frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

IS humanity getting stupider?

Debate Information

In 2018, I feel that humanity is getting dumber. Trying to debate over politics, or giving your opinion on something warrants the need to be called homophobic, racist, sexist etc. Or just plain denying facts, like how people in 2018, where we have self driving cars, still say the earth's flat. I think this will be fun to see other opinions
  1. Live Poll

Is humanity getting dumber?

13 votes
    1. Yes
      30.77%
    2. No
      69.23%
About Persuade Me

Persuaded Argument

• VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -   edited July 2018
    No Humanity isn't getting dumber. 

Two things are happening that give the appearance that people in general are more stupid today than say fifty years ago.

1.  We are protecting stupid people and helping them to survive in ways that we hadn't even considered in the past.  Think about the kid that everyone knows is dumb, doesn't really have the capacity to become more intelligent than he already is...we all know him, he was the guy who ate things that no one should eat and did things that no one in their right mind would consider doing because they were dangerous.  Now think about the modern marvels of medicine and how they might have helped our dummy friend in somehow surviving childhood and making it to the adult stage.  There's probably quite a debate to be had about changes over the last fifty years but setting aside traditional burdens of proof I think we can all agree in general that you've got an incredibly better chance at surviving as an idiot in today's United States than you did in the 1950s.  In short, we're carrying idiots to full term instead of letting them do the dumb things that used to get them killed.

2. Idiots have a voice today whereas fifty years ago idiots could only realistically affect the people in their neighborhood and in some cases the places where they worked.  So really all you're seeing is social access levels increasing for everyone...including the morons in our country.  You probably weren't affected much by the dummy who lived five blocks from you, but if he were on your TV every night you might start to think there was an epidemic of morons in our Country, multiply that by a couple hundred million and now you're looking at today's America with facebook, twitter, instagram and email.  Why do you see idiots more often than intelligent people you say?  For the same reason that, after a tornado, the television crews only interview the most unintelligent people they can find...it's entertaining and most intelligent people have little desire to be on the local news channel.
    Zombieguy1987searErfisflat

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Polaris95Polaris95 147 Pts   -  
    I'm not sure. There have always been those who have chosen to be ignorant to facts and science. And go back 400 years ago, and people were killed for having differing opinions to the church or kingdom.
  • Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -  
    @Polaris95 yeah, but in today's world, you could wear something from a different country and get hated for it!

https://www.thisisinsider.com/girl-accused-of-cultural-appropriation-traditional-chinese-prom-dress-2018-4

Stuff like this that makes feel like humanity is getting stupider.

While the earth's heating up, and no one seems to care, everyone loses their over a dress

• Polaris95Polaris95 147 Pts   -  
    True. But that's more a problem with how we've really pushed political correctness to the extremes.
    Zombieguy1987Agility_Dude
    But if that continues, then it influence future generations, which then really makes it worse, than it seems like it is today. 
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  
    In 2018, I feel that humanity is getting dumber. Trying to debate over politics, or giving your opinion on something warrants the need to be called homophobic, racist, sexist etc. Or just plain denying facts, like how people in 2018, where we have self driving cars, still say the earth's flat. I think this will be fun to see other opinions
    @Zombieguy1987
    Yes, I believe the general public is definitely getting stupider, especially making comments like this: "Or just plain denying facts, like how people in 2018, where we have self driving cars, still say the earth's flat."

I would like @Erfisflat 's opinion on this too, .. how does 'having self driving cars' prove the earth is not flat? (I assume you believe it's a globe with 8" drop per mile squared, correct?)
    So yes, I believe that in the year after our Lord Jesus's ascension 2018, people have reached the epitome of .
    @Evidence No, I'm giving an example that we've progressed in car technology , yet somehow, someway, even with undeniable proof! People still believe earth looks like
    Image result for flat earth
    @Evidence No, I'm giving an example that we've progressed in car technology , yet somehow, someway, even with undeniable proof! People still believe earth looks like
    Image result for flat earth
    @Zombieguy1987 Well, it's something like that, except for it floating in NASA space.
    So how do you believe the earth really looks like? Like this?

Related image

Thanks.
    Zombieguy1987
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -   edited July 2018
    @evidence, yes, today, even with advanced cameras with 83X ultra zoom, seeing dozens if not hundreds of miles over flat water, with ultra sensitive gyroscopes that can detect even the slightest change in orientation, can believe we are on a wobbly, spinning ball, just because someone showed them a cartoon ball earth. But the age of is ending and the age of awakening is upon us. As people start researching and realizing this is just the dumbest assumption ever, I think the dumb people are slowly dying off, especially when we can give our children alternative views in cosmology before they are too brainwashed from MKUltra, give them plain facts like water is ALWAYS FLAT, and let them make the informed decision on their own!
    EvidenceZombieguy1987
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    I noticed how the OP seems so convinced about his religious balls, but has not contributed to any arguments in the FE debates, only quick to make an entire fallacious debate about the theory.

EvidenceZombieguy1987
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
    Just wondering why he hasnt brought this "undeniable proof" to the current debates. Please, tell why you think the earth is a spinning ball?

