frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Think

Debate Information

What do you think this world would be like if there were no Hypothetical questions?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• 대왕광개토대왕광개토 235 Pts   -  
    I can't make a clear image of the world you are talking about.
  • OppolzerOppolzer 191 Pts   -  
    Well, to answer your hypothetical question, I would say the world would be profoundly uninteresting. Hypothetical questions have led to a myriad of great things, and without them, we wouldn't have figured out a ton about the universe. We would lose abstract thought and the ability to hypothesize more than one conclusion. Regardless of the nature of the hypothetical question, I believe we can learn more about a person concerning their personalities, opinions, beliefs, etc. Without this type of thinking, we would inevitably slow down regarding development.
    MayCaesarWinstonC
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5970 Pts   -  
    Hypothetical questions are strongly connected to our ability to think. Without questions such as "If I did X, what would happen?" we really are left to operate purely on instincts, which would put us in line with the rest of the animal kingdom. We would not have created civilisations, we would not have developed technology, we would not have learned to communicate with each other in a complex way; we would just be wandering around and operate on our immediate feelings.
    OppolzerWinstonC
  • jesusisGod777jesusisGod777 115 Pts   -  
    Listen. 

Reality is defined as all of what is real or exists.

Therefore , everyone expieriences the exact same things. No one's understanding deviates.

Jesus is Lord.

As a matter or fact the reason Jesus was a person and did what he did is because of what is true concerning reality as it relates to Jesus who is God.
    maxx