frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Does Alien Life Exist?

Debate Information

For me, it's almost certain there is other life it's just a matter of finding it.
northsouthkoreaaarongnatbarons

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• northsouthkoreanorthsouthkorea 221 Pts   -  
    Yes, it is very likely that there is other life. There are many other galaxies and planets, some of those might be able to shelter life.
    DrCerealaarongPolaris95EvidenceZombieguy1987
  • PowerPikachu21PowerPikachu21 213 Pts   -  
    I personally think the universe is definitely big enough for some form of life on a planet not on Earth. But lots of criteria must be met for life to be possible (right distance from a 'sun', presence of water, a way for life to get food/energy, atmosphere to protect from space's void and harmful radiation, and maybe a few more), so I'm also a bit skeptical if life would exist not here.

So, short answer, I don't know for certain. I might look up if someone did find a suitable planet. And if someone did find life, it would probably be a simple life form, like bacteria.
    DrCerealaarongcheesycheese
  • DrCerealDrCereal 193 Pts   -   edited October 2017
    Yes, it is very likely that there is other life. There are many other galaxies and planets, some of those might be able to shelter life.
    Unless you have evidence (beyond probability), you can not state that aliens do exist. (Liklihood is not equivalent to fact.)
    aarongMissDMeanorcheesycheeseZombieguy1987
    Bis das, si cito das.
  • natbaronsnatbarons 133 Pts   -  
    Yes, alien life is highly probilble according to many scientists possibly. Out of all the planets, some may be habitable to life.
    cheesycheesepiloteer
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -   edited November 2018
    PowerPikachu21 Life can exist in many many unexpected ways. Also a current scientific underestimate says the universe is so big that their is a decent chains of it. Based on science. But until you find it you can never say for sure. If life must be made by cells like some sources tell me those odds go down.
    cheesycheese
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  
    The short answer is, we do not know.

The long answer is, we do not know. No, seriously, our knowledge of how abiogenesis works, of what types of it can happen, of what environmental restrictions can be posed on it (if any), what elements must be involved in it and so on - is extremely poor at the moment. Maybe life can only exist within a very narrow range of parameters, all of which are very close to our Earth's environment. Or maybe it can exist everywhere, from cold space to cores of the hottest stars. Some life forms we might not even be able to recognize as life forms, should we encounter them, as they will not resemble anything our intuition says about what a living being must look like.

I would expect there to be a very large diversity of life forms inhabiting a large variety of environments - but that is an intuitive guess, and not something that can be logically justified. It would be strange if in the observable universe with hundreds billions of galaxies, each harboring hundreds billions star systems, each potentially harboring multiple planets and planet satellites, with an unimaginable number of smaller objects such as asteroids or comets - life was confined only to one or a few planets. At the same time, the Universe tends to surprise us as we learn more and more about it, so I would not draw any conclusions just yet.
    Zombieguy1987
  • Ya. There probably is alien life.
    Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -   edited October 2018
    Some physicists believe it is mathematically impossible for their not to be alien life elsewhere. Some even believe that mathematically, it must be true that other earths with human beings just like us, or even exactly like us exist. They theorize that there could be millions of people exactly like you, who live on planets exactly like earth. The universe is so much larger than humans can visually conceive of. If galaxies contain hundreds of billions of stars, and most of those stars have planets that orbit them, and there are 2 trillion galaxies in the "observable universe (that means there's probably many more that we can't see) there must be copies of us somewhere. But then again, that's just a guess!
  • steffy67248steffy67248 26 Pts   -  
    absoufreakingloutly.
  • Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -   edited October 2018
    As a wise friend of mine once said...
    "Yes, there is alien life out there. They cross our borders illegally each day"- Brandon (Not his real name)
  • “Aliens” do exist. They’re in the form of bacteria. They come from places in outer space. #putyourtinfoilhatson #thebacteriasgonnasuckyourbrainsout
    Zombieguy1987
    Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln
  • AlexOlandAlexOland 313 Pts   -  
    On one hand, the universe is huge. On the other hand, life forms only in specific conditions. I don't know which side weighs down as I am not a scientist. From what I read though (which might be wrong), it is somewhat likely for alien life to exist but not as green head UFO guys, just as bacteria. Still though, we should not assume things. We just don't know, let's leave it at that.
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  
    For me, it's almost certain there is other life it's just a matter of finding it.

If you Globe-earthers believe in planets like these:

Image result for planets

Then for the life of me I don't understand why you would question the existence of aliens like these?

Image result for aliens

In the context of the O.P. of course aliens exist, .. what a question?

Sci-fi movie going on the moon, right after man lands on the moon.
    Sci-fi movie of man on a planet called Mars, .. man sends a Rover on Mars, and is planning to send man on mars, .. it takes eggs to make scrambled eggs. It takes planets to have aliens, .. what's the big deal?
    It's almost like asking: "Can Peter Pan fly?" Well duh, .. everyone knows Peter Pan can fly, .. all he needs is faith and a little Pixy dust.

My question is, why is this post in the "science Forum"??
    Zombieguy1987
  • midoprealmidopreal 21 Pts   -  
    The odds are too high for there not to be alien life on another planet in another solar system somewhere assuming that are universe is endless. Even not assuming it is endless throughout the visible universe the number of galaxies is just too high.
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  
    midopreal said:
    The odds are too high for there not to be alien life on another planet in another solar system somewhere assuming that are universe is endless. Even not assuming it is endless throughout the visible universe the number of galaxies is just too high.

First you'll have to find evidence for this so called: "Universe with a solar system with planets named after pagan gods, ruled by; Helios", 

Image result for god helios

..  the Christian sun-god

Image result for pope worshipping the sun-god

whose flesh and blood they eat regularly.

Image result for pope worshipping the sun-god

OR, .. get real and come join us Truthers on this God created Flat Earth.
    Zombieguy1987