@Zombieguy1987

EvidenceZombieguy1987

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    @evidence, yes, today, even with advanced camera with 83X ultra zoom cameras, seeing dozens if not hundreds of miles over flat water, with ultra sensitive gyroscopes that can detect even the slightest change in orientation, can believe we are on a wobbly, spinning ball, just because someone showed them a cartoon ball earth. But the age of is ending and the age of awakening is upon us. As people start researching and realizing this is just the dumbest assumption ever, I think the dumb people are slowly dying off, especially when we can give our children alternative views in cosmology before they are too brainwashed from MKUltra, give them plain facts like water is ALWAYS FLAT, and let them make the informed decision on their own!
    @Erfisflat maybe it's that 'authority thing', people tend to think that; "Hey, why would our government funded NASA that got over a trillion $$$ over the past 60 years lie to us. Look at the pictures of earth, or the pictures of all them NASA satellites in space

Image result for pictures of nasa satellites

.. in comparison to some poor Flat Earthers camera. How much does that "advanced camera with 83X ultra zoom camera" cost, what, maybe $850 that's it, how could we compare that with the trillions of dollars NASA invested in the space exploration?  It has to be true, just look at these photos 

Erfisflat
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  
    Well, let us see... If you gave your honest critical opinion on the government 500 years ago pretty much anywhere in the world, you had a good chance to face immediate execution. Homophobia, racism and sexism were a norm, they were integral structural parts of the society, and NOT being a homophobe, a racist and a sexist could get you in serious legal and social trouble. There are still parts of the world nowadays in which the slightest criticism gets you immediately punished by the government, or lynched by the society.

Regarding facts, there is evidence that Phoenicians over 3000 years ago were aware of the cyclical nature of Earth - and yet even 400 years ago, in spite of easily collectible evidence, the vast majority of people believed it was flat, based on ancient scriptures having nothing to do with observable facts. Nowadays, the flat-earthers are a negligible minority that is laughed at even in primal Amazonian tribes. Where there are some people who nowadays believe that aliens are controlling the Earth, 300 years ago almost everybody in the world believed in the "Zionist world rule". 

Humanity is not getting either smarter or dumber; in my opinion, what humanity is getting is more informed - however, our intelligence curve is still very wide, so many people will not be able to make the best use of the available information. You routinely see people posting claims that can be found false by a few seconds of googling, but those people are a minority - they simply have a world-wide reach nowadays, thanks to the communication technology, hence it is easier for a small group of people to broadcast their views on the whole Earth population. On the other end of the spectrum, we have such people as Hawking (rest in peace), or Witten, or Gates; people having ideas and skills the depth of which would be incomprehensible to anyone simply a few decades ago. The average person has some understanding of the world as a whole, while merely 200 years ago the vast majority of people barely knew what was going on in the 20 mile radius of their barn.

---

I do feel like people are getting more naive, however. At least, in the First World we simply no longer are challenged throughout our lives, and the price of trusting the wrong person, organization or idea is relatively small - so we learn to maintain and to perpetuate our biases, rather than correcting them in order to minimize the losses. Listening to a witch instead of a professional gardener on how to grow crops could mean death to starvation in the Medieval Europe - but nowadays listening to a fake advertiser over a professional doctor usually will merely have you waste some money on a placebo. This could have adverse effects long-term, as we as a society get used to the idea that we are protected from everything, and various groups use our complacency to slowly take away our wealth and our freedoms under the excuse of imaginary justice and security. 
    Evidence
  • searsear 109 Pts   -  

IS humanity getting stupider?

Earth's human population is increasing. Some say there are more humans alive today than have died.
    If the proportion of  dummies remains the same (the IQ bell-curve distribution) then there are more dummies than ever before.

Vaulk (above) nailed it.
    In the 18th century, ladders weren't covered in safety stickers.

Drug War is my pet peeve example.
    In the century of our nation's Founding, we weren't shadowed by the heavy hand of punitive government. No Drug War.
    If you were enough to over-do it on Saturday night, you would suffer the consequences Sunday morning.

But government has replaced our self-control with external bureaucratic dictates. And the latter are rarely as good as the former.
    In that and many other ways, your $tax $dollars have been spent to render common sense substantially less common.
    "The policy of the American government is to leave their citizens free, neither restraining nor aiding them in their pursuits." Thomas Jefferson

• Agility_DudeAgility_Dude 62 Pts   -  
    Is humanity getting stupider? I believe not. I think that humanity has gotten smarter in some ways and dumber in some ways. For example, in the past century we have invented so many things that would have been unthinkable 200 years ago, such as airplanes, nukes, etc. I find that more and more people are gradually thinking more critically about things, at least from what I've seen, but I cannot be sure upon this because I have only experienced the 21st century world. I am still young. As for what we are getting dumber on, I think that the radicalization of the left is the problem. Things that both sides of the political spectrum believed in are now being disagreed upon. The left has really made a huge change recently. Look at what Vox is telling people! I have some extremely bigoted classmates who are huge fans of vox that can't have their viewpoints held to scrutiny whatsoever because if they do, they get destroyed. They don't even want to have debates with people who disagree with them anymore. And Vox, CNN, and other leftist media channels are doing this to kids and adults alike.

