frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Testing the scientific accuracy of the Qur'an

Debate Information

My position is that the Qur'an is a very unscientific book. It's very surprising that people living in the desert over 1,300 years ago didn't know much about science, I know, but still.

Quran 27:18-19: In this part of the Qur'an, an ant warns it's colony that Solomon is coming with his army by talking like a human. Do I even need to point this one out?

Quran 16:8: This part of the Qur'an claims that equines were created specifically for transportation. The earliest evidence for the domestication of horses has been traced to Botai people who lived in Kazakhstan 5,500 years ago, and the earliest evidence for the usage of horses as transportation dates back to 4,000 years ago.

Quran 36:36: This part of the Qur'an claims that all species of life have 2 sexes. Let's forget asexual organisms exist!

Quran 2:73: In this part of the Qur'an a dead man testifies against his killer, after he is temporarily resurrected by having part of a cow thrown at him. I'm not joking.

Quran 18:86-90: In this part of the Qur'an: The Qur'an assumes that the sun sets in a muddy spring, and also has a physical rising place, pretty clearly showing that the Qur'ans understanding of astronomy is based on early observations.

Quran 16:79: According to this part of the Qur'an the reason for birds flying is... ALLAH. 

Quran 54:1: In this part of the Qur'an, the moon is said to have split in two. Which would probably be the most widely documented event in history, but we have no other documentation from other cultures regarding this event.

Quran 23:14: In this part of the Qur'an, it is claimed that during pregnancy bones form before flesh. Do I even need to point this one out?
Zombieguy1987mujtaba_1
I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
About Persuade Me

Persuaded Argument

• WordsMatterWordsMatter 493 Pts   -   edited January 2019
    I don't see why you would turn to any religious text for science. Religious texts are not supposed to be scientific, they are supposed to use myth to get points across
    SilverishGoldNovaZombieguy1987mujtaba_1

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -  
    My position is that the Qur'an is a very unscientific book. It's very surprising that people living in the desert over 1,300 years ago didn't know much about science, I know, but still.

Quran 27:18-19: In this part of the Qur'an, an ant warns it's colony that Solomon is coming with his army by talking like a human. Do I even need to point this one out?

Quran 16:8: This part of the Qur'an claims that equines were created specifically for transportation. The earliest evidence for the domestication of horses has been traced to Botai people who lived in Kazakhstan 5,500 years ago, and the earliest evidence for the usage of horses as transportation dates back to 4,000 years ago.

Quran 36:36: This part of the Qur'an claims that all species of life have 2 sexes. Let's forget asexual organisms exist!

Quran 2:73: In this part of the Qur'an a dead man testifies against his killer, after he is temporarily resurrected by having part of a cow thrown at him. I'm not joking.

Quran 18:86-90: In this part of the Qur'an: The Qur'an assumes that the sun sets in a muddy spring, and also has a physical rising place, pretty clearly showing that the Qur'ans understanding of astronomy is based on early observations.

Quran 16:79: According to this part of the Qur'an the reason for birds flying is... ALLAH. 

Quran 54:1: In this part of the Qur'an, the moon is said to have split in two. Which would probably be the most widely documented event in history, but we have no other documentation from other cultures regarding this event.

Quran 23:14: In this part of the Qur'an, it is claimed that during pregnancy bones form before flesh. Do I even need to point this one out?

It's the Qur'an... This is like trying to use science against @Erfisflat. There's no point to do it....

SilverishGoldNova
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -   edited January 2019
    @WordsMatter The point is, if there is even one error or contradiction in the Qur'an there is no way that it is a perfect book written by an all-knowing deity. Also, some people are seriously dedicated to the Qur'an that they have tried (and failed miserably) to prove that the Qur'an is infallible. 
    @mujtaba_1 Why is my post irrelevant? 
    Zombieguy1987
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • mujtaba_1mujtaba_1 8 Pts   -  
    see I cannot give the clearance for each and everything about the debates you have made out.btw thank you for researching so much i appretiate it.first one,solomon had the powers which almighty gave him in which he can talk to animals can you prove me scientifically that ants cannot talk?
    second part: in that verse further if you go allah says “ 

And [He created] the horses, mules and donkeys for you to ride and [as] adornment. And He creates that which you do not know.  same verse which you have qouted in this at last allah say And he creates which you do not know which shows allah knows that it will not be used further and he will create somthing that the people of that time did not know 

