frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Should premarital sex be outlawed?

Debate Information

I never understood disgusting nations of Sharia Law (yeah I'm Islamophobic, get over it). From their forced fasting during Ramadan to their inhumane treatment if those who engage in extra marital intimacy, nations of Sharia Law never cease to disgust me.

Tell me, why is this worth putting people in prison for? Whether it's gay or not, you still get punished but the gays get punished worse.
MichaelElpers

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• with_all_humilitywith_all_humility 222 Pts   -  
    Yes, premarital sex should be outlawed because it would help prevent VDs.  

Concerning "Sharia Law (yeah I'm Islamophobic, get over it).From their forced fasting during Ramadan to their inhumane treatment if those who engage in extramarital intimacy, nations of Sharia Law never cease to disgust me."
    "Tell me, why is this worth putting people in prison for? Whether it's gay or not, you still get punished but the gays get punished worse."

I'm not an expert on the Islam religion, I've seen a few documentaries.  From my understanding, Sharia is strict enforcement of Kuran.  Not all who practice Isamo practice it Sharia.  I don't know of this to be true, but from some briefings, I've been privy to, if you have sexual relations with a man or "boy" it is not considered a homosexual act.  I'm not a 100% how it works, but if you only prefer men or live with a man then it's condemned and deemed homosexual.   

You can take that a face value, that's second-hand information per say.  If it is not true, anyone, let me know and I'll edit my response. It is not my intent to insult/offend anyone.  
    DrCerealanarchist100AlofRI
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    Yes, premarital sex should be outlawed because it would help prevent VDs.  

Concerning "Sharia Law (yeah I'm Islamophobic, get over it).From their forced fasting during Ramadan to their inhumane treatment if those who engage in extramarital intimacy, nations of Sharia Law never cease to disgust me."
    "Tell me, why is this worth putting people in prison for? Whether it's gay or not, you still get punished but the gays get punished worse."

I'm not an expert on the Islam religion, I've seen a few documentaries.  From my understanding, Sharia is strict enforcement of Kuran.  Not all who practice Isamo practice it Sharia.  I don't know of this to be true, but from some briefings, I've been privy to, if you have sexual relations with a man or "boy" it is not considered a homosexual act.  I'm not a 100% how it works, but if you only prefer men or live with a man then it's condemned and deemed homosexual.   

You can take that a face value, that's second-hand information per say.  If it is not true, anyone, let me know and I'll edit my response. It is not my intent to insult/offend anyone.  
    Oh I intend to offend when it comes to Islam and what it stands for. I have met nice Muslims, they are all bad at Islam and have very little clue of the teachings of their holy scriptures. In other words, the only nice Muslims are 'bad at Islam'.

How does risk of VD justify outlawing it? Why not educate people on protection?
    @someone234

"How does risk of VD justify outlawing it? Why not educate people on protection?"

It's the only thing I could come up with other than it being condemned in the Bible.  
    @someone234

"How does risk of VD justify outlawing it? Why not educate people on protection?"

It's the only thing I could come up with other than it being condemned in the Bible.  
    Thank you for proving exactly the issue with it.
  • BaconToesBaconToes 236 Pts   -   edited May 2018
    I don't see why it is wrong.
    someone234AlofRI
    i fart cows
    @BaconToes read your signature for reference.
    BaconToes
  • MajoMILSdlGMGVMajoMILSdlGMGV 103 Pts   -  
    What about people who don't get married, or get married at a very old age, should they suppress their sexual needs? Sex is part of a person's well being and can actually affect women's body negatively. In what way? When a women turns a certain age (about 21 or 23), if they have not had sex they start to experience excruciating cramps, each time increasing in pain. Obviously there are women that experience painful cramps since they start to menstruate but that is different. 
    @MajoMILSdlGMGV na nuns don't ha e cramps due to not having sex LOLMajoMILSdlGMGV said:
    What about people who don't get married, or get married at a very old age, should they suppress their sexual needs? Sex is part of a person's well being and can actually affect women's body negatively. In what way? When a women turns a certain age (about 21 or 23), if they have not had sex they start to experience excruciating cramps, each time increasing in pain. Obviously there are women that experience painful cramps since they start to menstruate but that is different. 
    T
    @someone234 ; for some women that is the case, I don't know if it applies to every woman, which I doubt it does. And how do you know nuns don't have cramps??
  • FredsnephewFredsnephew 361 Pts   -  
    Marriage.

Premarital sex.

Outlawing.

Religion.

Nuns.

All socio-conceptual nonsense. 

Are not Nuns women. 

And therefore subject to the same physiological discomforts as all women?
    @someone234 ; for some women that is the case, I don't know if it applies to every woman, which I doubt it does. And how do you know nuns don't have cramps??
    Don't make up something like women getting cramps if they don't have sex. They can use vibrators and dildos.
    Marriage.

Premarital sex.

Outlawing.

Religion.

Nuns.

Are not Nuns women. 

Nothing you say explains why premarital sex should be outlawed.
    Marriage.

Premarital sex.

Outlawing.

Religion.

Nuns.

Are not Nuns women. 