So I think that no, people aren't getting stupider, they're just getting smarter in some areas and stupider in others.
    MayCaesar said:
    Well, let us see... If you gave your honest critical opinion on the government 500 years ago pretty much anywhere in the world, you had a good chance to face immediate execution. Homophobia, racism and sexism were a norm, they were integral structural parts of the society, and NOT being a homophobe, a racist and a sexist could get you in serious legal and social trouble. There are still parts of the world nowadays in which the slightest criticism gets you immediately punished by the government, or lynched by the society.

Regarding facts, there is evidence that Phoenicians over 3000 years ago were aware of the cyclical nature of Earth - and yet even 400 years ago, in spite of easily collectible evidence, the vast majority of people believed it was flat, based on ancient scriptures having nothing to do with observable facts. Nowadays, the flat-earthers are a negligible minority that is laughed at even in primal Amazonian tribes. Where there are some people who nowadays believe that aliens are controlling the Earth, 300 years ago almost everybody in the world believed in the "Zionist world rule". 

Humanity is not getting either smarter or dumber; in my opinion, what humanity is getting is more informed - however, our intelligence curve is still very wide, so many people will not be able to make the best use of the available information. You routinely see people posting claims that can be found false by a few seconds of googling, but those people are a minority - they simply have a world-wide reach nowadays, thanks to the communication technology, hence it is easier for a small group of people to broadcast their views on the whole Earth population. On the other end of the spectrum, we have such people as Hawking (rest in peace), or Witten, or Gates; people having ideas and skills the depth of which would be incomprehensible to anyone simply a few decades ago. The average person has some understanding of the world as a whole, while merely 200 years ago the vast majority of people barely knew what was going on in the 20 mile radius of their barn.

---

I do feel like people are getting more naive, however. At least, in the First World we simply no longer are challenged throughout our lives, and the price of trusting the wrong person, organization or idea is relatively small - so we learn to maintain and to perpetuate our biases, rather than correcting them in order to minimize the losses. Listening to a witch instead of a professional gardener on how to grow crops could mean death to starvation in the Medieval Europe - but nowadays listening to a fake advertiser over a professional doctor usually will merely have you waste some money on a placebo. This could have adverse effects long-term, as we as a society get used to the idea that we are protected from everything, and various groups use our complacency to slowly take away our wealth and our freedoms under the excuse of imaginary justice and security. 
    "Regarding facts, there is evidence that Phoenicians over 3000 years ago were aware of the cyclical nature of Earth - and yet even 400 years ago, in spite of easily (refutable) evidence, the vast majority of people believed it was flat, based on ancient scriptures (and) observable facts( that anyone can see by just opening their eyes and looking around). Nowadays, the flat-earthers make up 1/3 of the population, that is laughed at in by ignorant globetards."

There, I fixed it to be more accurate. Flat earthers now, according to polls, represent almost 1/3 of the US and possibly the world's population, so negligible minority is hardly the word for us. The other 2/3 are either misinformed, whereas they haven't researched or even considered the possibility of anything different because of cartoon images from space.

http://www.livescience.com/62220-millennials-flat-earth-belief.html

Seeing as how you seem to have muted me, it's unlikely we'll see any of this "easily collectible evidence",  at least not anything conclusive.

Evidence

Wayne Dyer
    Evidence said:
    Erfisflat said:
    @evidence, yes, today, even with advanced camera with 83X ultra zoom cameras, seeing dozens if not hundreds of miles over flat water, with ultra sensitive gyroscopes that can detect even the slightest change in orientation, can believe we are on a wobbly, spinning ball, just because someone showed them a cartoon ball earth. But the age of is ending and the age of awakening is upon us. As people start researching and realizing this is just the dumbest assumption ever, I think the dumb people are slowly dying off, especially when we can give our children alternative views in cosmology before they are too brainwashed from MKUltra, give them plain facts like water is ALWAYS FLAT, and let them make the informed decision on their own!
    @Erfisflat maybe it's that 'authority thing', people tend to think that; "Hey, why would our government funded NASA that got over a trillion $$$ over the past 60 years lie to us. Look at the pictures of earth, or the pictures of all them NASA satellites in space

.. in comparison to some poor Flat Earthers camera. How much does that "advanced camera with 83X ultra zoom camera" cost, what, maybe $850 that's it, how could we compare that with the trillions of dollars NASA invested in the space exploration?  It has to be true, just look at these photos 

That is just the best computer generated image money can buy. Look at that imaginary curve, so elegant. I'm literally awestruck. Ape humans have come so far with computer technology, where they can fool some of the smartest college indocucated people in the world.
    Evidence

Wayne Dyer
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -   edited July 2018
    Erfisflat said:
    Evidence said:
    Erfisflat said:

That is just the best computer generated image money can buy. Look at that imaginary curve, so elegant. I'm literally awestruck. Ape humans have come so far with computer technology, where they can fool some of the smartest collect indocucated people in the world.
     @Erfisflat hey buddy, .. I was just looking at the bottom of that satellite in the picture and thought: "Now where did I see that before?"
    Then it occurred to me, about 35 years ago I worked on the older CNC machines, and the "tool changer" looked just like the bottom of that satellite, .. with the drills in them! Look:
    Image result for cnc bridgeport tool changer
    Related image all it needs is some aluminum foil box on top of it, two Walmart solar panels glued to the sides, and we have another NASATAN Star Wars anti-missile system satellite.

