frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

American Football is the worst sport today

Debate Information

American Football, since it's inception, has been one of the worst sports I've ever seen. Not only is it boring, but more dangerous than say Ice hockey, or auto racing.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    I'm not really interested in group sports, but I do not see American Football as anything special in this regard.

There are two sports I have never understood, however: baseball and golf. The former's rules do not make much sense. The latter is so slow-paced, I think I would fall asleep within the first few minutes of playing.
    Zombieguy1987
  • WordsMatterWordsMatter 493 Pts   -  
    All sports are inferior to curling
    Zombieguy1987Polaris95ApplesauceSilverishGoldNova
  • Polaris95Polaris95 147 Pts   -  
    Yeah, the only reason I watch the Super Bowl is for the half-time show.
    Zombieguy1987
  • WordsMatterWordsMatter 493 Pts   -  
    For a real answer I only ever watch American football if I'm betting on it, either fantasy football or more traditional betting. However it's a fun sport to bet on. I generally don't watch any sports except for major events, so the Masters in golf, Wimbledon, world/euro cup, and the Olympics. 
  • averyaproaveryapro 150 Pts   -  
    I can find a way to agree that American football is pretty terrible. The risk of injury is extremely high for all body parts even with all the padding and gear that the players wear. Also, there is so much controversy with the sport itself. I feel like all the news after every 49ers game is about Colin Kaepernick. Also, it just seems kind of with the idea of all of the controversy that is tied to American football. 
    Zombieguy1987
  • Ranger1633Ranger1633 2 Pts   -  
    no. There is worst sports 
    Baseball after they banned Pete Rose.
    Canadian Football
    Rugby 
    Cricket
    And many others
  • Far too politicized nowadays.
    Zombieguy1987
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • All sports are inferior to curling
    You mean shuffleboard on ice?
    Zombieguy1987
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • SharkySharky 101 Pts   -  
    Football would be great if it wasn't for the NFL, the commissioner, the owners, the players, the referees, the announcers, the reporters, the networks and the fans. Oh, and the ticket prices. Aside from that, what a great sport, huh?
  • RS_masterRS_master 400 Pts   -  
    No sport is bad, some people get entertained some don`t. Everyone respectably shares different opinions on different things. some people may like american football. I believe football (soccer) is bad but not everyone believes that. I like cricket. Do you? If you don`t Then that is fine. When humans are judging what is good what is bad humans always have biased opinions. This means some people will disagree also. What is our conclusion? American football is bad in some peoples opinions good in others.