It also depends on what law you are talking about. In the US, many states had sodomy laws on the book, who knows perhaps they still do (haven't checked lately).  Either way, it did not stop individuals from practicing such things. 
    It's near, if not impossible to regulate such events that take place in private.  It is only a moral conscience that keeps one from breaking such laws.  
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -   edited April 2018
    @with_all_humility Lack of enforcement justifying not banning something is what gun rights are based on and I'm not saying it has no credibility as an angle. What you don't realise is your angle supports me. Premarital sex is silly to outlaw.
    BaconToes
    @with_all_humility

I know it does, we have no business being involved in the affairs of the bedroom.  Teach what is right and wrong and in the end, the Creator will pass judgment on those who are guilty of wrongdoings.  Where Sharia goes wrong IMO is a) it is brutal, b) men are passing judgment on deity's law and c) there's too much room for abuse.  

So, I agree with you that premarital sex is silly to outlaw.  It's wrong, but not something that should be regulated by man's law.

Just as it is silly to ban weapons because of a few bad actors.  It's a cop-out, heaven forbids we learn to speak up and report the crazy neighbor or pull our heads out of the sand.  

What you fail to realize is I've supported your position all along, other than not condoning premarital sex.  ;) :+1:
    @with_all_humility How did I not realise that?
    with_all_humility
    @someone234 ;

Sexual pleasure is sexual pleasure.

Outlawing is merely a concept.

The innate desire to reproduce cannot actually be outlawed. 

We feel the innate desire to reproduce, no matter what our marital status or sexual orientation may be.

Marriage is merely a concept.

Probably best to forget about Nuns with cramps!
    AlofRI
    @someone234 ;

Sexual pleasure is sexual pleasure.

Outlawing is merely a concept.

The innate desire to reproduce cannot actually be outlawed. 

We feel the innate desire to reproduce, no matter what our marital status or sexual orientation may be.

Marriage is merely a concept.

Probably best to forget about Nuns with cramps!
    Marriage.

Premarital sex.

Outlawing.

Religion.

Nuns.

Are not Nuns women. 

@someone234 ;

You simply asked a question.

And the answer is no. It's not worth the effort.

We would be attempting to suppress a fundamental physiological function.

It would be like attempting to outlaw eating and drinking.

@someone234 okay so I had heard this from a sexed teacher a long time ago and I never really corroborated her information, and although there are studies that show that penetration can definitely help period cramps, there is still not a lot of information on the fact. But I did find a lot of other physical and health benefits of sex and the side effects of abstinence in both men and women. Here it goes:

Studies looking at when people began having sex found that those who started late – mid-20s to early 30s – were more likely to suffer from anxiety that may prevent them from having sex. It's not directly the abstinence that causes health issues, it's the anxiety, depression and stress that it causes.

"So what are the health benefits of sex, besides relieving stress and helping you fall asleep? Studies have shown that regular sex has a protective effect on the heart, lowering the risk of heart attack in men. For both men and women, “It increases blood flow to the genitals and probably helps the immune system,” Herbenick says. “All things being equal, it’s also fun when things are going well [in your relationship.]”

'So abstaining – especially long-term – can carry some physical consequences. In women, it can cause the atrophying of underused vaginal or hip muscles, Lindau says. Vaginismus is a common condition characterized by hypersensitivity of the muscles around the opening of the vagina, she adds. Those muscles – along with the pelvic floor muscles – are important for controlling penetration, and they need to be in a relaxed state during sexual intercourse. If they are hyper-contracted – not necessarily from abstinence itself, but accumulated fear or anticipation of the first sexual experience – sex can be very painful. “They say it feels like he’s hit a wall,” Lindau says, adding that vaginismus can be treated."'

A 2006 study in the medical journal Biological Psychology found that people who were having regular sex had lower levels of blood pressure than those who weren't. 

Psychologists Carl Charnetski and Francis Brennan Jr. conducted a study where they asked patientes who were having sex once or twice a week to provide saliva samples. Those samples contained an extremely high concentration of the common-cold busting antibody immunoglobulin A.

Memory loss and absent mindedness are also one of the side effects of going without sex. Sex boosts the functionality of the hippocampus, which helps with your long-term memory. During sex, new neurons are produced by this area of the brain, which significantly help you with your memory problems, according to at least one study. When the sex stops for an extended period of time, this boost in your memory and cognitive functions disappear.

"Before you start thinking that having daily sex will give you a photographic memory, understand that the hippocampus isn't responsible for your entire memory bank. An article published in Broadly reported on a study in which 78 women were asked to analyze abstract words as well as neutral faces.

The study found that women who had regular sex were able to remember the words better than those who weren't having sex, but neither group was able to remember the faces well because memory of images rely on a different area of the brain. This was only found to occur in women, not men, and can explain why women who just get out of a relationship and aren't having sex can seem a little absent-minded."