Like the kids goo with silver sparkles in it and diode magnets used as proof of gravity waves.
    So here is perfect example that humanity is becoming stupider: us accepting such poor cons.

I mean hey, you and I got good imaginations, maybe we can send NASA some really interesting pics of satellites, and even alien ships and get in the $50.00 NASA/Walmart gift cars club!?
    You in?
    lol
    Love you !
    Erfisflat
    Evidence said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Evidence said:
    Erfisflat said:

That is just the best computer generated image money can buy. Look at that imaginary curve, so elegant. I'm literally awestruck. Ape humans have come so far with computer technology, where they can fool some of the smartest collect indocucated people in the world.
     @Erfisflat hey buddy, .. I was just looking at the bottom of that satellite in the picture and thought: "Now where did I see that before?"
    Then it occurred to me, about 35 years ago I worked on the older CNC machines, and the "tool changer" looked just like the bottom of that satellite, .. with the drills in them! Look:
    Image result for cnc bridgeport tool changer
    Related image all it needs is some aluminum foil box on top of it, two Walmart solar panels glued to the sides, and we have another NASATAN Star Wars anti-missile system satellite.

Like the kids goo with silver sparkles in it and diode magnets used as proof of gravity waves.
    So here is perfect example that humanity is becoming stupider: us accepting such poor cons.

I mean hey, you and I got good imaginations, maybe we can send NASA some really interesting pics of satellites, and even alien ships and get in the $50.00 NASA/Walmart gift cars club!?
    You in?
    lol
    Love you !
    Reminds me of this, lol.

Evidence

Wayne Dyer
    @Evidence! Remember the alien deception that is coming? 

Well, it seems that it is just around the corner!

Let's hope we can snap humanity out of the age of in time!

Evidence

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    Evidence said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Evidence said:
    Erfisflat said:

all it needs is some aluminum foil box on top of it, two Walmart solar panels glued to the sides, and we have another NASATAN Star Wars anti-missile system satellite.

You in?
    lol
    Love you !
    Reminds me of this, lol.

LOL, .. made my day, .. 

Ooh, ooh, here is one, "The Christian nebula" 

Image result for christmas tree lights close up photo look like stars       NASA's version    Related image
    :
    Erfisflat
    Erfisflat said:
    @Evidence! Remember the alien deception that is coming? 

Well, it seems that it is just around the corner!

Let's hope we can snap humanity out of the age of in time!

Yes, my friend,  I remember!
    Hopefully our New young debaters here can wake up and pass this info on to family and friends, .. otherwise, their children will have no future, and the so called 5-G network is already up.

Image result for 5G network poles

Once they turn it on, it will destroy all the girls reproductive organs where they will go infertile, and even get cancer.

They are already wiping out entire cities of human beings, mostly blacks. half of them they help relocate with temporary jobs, and the other half are being murdered hundreds of ways! They have been emptying hospitals; Elderly collecting SS-money are murdered after 3-days in the hospital, especially those who don't have immediate family in the city! I was taking nursing (LPN) and seen this in the mid 80's with my own eyes, only I didn't get it yet? When I questioned this that every elderly patient I choose to care for, die in three days! Guess what?
    I was kicked out of class, and even my Teachers fought for me, but TPTB (Powers That Be) overruled them. 

Also diagnosing 1 out of 8 women with breast cancer, and killing them with the so called "treatments".

Image result for one out of eight women are diagnosed with cancer ad Bull Doo-Doo, that last part.

TELL me people if this is not brainwashing? At my wife's work, she said the Breast Cancer Screening vans come to their work, and they instigate and even force the women to go out and take the FREE breast exam. Every time she refuses, they remind her over and over again about the "1 IN 8"
    Same with men's colonoscopy ESPECIALLY 6 months before their retirement where they will be collecting the SS-money!

Same with children, they built Cancer Hospitals for god sake, now how bold is that? Imagine hospitals dedicated in murdering children, giving them radiation and other deadly chemicals till they get cancer and die, yet the parent's are completely unaware of this?
    Children pleading with nurses and even their parents: "Please, .. no more shots, it makes me sick! Please!?!? .." yet no one gives an ear, or even a second thought like: "Hmm, I wonder if they're not killing my precious daughter with the treatment? The doctor was very persuasive in getting her to treatments ASAP!? Hmm??"

Image result for pic of children with cancer this is the B.S. that helps to reassure parents they are there to help!

Image result for pic of children with cancer  and THIS crap!Image result for pic of children with cancer  WHAT Research? More ways to kill them? Is 5-G not enough?

