frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Does anyone know how many times that the religious parents, or parent were found guilty of crimes,

Debate Information

or a crime, against their kids, and or their family, and Religion at the same time, was found guilty of the same crimes, along with the individual offender, or offenders? 

I know what the answer is, but I'll let others investigate the above subject matter of the posed questions, so that they may answer first.

Here are the ground rules:

An individuals opinion alone, in regards to the posed questions, disqualifies their answer.

Because if the individuals opinion, isn't cooberated with some sort of legitimate fact, facts, or factual sources, the individuals opinion doesn't count.

Legitimate information means, credible news media sources: ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, NPR, MSNBC, or WHRO, and Fox news, or if it's an internet website, the name of the website, who wrote the article, and a credible link to the webpage information source as well.

Zombieguy1987

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
33%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -  
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987

This doesn't count.

Try harder.
    Zombieguy1987
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987

Was Religion found guilty along with the religious parents or parent, for the crimes that they committed? 
    Zombieguy1987
    TTKDB said:
    @Zombieguy1987

This doesn't count.

Oh, but it does...

If you were too actually put forth some effort (Which i know it hard for you) You could actaully do some resaerch of your own

Try harder.

Mmmmmm... I already try hard... You don't. All you do is ask questions which you use to stall because you know you're bad at helping religion

TTKDB said:
    @Zombieguy1987

Was Religion found guilty along with the religious parents or parent, for the crimes that they committed? 
    And, it's with the time stalling questions again...

• TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987

"Oh, but it does...

If you were too actually put forth some effort (Which i know it hard for you) You could actaully do some resaerch of your own

Try harder.

Mmmmmm... I already try hard... You don't. All you do is ask questions which you use to stall because you know you're bad at helping religion.

This is the theme:

(Does anyone know how many times that the religious parents, or parent were found guilty of crimes, or a crime, against their kids, and or their family, and Religion at the same time, was found guilty of the same crimes, along with the individual offender, or offenders?)

Again from your shared pictures, was Religion found guilty along with the parents or parent, for their crimes? 

Yes or no? 
    Zombieguy1987
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987

The forum isn't a fallacy.

Zombieguy1987
  • OppolzerOppolzer 191 Pts   -  
    All of these crimes correspond with the religious parent's beliefs in “faith-healing.”

In Michigan, U.S, these Christian parents Seth Welch and Tatiana Fusari, left their 10-month-old girl to die of malnutrition and dehydration. This charged felony of murder was justified by “religious reasons and fear of child services.”

In Pennsylvania, U.S, a two-year-old girl died of lack of treatment for pneumonia. The two parents were charged, and justified their actions in the case of their “religious beliefs.”

In Oregon, U.S, the religious parents Sarah and Travis Mitchell left their newborn daughter to die, after she struggled to breathe after a home birth. They both justified her death as their “disbelief in medical care.”

Idaho, U.S is notorious for religious extremists. When the Idaho Legislature enacted the exemption laws in the 1970s, there have been at least 183 children/teens deceased. The justification for these deaths was “faith-healing.” These 183 children/teens died from medical neglect from their parents, which was caused by the parent's religious beliefs.

Zombieguy1987
  • WordsMatterWordsMatter 493 Pts   -  
    @TTKDB so would you agree there is no such thing as Islamic extremists? I have seen you dismiss the crusades as a crime by individuals and not religion.
    Zombieguy1987
    TTKDB said:
    @Zombieguy1987

"Oh, but it does...

Try harder.

Mmmmmm... I already try hard... You don't. All you do is ask questions which you use to stall because you know you're bad at helping religion.

This is the theme:

(Does anyone know how many times that the religious parents, or parent were found guilty of crimes, or a crime, against their kids, and or their family, and Religion at the same time, was found guilty of the same crimes, along with the individual offender, or offenders?)

Again from your shared pictures, was Religion found guilty along with the parents or parent, for their crimes? 

Yes or no? 
    Stop. with. the. stalling.
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987

"Stop. with. the. stalling."

