the line into cheapskate territory.

So, lets debate if being frugal is okay or not.

1. Live Poll

Reddit Frugal - Are Frugal people cheap or practical?

1 vote
    1. Frugal is being cheap
        0.00%
    2. Frugal is being practical
      100.00%
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• CuriousGeorgeCuriousGeorge 109 Pts   -  
    Nothing is wrong with being frugal.  The Reddit Frugal sub is a useful source of ideas for frugality.  I wouldn't spend hours to save a few dollars, but frugality pays off long term.
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    Actually he built Amazon on a high risk high reward mentality. He put all he had into the project. You are guaranteed to be nothing special if you live frugal.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @someone234. Amazon is still known as one of most frugal companies with Bezos leading charge.  Have you read Amazon Way?  Amazon is proud of their frugality and that’s how they can offer great customer experience in a low margin environment.  As one example, instead of using expensive office desks, they use doors to make desks and save money.  
    So high risk/high reward is not mutually exclusive of being frugal
    Live Long and Prosper