Wake Up People! If you believe the above , you better read what's on the Georgia Guide Stones!
    "Oh, the nurses are just so nice, they even helped us start a cancer fund in my child's name!" Well no kidding, to rob the rest of the family and friends, using sympathy on the evolving brainwashed public.
  • JoesephJoeseph 652 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987

I agree with you , just look at the amount of trolls on here who detest having their lofty opinions challenged and fly into a rage when challenged, unfortunately  the most intellectually challenged individuals I’ve yet come across seem to be American Bible thumpers , it’s tragic

Flat earthers , science deniers as in saying believers in Evolution are “religious “ , climate change deniers etc , etc , the sad list goes on and on with plenty of dummies ready and waiting to believe in nonsense 

EvidenceZombieguy1987
    Joeseph said:
    @Zombieguy1987

I agree with you , just look at the amount of trolls on here who detest having their lofty opinions challenged and fly into a rage when challenged, unfortunately  the most intellectually challenged individuals I’ve yet come across seem to be American Bible thumpers , it’s tragic

Flat earthers , science deniers as in saying believers in Evolution are “religious “ , climate change deniers etc , etc , the sad list goes on and on with plenty of dummies ready and waiting to believe in nonsense 

You  are more than welcome to put your facts where your mouth is, and debate any of the above instead of pretending to be funny.
    Zombieguy1987Evidence

Wayne Dyer
    Zombieguy1987

Wayne Dyer
  • JoesephJoeseph 652 Pts   -   edited July 2018
    @Erfisflat

I'm not "pretending " to be funny , I actually pity science deniers like you who are nearly always religious bible thumpers and tragically American  , why would I debate with somone like you who doesn't know fact from fiction .
    Zombieguy1987
    @Erfisflat

That like most things you say makes no sense , mind you don't step off the edge of the earth will you ?
    I' m worried about you 
    EvidenceZombieguy1987
    Joeseph said:
    @Erfisflat

That like most things you say makes no sense , mind you don't step off the edge of the earth will you ?
    I' m worried about you 
    See, this shows the ignorance). This is a strawman fallacy. Why should there necessarily be an edge? What of an infinite plane? If your mind can fathom an infinite vacuum, why not an infinite plane? What if were surrounded by the edge, directly south, in every direction, but we're not allowed to go? How does the absence of an unknown axiom (the edge) automatically eliminate any possibilty? Does it disqualify the empirical evidence that water is always flat?

Here is our edge.

EvidenceZombieguy1987

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat

Hilarious and I give you full marks for pretty good trolling skills . Tell me if the earth is indeed flat and so many of you “ rationalists “ believe this maybe you wouldn’t mind sharing some images of how a lunar eclipse would look like if the Earth were flat ?
    Zombieguy1987
    Joeseph said:
    @Erfisflat

Hilarious and I give you full marks for pretty good trolling skills . Tell me if the earth is indeed flat and so many of you “ rationalists “ believe this maybe you wouldn’t mind sharing some images of how a lunar eclipse would look like if the Earth were flat ?

Joeseph said:
    @Erfisflat

I' m worried about you 
    See, this shows the ignorance). This is yet another strawman fallacy. It would look exactly the same. Looking at an object always in the sky proves nothing about the ground on your feet. This is nothing but an assumption (the earth causes the eclipse) based on another assumption (the earth is a sphere). Im all good with making an assumption to form a hypothesis, but eventually you must prove the assumption. What of selenions, where the sun and moon were both above the horizon, well out of reach of the earths interception, and a full eclipse occurs! On these occasiins, we also see that the shadow comes from the opposite direction, had the shadow been caused by the earth below.

We can makr up ad hoc excuses to try and explain this impossible feat of the heliocentric model, but this is not scientific, especially when there is so much evidence to the contrary.
    Evidence

Wayne Dyer
    Joeseph said:
    @Erfisflat

These are the only reasons you think you live on a ball? Surely you are joking.
    Evidence

Wayne Dyer

Absolute nonsense , tell you what point me in the direction of the peer reviewed papers you and your flat earthers have too your credit 

Bet you haven't got any between you's , whys that do you think ? 
    ErfisflatEvidenceZombieguy1987
    @Erfisflat
    Are you also a fully paid up member of the hollow earth society ?

Tell me is Mars also flat ? 

Joeseph said:

Absolute nonsense , tell you what point me in the direction of the peer reviewed papers you and your flat earthers have too your credit 

Bet you haven't got any between you's , whys that do you think ? 
    Peer review paper is a joke. We don't need someone else to tell us what to think. That is what is absolute nonsense. Try using the good ole' scientific method.Joeseph said:
    @Erfisflat
    Are you also a fully paid up member of the hollow earth society ?

If i were paying for a membership to hollow earth, that would mean I thought the earth was a (hollow) sphere... Water is flat in every measurable circumstance, not convex or concave, all tests show. 

And who cares about mars? Why would you compare a red light in the sky with flat water? You really don't have a valid argument at all, do you? Absolutely ridiculous. Scurry back to your peer review and calling us until you have a good reason to tell me why you think you live on a flying pear-ball.
    Zombieguy1987

Wayne Dyer
    @Joeseph it amuses me that you have now dropped two points and your arguments have been reduced to "but, but, muh peer review" and "look at mars!"
    EvidenceZombieguy1987

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat

You say .....Peer review paper is a joke.......