Answer the question Zombieguy 1987:

Does anyone know how many times that the religious parents, or parent were found guilty of crimes, or a crime, against their kids, and or their family, and Religion at the same time, was found guilty of the same crimes, along with the individual offender, or offenders?

When are you going to stop with your stalling?

Zombieguy1987
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @WordsMatter

"so would you agree there is no such thing as Islamic extremists? I have seen you dismiss the crusades as a crime by individuals and not religion."

Is the above the answer to the theme of this forum? 

Or are you walking around the theme, to express another atheist teaching point? 

Zombieguy1987
    TTKDB said:
    @Zombieguy1987

"Stop. with. the. stalling."

Answer the question Zombieguy 1987:

Does anyone know how many times that the religious parents, or parent were found guilty of crimes, or a crime, against their kids, and or their family, and Religion at the same time, was found guilty of the same crimes, along with the individual offender, or offenders?

When are you going to stop with your stalling?

I GAVE YOU YOUR ANSWER! IF YOU WEREN'T LAZY AND ACTUALLY TOOK A FEW MINUTES TO LOOK AT THE PICUTRES IN THE LINK, THAEN LOOKED UP THE NAMES OF THE VICTIMS YOU WOULD REALIZE THAT RELIGIOUS PARENTS WERE FOUND GUILTY. Oh and i already proved with the Neil Beagley case! 

So, why don't you actually put forth some effort!

TTKDB said:
    @WordsMatter

"so would you agree there is no such thing as Islamic extremists? I have seen you dismiss the crusades as a crime by individuals and not religion."

Is the above the answer to the theme of this forum? 

Or are you walking around the theme, to express another atheist teaching point? 

Off topic argument No. 47
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Oppolzer

Did you read this in the story?

"Welch has posted about Child Protective Services, a distrust of doctors and religious beliefs on blank.

He called doctors “priesthoods of the medical cult” and spoke in one video post about refusing to get his children vaccinated.

“The righteous shall live by faith. It’s God who is sovereign over disease and those sorts of things and, of course, ultimately deaths,” he said. 

The couple return to court on 20 August and could face life in prison without parole if convicted of felony murder."

• TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987

You labelling the below as irrelevant?

"Oh, but it does...

Try harder.

This is the theme:

Yes or no?  

@Zombieguy1987

Do you rely solely on the internet, as a way to educate individuals with your atheist teachings? 
    TTKDB said:
    @Zombieguy1987

You labelling the below as irrelevant?

"Oh, but it does...

Try harder.

This is the theme:

Yes or no?  

What Grinds My Gears Family Guy

How many times have i already siad this? You can't charge a non-living thing

This is like if a judge found a gun guilty simply because someone used it to shoot up a school.. It's

@Zombieguy1987

Do you rely solely on the internet, as a way to educate individuals with your atheist teachings? 

Well, gee. Do you expect me to ask my parents to take me to the libaray on Christman day. Check out a book about parents killing their kids because they were brainwashed by their religion?

Or do a 1 minute google search, get a lot of results, link it to this site so you can see that yes, religion is the cause for their kids demise.

It's not lazy, it's common sense! (Which you lack)

• TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987

https://www-urbandictionary-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&term=Internet Atheist&amp=true&usqp=mq331AQECAFYAQ==#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Internet%20Atheist 

An excerpt from the webpage:

Not to be mistaken for an atheist who merely uses the internet, an internet atheist is someone who is ubiquitous when it comes to websites or forum threads related to religion. They will often poke fun at religion and religious people, especially Christians and Muslims, but they have a sort of "search and refute" thing going on with Christians, whereas the Muslims usually only fall prey to internet atheists when they happen to come across them. Of course many internet atheists have the habit of searching for Muslims, too."
    Zombieguy1987
  • Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -   edited December 2018
    TTKDB said:
    @Zombieguy1987

https://www-urbandictionary-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&term=Internet Atheist&amp=true&usqp=mq331AQECAFYAQ==#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Internet%20Atheist 

An excerpt from the webpage:

Not to be mistaken for an atheist who merely uses the internet, an internet atheist is someone who is ubiquitous when it comes to websites or forum threads related to religion. They will often poke fun at religion and religious people, especially Christians and Muslims, but they have a sort of "search and refute" thing going on with Christians, whereas the Muslims usually only fall prey to internet atheists when they happen to come across them. Of course many internet atheists have the habit of searching for Muslims, too."
    Ah, now you're using URBANDICTIONARY!