Sources: https://health.usnews.com/health-news/health-wellness/articles/2014/07/07/is-abstinence-unhealthy

https://www.health24.com/Sex/Relationships/6-things-that-happen-to-your-body-when-you-dont-have-sex-for-a-while-20171228

http://www.thelist.com/51509/happens-body-stop-sex/

@someone234 okay so I had heard this from a sexed teacher a long time ago and I never really corroborated her information, and although there are studies that show that penetration can definitely help period cramps, there is still not a lot of information on the fact. But I did find a lot of other physical and health benefits of sex and the side effects of abstinence in both men and women. Here it goes:

Studies looking at when people began having sex found that those who started late – mid-20s to early 30s – were more likely to suffer from anxiety that may prevent them from having sex. It's not directly the abstinence that causes health issues, it's the anxiety, depression and stress that it causes.

"So what are the health benefits of sex, besides relieving stress and helping you fall asleep? Studies have shown that regular sex has a protective effect on the heart, lowering the risk of heart attack in men. For both men and women, “It increases blood flow to the genitals and probably helps the immune system,” Herbenick says. “All things being equal, it’s also fun when things are going well [in your relationship.]”

'So abstaining – especially long-term – can carry some physical consequences. In women, it can cause the atrophying of underused vaginal or hip muscles, Lindau says. Vaginismus is a common condition characterized by hypersensitivity of the muscles around the opening of the vagina, she adds. Those muscles – along with the pelvic floor muscles – are important for controlling penetration, and they need to be in a relaxed state during sexual intercourse. If they are hyper-contracted – not necessarily from abstinence itself, but accumulated fear or anticipation of the first sexual experience – sex can be very painful. “They say it feels like he’s hit a wall,” Lindau says, adding that vaginismus can be treated."'

A 2006 study in the medical journal Biological Psychology found that people who were having regular sex had lower levels of blood pressure than those who weren't. 

Psychologists Carl Charnetski and Francis Brennan Jr. conducted a study where they asked patientes who were having sex once or twice a week to provide saliva samples. Those samples contained an extremely high concentration of the common-cold busting antibody immunoglobulin A.

Memory loss and absent mindedness are also one of the side effects of going without sex. Sex boosts the functionality of the hippocampus, which helps with your long-term memory. During sex, new neurons are produced by this area of the brain, which significantly help you with your memory problems, according to at least one study. When the sex stops for an extended period of time, this boost in your memory and cognitive functions disappear.

"Before you start thinking that having daily sex will give you a photographic memory, understand that the hippocampus isn't responsible for your entire memory bank. An article published in Broadly reported on a study in which 78 women were asked to analyze abstract words as well as neutral faces.

The study found that women who had regular sex were able to remember the words better than those who weren't having sex, but neither group was able to remember the faces well because memory of images rely on a different area of the brain. This was only found to occur in women, not men, and can explain why women who just get out of a relationship and aren't having sex can seem a little absent-minded."

Sources: https://health.usnews.com/health-news/health-wellness/articles/2014/07/07/is-abstinence-unhealthy

https://www.health24.com/Sex/Relationships/6-things-that-happen-to-your-body-when-you-dont-have-sex-for-a-while-20171228

I guarantee you that by masturbating the benefits can be had and the psychological and hormonal deficits avoided.

I guarantee you that by masturbating the benefits can be had and the psychological and hormonal deficits avoided.
    W****r.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    In my opinion, the institute of marriage itself is extremely outdated: two people should not need an official acknowledgment of their relationship by the government or the church to love each other and be happy together.

And since marriage should not exist, premarital sex better not be outlawed, as in the absence of marriage all sex would end up being outlawed. No sex - no reproduction. No reproduction - humanity dies, unless science gives us infinite life expectancy before we cease to exist as a species.
    Plaffelvohfen
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  

I would say no.
    Because Christian views should never be forced on anyone.
    Although premarital sex should be avoided to prevent issues:

#1 He said she said - matters of sexual misconduct
    We are seeing in world today more accusations of rape, harassment, misconduct, etc.
    In the opinion of the European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights, “an estimated 83 million to 102 million women (45% to 55% of women) in the European Union  - 28% have experienced sexual harassment since the age of 15.” In the U.S., the figure is 33.6 million.

#2 Parent-less
    You are seeing more and more children being raised with single fathers and mothers.
    This causes mental issues in children, as studies are finding more problems with separated parents.
    More and More abortions and abortion pills being used to prevent unwanted pregnancies.
    This causes mental issues in potential parents.
    A lot of these problems are handled very badly, trash cans, toilets, etc.

#3 Economy
    Welfare, housing, food stamps, there are too many programs that are growing to support single parents, and their children, typically due to premarital sex.

I expect the government will reduce their expenditures on these programs.
    Which will increase Pregnancy mishandling.
    I also expect stronger criminal penalties with the rise of female empowerment.
    I think it will get so bad that men will want the government to document their relationship in order to prevent the suspicion of misconduct.

Nevertheless the jail cell occupancy will increase because of premarital sexual rights people desire.

It is sad because this is with the assumption that sex to men is a desire or want, not a need.

When it has been documented that their desire is more of a need than a want.

https://www.focusonthefamily.com/marriage/sex-and-intimacy/understanding-your-husbands-sexual-needs/sex-is-a-physical-need

https://www.webmd.com/sex/features/sex-drive-how-do-men-women-compare#1