My reply .....Genuine scientists don’t share your views although pseudoscientists do isn’t that amusing ? 

You say ....We don't need someone else to tell us what to think......

My reply .... You actually do as you are not very good at thinking really 

You say ...That is what is absolute nonsense. 

My reply..... This from a fact denier is beyond hilarious 

You say .....Try using the good ole' scientific method.....

My reply ..... That’s why your side has all them peer reviewed papers isn’t it ? Oh no , wait ......

I asked ....Are you also a fully paid up member of the hollow earth society ?

You say .....If i were paying for a membership to hollow earth, that would mean I thought the earth was a (hollow) sphere... 

My reply .... so are you a paid up member then ? 

You say ....Water is flat in every measurable circumstance, not convex or concave, all tests show. 

My reply .... What are you talking about ? 

You say ....And who cares about mars? 

My reply .....I do 

You say ....Why would you compare a red light in the sky with flat water? 

My reply .... I compared neither 

You say ....You really don't have a valid argument at all, do you? 

My reply .....I don’t argue over what’s fact , you do , that’s what you and your type are boxed away in the cranks and crackpots category 

You say....Absolutely ridiculous. 

My reply ....Yes I agree you are 

You say ....Scurry back to your peer review .....

My reply .... Yes , and you run back to the conspiracy channel on you tube , it’s where you guys get your “ science “ isn’t it 

You say ....and calling us until you have a good reason to tell me why you think you live on a flying pear-ball......

My reply ..... well I actually never called you but keep talking you’re convincing me 

@Erfisflat

I don’t even know what you mean by 2 points .

You don’t like real science I get as in you still don’t have even one peer reviewed paper ..... still , funny you attempted to find one for ID until I destroyed that too, you don’t want to look at Mars either why’s that ?
    ErfisflatZombieguy1987
    @Joeseph

"Genuine scientists don’t share your views although pseudoscientists do isn’t that amusing ?"

"Genuine scientist?" So you don't consider yourself a scientist? Why are you here? Or are you a pseudoscientist cheerleader like the rest of them. Whereas do you test, measure, experiment, or observe empirically? You don't even know what science is. You probably haven't performed and experiment since you dissected a worm. " peer review" translate to appeal to authority fallacy. That is the definition between science and pseudoscience. When I go out and test what is claimed in peer review, and I find them to be false in every imaginable way on the subject.

"You say ....Water is flat in every measurable circumstance, not convex or concave, all tests show. 

My reply .... What are you talking about ? "

Not mars, that's for sure. I'm talking about the shape of the earth of course. In order for said to be a sphere, there must be oceans of humped water. Every part of the surface of water MUST be part of that sphere, so there must be humped water everywhere. We (as in you and everyone else) don't see it.

Your first point was 

1. "The edge" so called point, which was found to be completely illogical, and then 

2..eclipses, for which you have also dropped. 

Now I must figure out what a red light in the sky has to do with the surface of the earth for you. 

Zombieguy1987

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat

You say ......peer review" translate to appeal to authority fallacy

My reply .....Incorrect again ........

Scholarly peer review is the process of subjecting an author's scholarly work, research, or ideas to the scrutiny of others who are experts in the same field, before a paper describing this work is published in a journal, conference proceedings or as a book. 

My reply ....So what you’re really saying is no one takes any of you crackpots seriously which leaves your lot setting up little clubs and conspiracy theorists sites on you tube , predictably you mentioned someone who you thought was peer reviewed from the I D community until I destroyed that assumption as well .

So tell me why won’t you answer as in do you believe also the earth is hollow and do you believe Mars is flat also ? 

"Scholarly peer review is the process of subjecting an author's scholarly work, research, or ideas to the scrutiny of others who are experts in the same field, before a paper describing this work is published in a journal, conference proceedings or as a book."

I know the definition of peer review. Sounds too much like you are relying solely on words written by men, sort of like a christian would cling to his Bible, you are clinging to peer review. No evidence at all is needed other than your "science" book says so. Tell you what, peer review study about the shape of the earth. GO...

"My reply ....So what you’re really saying is no one takes any of you crackpots seriously which leaves your lot setting up little clubs and conspiracy theorists sites on you tube , predictably you mentioned someone who you thought was peer reviewed from the I D community until I destroyed that assumption as well ."

No, I'm saying that I unlike you, use the scientific method instead of appeal to authority. I am merely asking again, noting your repeated dodges:

"Why do you think you live on a spinning ball?

"So tell me why won’t you answer as in do you believe also the earth is hollow and do you believe Mars is flat also ? "

If I were to find large bodies of convex water, I could scientifically conclude the earth were a ball and we were outside of it. Had that body of water been concave, I could scientifically say were on the inside of such a ball. I have found nothing but flat bodies of water, therefore flatness is the overall shape of the place we live.

