frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Hell exists, change my mind.

Debate Information

Can you.
Zombieguy1987

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought I'd be delighted to disprove that heaven exists but being the Pagan that I am, I couldn't agree more to this. We are in it.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  
    It is the old good Russell's Teapot fallacy: you make an unfalsifiable claim and ask people to change your mind. Well, I cannot demonstrate to you that hell does not exist; no one can. However, there is zero evidence suggesting that hell exists, hence assuming its existence would not be very practical and/or logical.

That said, the analogue of hell exists in some societies. The best example is probably North Korea, where some of what the government views as crimes are considered so vile, that the entire lineage of the individual is sentenced to living in a labor camp for eternity, where they are subjected to the immense amount of suffering. They do die in the end, however.

In a very advanced alien civilization, where mortality is no longer a factor, there could very well exist an artificial hell, where those who considered to have committed incredibly vile crimes are kept alive and tortured for eternity. I would hope, however, that every society that has come so far technology-wise is well above such barbaric concepts as justified endless torment - otherwise out Universe might be a much darker place than we like to believe.
    Zombieguy1987Nathaniel_BGeorge_Horse
  • WordsMatterWordsMatter 493 Pts   -   edited November 2018
    @someone234 that's close to my beliefs, but I pull from Eastern philosophy and Buddhism in particular. Heaven and hell exist but they are states of mind that you exist in here on Earth and you can go from one to the other at any time or be outside of both.
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  
    MayCaesar said:
    It is the old good Russell's Teapot fallacy: you make an unfalsifiable claim and ask people to change your mind. Well, I cannot demonstrate to you that hell does not exist; no one can. However, there is zero evidence suggesting that hell exists, hence assuming its existence would not be very practical and/or logical.

That said, the analogue of hell exists in some societies. The best example is probably North Korea, where some of what the government views as crimes are considered so vile, that the entire lineage of the individual is sentenced to living in a labor camp for eternity, where they are subjected to the immense amount of suffering. They do die in the end, however.

On a very advanced alien civilization, where mortality is no longer a factor, there could very well exist an artificial hell, where those who considered to have committed incredibly vile crimes are kept alive and tortured for eternity. I would hope, however, that every society that has come so far technology-wise is well above such barbaric concepts as justified endless torment - otherwise out Universe might be a much darker place than we like to believe.

@MayCaesar said: "They do die in the end, however."

But what if Hitler, or NASA, or Jeffrey Dahmer or Kim Jong-un get a visit to this Globe earth from this advanced civilization, and use the technology to "live forever", .. AND keep their prisoners, or the Nation that they hate alive forever? It's becoming possible now;

Keeping skin cells living forever already. Or so Michio Kaku says.

MayCaesar - I would hope, however, that every society that has come so far technology-wise is well above such barbaric concepts as justified endless torment - otherwise out Universe might be a much darker place than we like to believe.

Well, from what we see, the better, or more advanced the societies technology gets, the more it is used to control, rape, torture and kill. So what would make these advanced alien societies any different? I mean we can thank all the star gods like Mars, Venus, Pluto, and the sun-god Jesus for them not finding us yet, or this Globe will be a living hell like you said!?

So I don't understand why people don't believe in hell, .. when as you can see from that video, it is "within our reach", .. and with no Creator God, who will stop those that both can create eternal life, AND cause hell on earth? Who, Big-Bangers like Michio Kaku or Evolutionists like Richard Dawkins?

Hell isn't what scares me, .. it's 'eternal life' that really scares me,

.. without God that is.
    Nathaniel_BGeorge_HorseZombieguy1987
  • KeithJoinerKeithJoiner 14 Pts   -  
    Humans cannot prove a negative, thus proving something doesn't exist is impossible for a human. Therefore, this entire debate is useless. I wouldn't respond to Yeshua anyway though. I completely obliterated him in my opening argument in a debate on DDO, and he has been completely silent since, forfeiting every subsequent round. If you're marginally intelligent, he'll back down.
    Zombieguy1987George_Horse
  • Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -  
  • ApplesauceApplesauce 243 Pts   -  
    doesn't the bible say God is everywhere, so God is also in hell?  I mean if it's a place, either God is NOT everywhere or there is no hell, take your pick.
    Zombieguy1987
    "I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
    Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"
    The Animals
    MayCaesar said:

In a very advanced alien civilization, where mortality is no longer a factor, there could very well exist an artificial hell, where those who considered to have committed incredibly vile crimes are kept alive and tortured for eternity. I would hope, however, that every society that has come so far technology-wise is well above such barbaric concepts as justified endless torment - otherwise out Universe might be a much darker place than we like to believe.
    @MayCaesar ;
    How can NASA.gov universe get any colder, hotter and darker than it is? -454.81 Fahrenheit cold, and millions of degrees hot, between gods like Helios aka stars. This is why you need your trusty magical NASA.gov(r) certified spacesuits! (Just don't go into a vacuum chamber in them, you'd be dead in a quantum minute. Remember kids, space suits are just for space, not in reality!)
    Zombieguy1987
    doesn't the bible say God is everywhere, so God is also in hell?  I mean if it's a place, either God is NOT everywhere or there is no hell, take your pick.
    @Applesauce ;
    No, "everything is In God", in Infinite. So God is not in hell, but hell is In God.
    You're thinking of NASA.gov gods, or them Christian gods, now they truly are everywhere, and hell is going to be their home in just a little while.
    Zombieguy1987
  • ApplesauceApplesauce 243 Pts   -  
    @Evidence

Problem of Hell

doesn't appear anyone has defined or agreed to a definition of what hell is, guess that's the first step and probably the most important.
    "I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
    Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"
    The Animals