frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

would you live in norway?

Debate Information

would you live in a society with high taxes if you got good services and a high standard of living and a high quality of life? https://www.thenation.com/article/after-i-lived-in-norway-america-felt-backward-heres-why/  

After I Lived in Norway, America Felt Backward. Here’s Why.

A crash course in social democracy.

The passion for destruction is also a creative passion. Mikhail Bakunin

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Norway is a good place to live in terms of health care and economic equilibrium. The only thing that would put me off from living there is the climate. 

• billbatardbillbatard 133 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42 Climate is harsh true that

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    The climate would drive me crazy within the first year. I also am not a fan of Scandinavian culture in general, as it is too conformist and monotonous. Other than that, it is a very prosperous territory, and while I would not want to live there permanently, I would accept a temporary job offer there, given it is good enough.

Not interested in services or tax rates. I am interested in what my net income would be. It does not matter if I have to pay 0% or 99.99% in taxes, what matters is how much I have left after I do and what I can afford with that amount.

The author of the article seems to be the type of person who wants to do nothing and just party all night long. For such people, I guess, America, indeed, will feel backwards. I, on the other hand, have a lot of goals in my life which I would like to achieve, and I am not interested in "short work weeks": my work week is as long as my waking week is, and I would have it no other way, in the US, Norway or anywhere else.
    Applesauce
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    Living in Quebec City, the climate wouldn't bother me, it's about the same... I think it's the food that would give me pause but otherwise, sign me up! 
    billbatard
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
    @MayCaesar ;Freetown Christiania, also known as Christiania (DanishFristaden Christiania or Staden), is an intentional community and commune[1][2][3] of about 850 to 1,000 residents, covering 7.7 hectares (19 acres) in the borough of Christianshavn in the Danish capital city of Copenhagen.[4] It was temporarily closed to visitors by residents by consensus in the plenum in April 2011 and a later occasion, but later re-opened.[5]

Christiania has been a source of controversy since its creation in a squatted military area in 1971. Its cannabis trade was tolerated by authorities until 2004. Since then, relations between Christiania and Danish authorities have been strained. Since the beginning of the 2010s, the situation has been normalized and the common Danish law now applies to Christiania.

Freetown Christiania, also known as Christiania (DanishFristaden Christiania or Staden), is an intentional community and commune[1][2][3] of about 850 to 1,000 residents, covering 7.7 hectares (19 acres) in the borough of Christianshavn in the Danish capital city of Copenhagen.[4] It was temporarily closed to visitors by residents by consensus in the plenum in April 2011 and a later occasion, but later re-opened.[5]

Christiania has been a source of controversy since its creation in a squatted military area in 1971. Its cannabis trade was tolerated by authorities until 2004. Since then, relations between Christiania and Danish authorities have been strained. Since the beginning of the 2010s, the situation has been normalized and the common Danish law now applies to Christiania.Image result for freetown christiania

After last year being ranked the second most innovative country worldwide by the Bloomberg index, the Scandinavian nation has dropped to seventh place in the 2019 edition.

To create the index, Bloomberg measures factors across seven criteria: research and development spending, manufacturing capability, concentration of high-tech public companies, patent activity, research personnel concentration, tertiary education, and productivity.

READ ALSO: Largest innovation hub in the Nordics launched in Stockholm

South Korea retained first place position, which it has held in six of the seven editions of the ranking, and was followed by Germany and Finland in the second and third spots, up from fourth and seventh place respectively.

That left Sweden as the second most innovative Nordic country, with Denmark in 11th place and Norway at 17th. 

Sweden's highest scores were in research and development spending, where it was ranked 4th worldwide, research personnel concentration (5th), and concentration of high-tech public companies (6th).

In July last year, Sweden dropped one place in another global innovation ranking, but was still ranked third in the study compiled by World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), Cornell University and France's INSEAD business school. @MayCaesar ;After last year being ranked the second most innovative country worldwide by the Bloomberg index, the Scandinavian nation has dropped to seventh place in the 2019 edition.

To create the index, Bloomberg measures factors across seven criteria: research and development spending, manufacturing capability, concentration of high-tech public companies, patent activity, research personnel concentration, tertiary education, and productivity.

READ ALSO: Largest innovation hub in the Nordics launched in Stockholm

South Korea retained first place position, which it has held in six of the seven editions of the ranking, and was followed by Germany and Finland in the second and third spots, up from fourth and seventh place respectively.

That left Sweden as the second most innovative Nordic country, with Denmark in 11th place and Norway at 17th. 

Sweden's highest scores were in research and development spending, where it was ranked 4th worldwide, research personnel concentration (5th), and concentration of high-tech public companies (6th).

In July last year, Sweden dropped one place in another global innovation ranking, but was still ranked third in the study compiled by World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), Cornell University and France's INSEAD business school. https://www.thelocal.se/20190123/sweden-slips-in-innovative-countries-ranking

@MayCaesar it is neither conformist or monotonous where do you get that rot, it is one of the most creative cultures in the world

• George_HorseGeorge_Horse 499 Pts   -  
    If it weren't for high taxes, I'd live there. They seem pretty cool on guns, and aren't particularly liberal on them. 
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? " ~Epicurus

"A communist is like a crocodile" ~Winston Churchill

We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.~Orson Welles