@joeseph

EvidenceZombieguy1987

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat

You say .....I know the definition of peer review

You don’t .... You don’t , you claimed the Meyers was peer reviewed until I exposed your deception 

. You say .....Sounds too much like you are relying solely on words written by men, sort of like a christian would cling to his Bible, ......

My reply ......Sounds too much like you are relying solely on words written by men, sort of like a christian would cling to his Bible, .

You say ......you are clinging to peer review. 

My reply ..... Yes I do tend to cling to verified facts 

You say ......No evidence at all is needed other than your "science" book says so.......

My reply .....I never said that 

You say .....Tell you what, peer review study about the shape of the earth. GO...

My reply ..... google is your friend . GO 

You say .....No, I'm saying that unlike you, I use the scientific method instead of appeal to authority......

My reply ..... Scientific method how hilarious

You say .....I am merely asking again, noting your repeated dodges:

"Why do you think you live on a spinning ball?

My reply .... Because it seems to upset you so it’s kinda fun

Part two to follow 

@Erfisflat

“So tell me why won’t you answer as in do you believe also the earth is hollow and do you believe Mars is flat also ? "

You say ....If I were to find large bodies of convex water, I could scientifically conclude the earth were a ball and we were outside of it. Had that body of water been concave, I could scientifically say were on the inside of such a ball. I have found nothing but flat bodies of water, therefore flatness is the overall shape of the place we live.

My reply ..... How thick is the flat earth and is it hollow , is Mars flat 

bet you still cannot answer 

If we assume a flat Earth, then why would the Australians and South Africans get an entirely different set of stars in their night sky like they do in a round Earth, and which can be demonstrated to be the case simply by flying there? After all, looking at the model of the world which you folks present would indicate that every star in the night sky would be in line of sight to nearly everyone on Earth, no matter where they stand."

• NKJVPrewratherNKJVPrewrather 55 Pts   -  
    "More ", not "stupider".
    ErfisflatZombieguy1987

"My reply ..... How thick is the flat earth and is it hollow , is Mars flat 

bet you still cannot answer "

Humans have only gone about 7 miles or so deep, so anything over than 7 miles I could speculate, but, seeing as how this is another strawman, and I am referring specifically to the surface of water, which you won't respond to, I won't. As far as mars, if I were living on mars (assuming it is physical terra firma), I could measure it and get back to you, I'm measuring the earth, it is not spherical. Stop dodging the fact.

If we assume a flat Earth, then why would the Australians and South Africans get an entirely different set of stars in their night sky like they do in a round Earth, and which can be demonstrated to be the case simply by flying there? After all, looking at the model of the world which you folks present would indicate that every star in the night sky would be in line of sight to nearly everyone on Earth, no matter where they stand."

You do realize that they wouldn't be experiencing night time at the same time, as per both models, so why would they be seeing the same stars?

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat

I asked  ..... How thick is the flat earth and is it hollow , is Mars flat 

Your reply .....Humans have only gone about 7 miles or so deep, so anything over than 7 miles I could speculate, but, seeing as how this is another strawman.....

My reply ..... It’s not as you  still refuse to answer 

You say......

and I am referring specifically to the surface of water, which you won't respond to, I won't. .....

My reply ..... your question is gibberish type something intelligent and I will respond 

You say ....As far as mars, if I were living on mars (assuming it is physical terra firma), I could measure it and get back to you.....

My reply ..... so no answer still 

You say ......I'm measuring the earth, it is not spherical.....

My reply ..... Your peer reviewed paper please ? 

You say .....Stop dodging the fact.

My reply ..... Evolution is also fact so at least you’re consistent in denying facts 

I asked .....If we assume a flat Earth, then why would the Australians and South Africans get an entirely different set of stars in their night sky like they do in a round Earth, and which can be demonstrated to be the case simply by flying there? After all, looking at the model of the world which you folks present would indicate that every star in the night sky would be in line of sight to nearly everyone on Earth, no matter where they stand."

You say .....You do realize that they wouldn't be experiencing night time at the same time, as per both models, so why would they be seeing the same stars?

Please try again .....

I asked .....If we assume a flat Earth, then why would the Australians and South Africans get an entirely different set of stars in their night sky like they do in a round Earth

ErfisflatZombieguy1987
    Joeseph said:
    @Erfisflat

I asked  ..... How thick is the flat earth and is it hollow , is Mars flat 

Your reply .....Humans have only gone about 7 miles or so deep, so anything over than 7 miles I could speculate, but, seeing as how this is another strawman.....

My reply ..... It’s not as you  still refuse to answer 

You say......

and I am referring specifically to the surface of water, which you won't respond to, I won't. .....

My reply ..... your question is gibberish type something intelligent and I will respond 

You say ....As far as mars, if I were living on mars (assuming it is physical terra firma), I could measure it and get back to you.....

My reply ..... so no answer still 

You say ......I'm measuring the earth, it is not spherical.....

My reply ..... Your peer reviewed paper please ? 

You say .....Stop dodging the fact.