You go from using the Conservapeida to using URBANDICTIONARY!?

Do you know untrustworthy UrbanDictionary is?

Because if you don't, then this explain your failure to come up with good arguments.

Oh, and you're a hypocrite because you ALSO use the internet and use a "Search and Refute" thing
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987

You are the individual educating me via your atheist mindset, and how you perceive the various religions and the religious individuals with it.

Tell me from your atheist mind, which unbiased websites, that you recommend, can educate anyone from both the atheist perspective and the religious perspective from a fair, equal, and unbiased points of view?

Point the website out?

Instead of getting anxious over a website, that you maybe disagree with or may have a beef with? 

Educate me, and educate the public at the same time??

"Because if you don't, then this explain your failure to come up with good arguments.

Oh, and you're a hypocrite because you ALSO use the internet and use a "Search and Refute" thing"

Humanity fails humanity everyday.

Sexual assualt and battery.

Murder/ suicides.

Domestic violence and abuse.

Man commits a crime, and he blames religion for his crimes? 

Man commits a crime, and he blames the law for his crimes?

Drive by shootings occuring in a neighborhood, and a child is struck by a stray bullet in their own home? 

Yeah, humanity fails humanity everyday.

Zombieguy1987
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    Yeap @Zombieguy1987

There's your (!) Irrelevant response.

Instead of making a counter argument?
    Zombieguy1987
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/standingonmyhead/2015/05/twelve-reasons-why-i-never-argue-with-internet-atheists.html

"Twelve Reasons Why I Never Argue With Internet Atheists"

I'm sharing the above website, because I asked you this: 

(Tell me from your atheist mind, which unbiased websites, that you recommend, can educate anyone from both the atheist perspective and the religious perspective from a fair, equal, and unbiased points of view?

Point the website out?

Instead of getting anxious over a website, that you maybe disagree with or may have a beef with? 

Educate me, and educate the public at the same time?)
    Zombieguy1987
    TTKDB said:
    Yeap @Zombieguy1987

There's your (!) Irrelevant response.

Instead of making a counter argument?

Because your questions have nothing to do with the debate

• TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987

Because of you, I've included that website as a part of the debate. 
    Zombieguy1987
    TTKDB said:
    @Zombieguy1987

Because of you, I've included that website as a part of the debate. 

Which is irrelevant to the current debate...

• WordsMatterWordsMatter 493 Pts   -  
    @TTKDB how was I off theme? This forum is about religion. Not any specific religion. People blame Islam for the crimes committed by some middle easterners. If you believe religion had never been guilty of crime then you don't believe in Islamic extremists being a thing.
    Zombieguy1987
  • ethang5ethang5 258 Pts   -  
    Zombieguy is the classic OCD internet atheist. Surprised there are so few of them here.
    Zombieguy1987
    ethang5 said:
    Zombieguy is the classic OCD internet atheist. Surprised there are so few of them here.
    And now someone besides @TTKDB is making off topic arguments 
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987

Was Religion found guilty of crimes, along with the parents or parent? 

Has religion ever been found guilty of the crimes committed by the parents or a parent, when it comes to their kids? 

Zombieguy1987
    TTKDB said:
    @Zombieguy1987

Was Religion found guilty of crimes, along with the parents or parent? 

It it appears you have the memory of a goldfish 

I, and other people already countered this question but you seem to be missing the point 

Has religion ever been found guilty of the crimes committed by the parents or a parent, when it comes to their kids? 

Still having short term memory loss I see

• TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987

Show me, what your answer is and was?

Zombieguy1987
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    Does anyone have an answer to this question?

Zombieguy1987
    TTKDB said:
    Does anyone have an answer to this question?

