frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Debate Website

Debate Information

Debate Website

Does it make sense to debate on a dedicated debate website, or participate on other online channels?

I will argue that using a debate website, especially DebateIsland.com, is the way to go vs other channels.

I really enjoy DebateIsland, but questions often comes up when I tell others about it.
Why can't you just use Reddit, Facebook, or Quora?
Debate website or casual debate website?

These are all valid questions. I will address each question below as part of my argument.

Debate Website vs Reddit

There is already a debate regarding using Reddit politics for debating.  
Consensus is that using Reddit politics sub Reddit is not good for debating.
Similar argument applies to Reddit in general.  While Reddit has lots of traffic, the branches are often distracting and not a good way to vote or see summary without reading all comments. 
It is not as good a debate website for debating on a specific topic.
Unlike debateIsland Reddit often has hateful comments and vulgar language. For many sub Reddits it is over-moderated and for some just the opposite.
Vote: Debate Website

Debate website vs Facebook or Twitter

The main concern for using FB or Twitter is that you lose anonymity. Most people will not feel comfortable including every comment and debate on their Facebook feed.
Debate websites allow you to create a separate profile that's not tied directly to your actual name. 

Debate Website vs Quora

Quora is good for answering a question, but it is not really good for debating a question with a back and forth interaction.

Casual Debate website vs Formal Debate Website

I categorize debate websites such as debate.org, .com as more formal websites. I feel that the audience on those sites in many cases just come to argue, not conduct a meaningful debate.  
There are 2 debates specific to this topics,
 but in general there is consensus towards DebateIsland for casual debating vs formal debate of debate.org

1) Debate.org - Debate if debate.org users should switch to DebateIslandVote: Debate Website

So in summary, my argument is that a debate Website, and preferably a casual debate website is the preferred method for debating online.
aarong
  1. Live Poll

Debate website vs other debate channels

7 votes
    1. Debate website
      85.71%
    2. Other channels are better than a debate website
      14.29%
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    I believe that a casual debate website such as debateisland.com would be the way to go. Also, I think that DebateIsland is the only debate website which is casual. Not many have time for long debates. Simple Debating solutions are much better and faster to use. Also, much more fun.
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @joecavalry , I agree that DebateIsland is the best choice as a debate website.  Simple is good, we learned that with apple dominating the market with their products that are elegant, simplifying user experience.
    That is what Debateisland did for online debates.

Live Long and Prosper
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  

Debate website 

debateisland.com
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    I agree that DebateIsland is the best casual debate website, and the best debate website in general.
    Reddit is not an option for debates, and the other debate websites are too complex and formal.
  • ronertusterronertuster 13 Pts   -  
    A dedicated debate website is the best way. I prefer DebateIsland, due to simplicity.