third verse: allah says he had created i  pairs not in sexes is that not true? pairs are everywhere even in plants. created in pairs will not specifically mean that sexes 
    third verse which you have qouted: yes he testified allah is the most powerfull as there is concern of human thinking he has the power to make you alive allah says in quran (not exactly in further if you want i will be there to debate I will qoute it) that if he can create you in first place why can he create you again in the second place (after dead in the day of judgement) he is indeed the most powerfull 
    Allah has just not thrown a dice into somewhere and made the universe he created it with his nature which is still beyond the understanding of human 
    allah in quran says  think about the creation of heavens and land. he also insist us to be logical 
     forth topic :18:89
    Until, when he came to the rising of the sun, he found it rising on a people for whom We had not made against it any shield. this verse you are saying so it is about a king he came to the rising of sun in this I will say something arabic can be completely translated to english because it is more heavy language now her the word rising of sun is used its for the direction at which sun rises . basically the king went on the direction and found people and further goes on 
     5th topic :16:79
    Do they not see the birds controlled in the atmosphere of the sky? None holds them up except Allah . Indeed in that are signs for a people who believe.Indeed allah is so wise my friend the birds cannot go outside of atmosphere  and hence controlled my friend Indeed allah has signs for you also .
    6th topic: brother, It happened there are many things we are missing from the history .we have the documentation which you wont believe .but the disbeliever also saw that and testified it of that time and it was for a period of time not for days so whole world can see it 

last one 23:14

Then We made the sperm-drop into a clinging clot, and We made the clot into a lump [of flesh], and We made [from] the lump, bones, and We covered the bones with flesh; then We developed him into another creation. So blessed is Allah, the best of creators.
    this is verse and point this is clearly the sign of allah see brother I am shocked seriously this verse was revealed  before 1400 years and listen to fun fact it was written in quran before it was actually discovered 
    You qouted something which is like the think because of this aayaah(verse) many became muslims because it was a shock to many scientist that how could be it revealed before 1400 years 

I would like to conclude that all the things which you have mentioned are been cleared and I really from bottom of my heart pray to allah that allah give you and me hidaayah and clear undestanding of him 
    allah is perfect he is the most powerfull he is magnificent 
    I really respect you brother that you have made afforts to research about it and I would like you to say that You are invited to research and most welcome to put forward your points 

@SilverishGoldNova
    Zombieguy1987SilverishGoldNova
  • WordsMatterWordsMatter 493 Pts   -  
    @SilverishGoldNova you're not wrong. However there are followers in every religion that will claim that their text(s) are infallible in a figurative and or literal sense. The common thing is that they will hold this belief without any actual evidence or argument and will all have the same defense, Faith. Faith is defined as 

strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

So if the Bible says Jesus turned water into wine or the Qur'an says someone could talk to donkeys then they will claim it's true and real and their defense will just be "faith" and you are wrong because you lack "faith." 

Many more members of religion will see this stories as just that, stories. To them they can believe that no one ever actually talked to a donkey but that it played a role in a larger myth to get some sort of moral lesson across, which is the important thing.
    SilverishGoldNovaZombieguy1987
  • mujtaba_1mujtaba_1 8 Pts   -  
    @WordsMatter so what is the pupose of life you say me Quran can be proven  linguistically,qurans langauge is direct and firm it did not change since 1400 years. Quran talks about things which scientist have recenlty rescovered let assume the fertilty thing. Quran it is mentioned before 1400 years scientist discovered it in recent 100 years. Quran say that earth is oval which in past people did not belive Quran says that moons lights is not its own its reflected light. what about the big bang theory ? Quran it is mentioned before 1400. We muslims believe jesus (may peace be upon him) is a prophet he did miracles by the will of god. Okay just leave aside the things which happened which you consider as FAITH  scientifically Quran is proven. Some things cannot be proven for example someone says that he is the great grandson of Alexander the great he can prove you by evidence which maybe like some paper but scientifically he Cannot. We belive in jesus (peace be upon him ) God we believe abrahims (may peace and blessing upon him) GOD is one   and he has no associates and Muhhamed (may peace and blessings upon him) is the last messenger of allah. If you read arabic and understand it you will understand what is quran . Many cristian proffesors if you ask them they will reply “Quran is a word of God” there is nothing like quran. 
    2.assume you are right you cant answer some questions like how did life began you proposed me Theory of Evolution  Charles dawin he believe in GOD and infact its a theory not a fact. IF THERE WAS NO SUCH THING AS GOD we are all blind. just see how the human body is how perfectly thats shaped the physiology the perfection I really dont thing that possible.I really invite you to learn quran that will give you a new prespective about life. Islam is a Ideology,belief,system,legislature,medice and way of life which is the perfection of it. lets take for example THE FIVE DAILY prayers , take the system of zakat(2.5 of our earnings and saving should be donated if we have more than some amount of money) we believe we dont have a right on that money. 
    There are lots of things which I can go on 
    You people of research I really invite you to learn about Islam from a muslim
    I am a person of logic say me something I will give you a logical explanation Leave  about the things like spilting of moon that if not happening right now say me something in quran than which is unscientific.
    sir you must inderstand that GOD does not need us its clearly GODs sign that there are 1.4 billion muslims Historians have framed muhammed(peace be upon him) the most INFLUENCIAL man in history
    Its clear that our value have misunderstood by many muslims which have lead to extrimism which is out fault seeking less knowledge 
    me when 17 I researched everything against Islam and finally I never found which made me believe there is a GOD and he is perfect and only ONE.