@MayCaesar explained why your question is heavily flawed

And so did I.

But you seem to have the memory of a goldfish

• TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987

Show me on this very forum, where (MayCaesar) explained to me why the question is heavily flawed? 

"And so did I.

But you seem to have the memory of a goldfish"

Wheres your evidence from this specific forum? 
    Zombieguy1987
    TTKDB said:
    @Zombieguy1987

Show me on this very forum, where (MayCaesar) explained to me why the question is heavily flawed? 

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/32189#Comment_32189

"And so did I.

But you seem to have the memory of a goldfish"

Wheres your evidence from this specific forum? 

• TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -   edited December 2018
    @Zombieguy1987

So this from MayCaesar:

Are these the words you view as a great arguments? 

"Religion affects one's world view, moral system, decision-making process, etc. There is no "or" here, it is more of a "chicken or egg" question. Religion affects the individual, individual's traits affect how the individual interprets religion.

For someone inclined for violence, for example, a specific interpretation of religion can become an excuse to unleash their nature on everyone. On the other hand, that same person can be saved from his violent traits by a different interpretation of religion.

Bottom line is: it is complicated. Religion can affect the individual positively or negatively. Whether the religion is responsible for the actions of that individual afterwards is more of a rhetorical question. Religion affects them. Does something affecting something else imply its responsibility for something else? I think it depends on the context and on the degree of affect."

@Zombieguy1987

@MayCaesar

Why don't you, and MayCaesar, ask the families who had family members murdered by the convicted felons, if those same families, if they as well blame Religion, as being the reason, why the convicted felons killed their family members?

See if they agree with what you view as a great argument, MayCaesars words?
    Zombieguy1987
    TTKDB said:
    @Zombieguy1987

So this from MayCaesar:

Are these the words you view as a great arguments? 

"Religion affects one's world view, moral system, decision-making process, etc. There is no "or" here, it is more of a "chicken or egg" question. Religion affects the individual, individual's traits affect how the individual interprets religion.

For someone inclined for violence, for example, a specific interpretation of religion can become an excuse to unleash their nature on everyone. On the other hand, that same person can be saved from his violent traits by a different interpretation of religion.

Bottom line is: it is complicated. Religion can affect the individual positively or negatively. Whether the religion is responsible for the actions of that individual afterwards is more of a rhetorical question. Religion affects them. Does something affecting something else imply its responsibility for something else? I think it depends on the context and on the degree of affect."

@Zombieguy1987

@MayCaesar

Why don't you, and MayCaesar, ask the families who had family members murdered by the convicted felons, if those same families, if they as well blame Religion, as being the reason, why the convicted felons killed their family members?

Because I'm sure they wouldn't want to talk about it, and besides, how would me and MayCaesar tell wihic families victim died due to religion being the cause?

See if they agree with what you view as a great argument, MayCaesars words?

Off topic... again N.E.X.T.!

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/mother-drowned-daughter-4-before-setting-fire-to-body-after-believing-she-had-to-sacrifice-her-to-a4018216.html

Religion is responsible for this girl's death, but simiply it wasn't found guilty means it isn't 

@TTKDB logic at it's finest
    Oppolzer
  • OppolzerOppolzer 191 Pts   -  
    @TTKDB

You seem to be misconstruing things as “religion itself has to be found guilty.” The reason why you can’t charge someone “guilty of religion,” is because religion is not a crime. You can be guilty of rape, murder, robbery, etc. because they are crimes. Albeit, that doesn’t mean that religious people can’t be found guilty of crimes. A religious person can commit an offense because of their religious beliefs, but they will be charged with the crime they committed, not charged because of religion. It’s no doubt that religion has caused a copious amount of conflicts in the past, as well as the present. 
    Zombieguy1987
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    I was raped twice. BOTH of my rapists were atheists. Yes, I have forgiven them both, but I challenge your inherant fallacy that all religious people are criminals as pure bull ish. Both the religious, and the non religious do bad things, and what I would like to see is less blinking strawmans, Christian, atheist, or otherwise. Peace to you.
    Zombieguy1987