frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is the Earth expanding?

Debate Information

The Earth is expanding which explains why all the continents fit together when you subtract the water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJfBSc6e7QQ&t=3s

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
33%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited May 2019
    You say .....The Earth is expanding which explains why all the continents fit together when you subtract the water.

My reply ....So your two debates so far here have been “Vaccinations are a scam “ and the “Earth is expanding “ both are featured on the RatioWiki site as nonsense only taken seriously by  crackpots and cranks like you ......

I note you back this one up with a You Tube video ROTFL .......I bet your next topic is “The Earth is Flat “ 
  • AkhenatenAkhenaten 106 Pts   -  
    The Flat Earth conspiracy is a pharmaceutical company funded conspiracy to give conspiracies a bad name and to put people off the scent of real conspiracies. I am glad that you didn't fall for it. rofl.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    You say .....The Flat Earth conspiracy is a pharmaceutical company funded conspiracy to give conspiracies a bad name and to put people off the scent of real conspiracies.

My reply .....It seems your whole world view is informed by conspiracy theories and now a pharmaceutical company creates a conspiracy to put people off the scent so yet another two conspiracies to add to the list ......How Hilarious 

You say ......I am glad that you didn't fall for it. rofl.

My reply ......I’m glad you didn’t fall for the expanding Earth or Vacinnation conspiracies .......Oh wait you did ROTFLMAO 
  • OppolzerOppolzer 191 Pts   -  
    The continents fit together for an apparent reason - they were connected at earlier times. By looking at the different types of fossils and rocks along the edges of the continents, they match up exactly. And at once, an "expanding earth theory" was earnestly considered as an explanation. Although, it lost out to the continental drift theory - a theory that explains why the continents match up so accurately. But apart from the expanding earth theory, the continental drift theory is well-established with a handful of data to support the theory.

Another evident reason that debunks an expanding earth is that we are now capable of measuring the size of the earth and the positions of the continents precisely enough, that we can firmly say the earth is not expanding, but the continents are drifting. 
  • AkhenatenAkhenaten 106 Pts   -   edited June 2019

The expanding Earth at present: evidence from temporal gravity field and space-geodetic data
    Wen-Bin Shen1,2,*, Rong Sun1 , Wei Chen1 , Zhenguo Zhang1 , Jin Li1 , Jiancheng Han1 , Hao Ding
    https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/33151351.pdf
    Thus, the earth is expanding at a minimum rate of 0.24mm per year.
    Note - An earth with just one continent and one ocean is illogical. The laws of mathematics and probability wouldn't allow it to exist. In fact, only a 5 year old child would conceive such a ridiculous concept.