frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

One hundred percent birth control exists, change my mind.

Debate Information

I am not allowed to show graphic things on here, so let me introduce you to the bilateral salpingectomy. That is a birth control surgery where a CONSENTING woman 18 years old or older has her fallopian tubes removed for birth control or other reasons. This methods of birth control only fails if the woman has sex without birth control before the surgery, or does in vitro fertilization afterwards. Just to be clear, this surgery is only for consenting women age 18 or over. I no longer support forced sterilization, for the record.
K_Michael
About Persuade Me

Persuaded Argument

• K_MichaelK_Michael 114 Pts   -  
    Abstinence isn't technically 100% effective. Rape.
    I don't know the details of the surgery @YeshuaBought was talking about, but it seems to me that if done correctly, it would work. I would like @Ampersand to give us a link to this supposed medical report.
    @Applesauce As for the Bible, Mary likely could have chosen to reject having the Son of God if she had said so. We don't really know. Besides, we know that he won't be doing it again. the whole "Only-Begotten" thing, yaknow?
    "We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    Abstinence is also 100% effective.
    Applesauce
  • AmpersandAmpersand 858 Pts   -   edited January 2019
    https://www.fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(04)02993-0/fulltext

A medical text reporting on a case of a woman getting pregnant after bilateral salpingectomy. Ergo it's not 100% effective.

Although it's outside the topic of the debate, I'd also consider the implicit rationale fo bringing it up a bit pointless. Even if it were 100% effective, people wouldn't want to go through with it in any meaningful number.
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    @Ampersand Blocked.
    Zombieguy1987AmpersandApplesauce
  • AlecAlec 71 Pts   -  
    YeshuaBought 

Why did you block Ampersand?
    AmericanFurryBoyZombieguy1987
    @Alec Because he did not read what I wrote. This debate is about birth control, stay on topic or leave. 
    I am sorry for being mean. I will unblock everyone. I am really sick, and it makes me mad. This is my problem: I have hypothyroidism, and I need to start taking something for it. I am sorry.
  • ApplesauceApplesauce 243 Pts   -  
    CYDdharta said:
    not according to the bible :)
    CYDdhartaK_Michael
    "I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
    Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"
    The Animals
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5970 Pts   -  
    I might be thick, but I have never understood why anyone would ever willingly sterilize themselves. Even if you do not want to ever give birth, why remove the option? Maybe you will change your mind eventually. And if not, then it is not too hard to avoid getting pregnant without any tools/procedures whatsoever, with just a bit of common sense. By not sterilizing yourself, you do not lose anything. By sterilizing, you do, while gaining nothing.

I mean, I am as child free a person as one can get. I do not know if I will ever have a romantic relationship with anyone, as my brain is not wired in a way to make it work, or even desirable in the first place.  And even so, why would I permanently remove the possibility to help someone conceive a child? You never know what will happen in the future. If I do not want to impregnate anyone, I will not, and I do not need any operations for that.

Maybe I am missing something?
    CYDdharta said:
    I have the right to choose what to do with my body, an I already had my tubes removed. Not your body? Not your right. Deal with it.
    @MayCaesar Fair enough. It is your body, but can you understand why some people don't want children? 
  • AmpersandAmpersand 858 Pts   -  
    @K_Michael

At the very top of my previous post where I mentioned it.
    @Ampersand
    whoops, didn't see that.  :sweat_smile:
    I didn't understand most of it, but from what I can tell, there was only tissue growth, without any actual baby or embryo.
  • ApplesauceApplesauce 243 Pts   -  
    @K_Michael

it was a joke <span>:smile:</span>
    didn't he mean abstinence in the strictest sense as in no sex, which would included forced and illegal?
    "I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
    Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"
    The Animals
  • Ever heard of a condom?
    Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln
  • Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -  
    Alec said:
    YeshuaBought 

Why did you block Ampersand?

Oh look. Instead of acutally challenging his argument, you do the SJW thing and block him...

AmericanFurryBoy