My reply ..... Evolution is also fact so at least you’re consistent in denying facts 

I asked .....If we assume a flat Earth, then why would the Australians and South Africans get an entirely different set of stars in their night sky like they do in a round Earth, and which can be demonstrated to be the case simply by flying there? After all, looking at the model of the world which you folks present would indicate that every star in the night sky would be in line of sight to nearly everyone on Earth, no matter where they stand."

You say .....You do realize that they wouldn't be experiencing night time at the same time, as per both models, so why would they be seeing the same stars?

Please try again .....

I asked .....If we assume a flat Earth, then why would the Australians and South Africans get an entirely different set of stars in their night sky like they do in a round Earth

These are strawmen.

Come back when you have a logical argument.
    Zombieguy1987

Wayne Dyer
    ErfisflatZombieguy1987

@Joeseph
    "So says you the guy who believes the earth is hollow and believes mars is flat , how does it feel to be a follower of your poster boy flat earther and rapper B.o.B ? 

You and B.o.B should write a joint paper and submit it for review"

Where on God's flat earth are you coming up with this? For the record. My position is that water is always flat, and since the earth is around 70% water, it could not possibly be a sphere. You just keep eating those strawmen and displaying my position and proving my point, that globetards are "stupider".

Evidence

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat

I asked .....If we assume a flat Earth, then why would the Australians and South Africans get an entirely different set of stars in their night sky like they do in a round Earth.....You refuse to answer 

I asked if you believe the earth is hollow ....You refuse to answer 

I asked do you believe Mars is flat .....You refuse to answer 

I asked you why  flat heads have no peer reviewed papers , you claimed because they are merely appeals to authority yet tried to say There were many refuting Evolution until I corrected you , so you have not got even one peer reviewed paper which you desperately want to back your nonsense up , why’s that ? 

You making childish assertions about water being flat so I will as an act of kindness correct you yet again ......

The Earth is round. But it is big, so the curvature is really low.

Water and other liquids flow towards the lowest point in a gravitational field. Since the Earth has a low curvature and the gravitational field follows (more or less) that curvature, a body of water also has a really low curvature. For a swimming pool, the total curvature is much, much smaller than the ripples, so you can't really detect it, but for large lakes and oceans, it is easy to see, if you can get far enough away to take it all in.

Fortunately for us, the land also curves in that same way (with a few bumps here and there).

"I asked .....If we assume a flat Earth, then why would the Australians and South Africans get an entirely different set of stars in their night sky like they do in a round Earth.....You refuse to answer"

They are seeing different parts of the sky. You call it space, I call it the firmament. The dome that the stars reside in. Pointing at the curved sky does not give credence to throw out a basic observation about the earth, that directly contradicts the current model, and unequivically points to a flat earth, flat water. I don't have a full flat earth model, nor do I support any model that I know of.

You also asked: [Where's the edge]

My reply was: Who said there was an edge? What makes you think you would be allowed access to such, if it exists?

Your reply was: 

(Crickets chirping)

"I asked if you believe the earth is hollow ....You refuse to answer"

This is true. I care not about believing in something that is impossible to prove. Theorizing (or not) about the earth, miles under the surface does not point to a spherical earth.

You also asked what would a lunar eclipse would look like on a flat earth.

I then showed you a lunar eclipse that would be impossible in the heliocentric model, and therefore disproves it.

Your reply was.

An appeal to the stone fallacy.

"I asked do you believe Mars is flat .....You refuse to answer "

I've never been there, and cannot perform any tests for sphericity. I don't have to believe anything about the earth. I can test it. Believing is not necessary. I know it is flat. We can talk about that if you would like.

"I asked you why  flat heads have no peer reviewed papers , you claimed because they are merely appeals to authority yet tried to say There were many refuting Evolution until I corrected you , so you have not got even one peer reviewed paper which you desperately want to back your nonsense up , why’s that ? "

Hows about, you be my peer and look at the data. Or you can keep pursuing red herrings and I can keep pointing out how YOU are avoiding the topic and questions regarding the topic specifically in question.

"You making childish assertions about water being flat so I will as an act of kindness correct you yet again ......"

You found curved water? 

"The Earth is round. But it is big, so the curvature is really low."

Hahaha. The old "it's too big to see the curve!" You don't have a clue how much a ball that is 25,000 miles in circumference should curve do you? What amount (in feet) should we see in 57 miles? 100? 

"Water and other liquids flow towards the lowest point in a gravitational field. Since the Earth has a low curvature"

Talk about an assertion. How very scientific of you. See above response to "it's too big!"

" and the gravitational field follows (more or less) that curvature, a body of water also has a really low curvature. For a swimming pool, the total curvature is much, much smaller than the ripples, so you can't really detect it, but for large lakes and oceans, it is easy to see, if you can get far enough away to take it all in."

Lol??? Another random claim. How far away do we have to be able to get away to see the curve? 30,000 feet? 100,000 feet? Do we have to sign a government contract and get on the imaginary space station? No wait, that would just be looking at your first response, a swimming pool.

"Fortunately for us, the land also curves in that same way (with a few bumps here and there)."

Impossible on a ball that is 25,000 miles in circumference.

Likewise.

@Joeseph

EvidenceZombieguy1987

Wayne Dyer