frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Should same sex marriage be legal?

Debate Information

I say yes. I am bisexual, and fully affirming of LGBTQI people. Who I marry is no one's business, but the consenting adult that I love.
smoothieJohn_C_87SkepticalOne

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    In here before the @RickeyD tirade...

It is the union of two consenting adults loving each other. The gender does not matter nor is race or status. Marriage exists outside of the scope of religion as the ultimate bond between two humans. The people getting married can decide how much of religion should be apart of the marriage, marriage is not exclusive to christians and does not belong to them. Marriage should not even have to go through a higher power, it is a private affair between two humans. Attempting to suppress marriage between two consenting adults is ultimately authoritarian ignorance and people who attempt to should find other things to do instead of being so involved with adults private lives in the bedroom...
    Happy_KillbotPlaffelvohfenDee
    why so serious?
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    The institute of marriage should be fully privatised, so the government has no say in the matter. Individual private organisations should be able to decide for themselves who to allow to marry, and the marriage should be nothing but a private certificate; it should not be something recorded in a state registry.
    smoothieHappy_Killbot
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaRedeemed ; Same-sex Marriage does NOT exist. Now I understand your carnal positioning...you're not a Christian, you don't serve Christ, you serve your flesh in aberrant sexual lust in lesbianism as you also advocate for the mutilation of babies in the womb.  You are a servant of Satan, not Christ!  (John 8:44)

Obergefell v. Hodges is demonically inspired filth that spits in the face of our Creator's Covenant of Marriage initiated in The Genesis of Creation (Genesis 2:18-25; Mark 10:6-9). God has ordained marriage between one-man/one-woman becoming one-flesh for life and anything outside this protective covenant is sexual immorality - sin and will be Judged as same lest the offender repent of their homosexuality-lesbianism (STOP THE OFFENDING CONDUCT) and believe in their heart, confess with their mouth that Jesus Christ-Yeshua is God who died to pay their sin-debt and that He was resurrected for their justification leading to Eternal life (Romans 10:9-10).

The unrepentant homosexual-lesbian will NOT see life in God's Kingdom but they will die a second death in Hell subsequent to the Judgment of the Condemned manifesting subsequent to the Millennial Reign of Messiah-Yeshua (Revelation 20:11-15).

smoothieHappy_KillbotZeusAres42DeeAmericanFurryBoySkepticalOne
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    Most topics I can debate both ways, and I always try to understand as many positions as I can, but this is one of the few that I can't.

To start, I believe that everything should acceptable until it is proven to be a net loss to society. Therefore, I will not analyze any pros for gay marriage, only claims against it. I am also going to treat the right of homosexual couples to raise children as a separate issue.

If humans were still scraping rocks to survive, maybe there would be a good argument about maximizing population, but seeing as we are a global society that is irrelevant. We don't need everyone to have kids to stay relevant. Disconnecting marriage from it's procreative purpose isn't a good argument at the societal level.

Homosexuality used to be considered a disease, but that is irrelevant now. I have never met anyone who I would have found no hard evidence for this It no longer stands as a valid reason.

One of the most prevalent claims is that it will undercut sexual fidelity. This seems to me like an argument from ignorance, and I see no basis for its truth.

I know that a certain fanatic will make the argument that the bible says being gay isn't okay. There are approximately 100 different arguments I could make here about why that is a bad argument, but I will fall on the constitution which stands for separation of church and state, therefore using any holy book as a source for legal advice ought to be frowned upon, lest it interfere with other religious practices that don't forbid it.

If there are other arguments I have not listed here, please inform me and I will do my best to think of reasons they are invalid.
    smoothiePlaffelvohfen
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
    @Happy_Killbot I have debated with the likes of anti-gay hate groups such as Westboro and MassResistance and they all boil down to the bible and not the law. They try everything they can to equate homosexuality as lesser in our reality as their bible says. It is funny because most of their claims are disproved by science (which looks at reality and not fantasy). It is logically inept to make claims when you are only doing it to prove your holy book and nothing else. This pretty much describes every single one of @RickeyD 's arguments.
    Happy_KillbotPlaffelvohfen
    why so serious?
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    @RickeyD

I do not say this often to people, as I am a nice guy - but you truly are an abhorrent person. You have deep distaste towards everyone who is different from you in any possible way and wish everyone who does not share your values to suffer.

I sincerely hope that you discover one day the power of love, affection and acceptance, and do not remain for the rest of your life a bitter person.

Take some time off. Travel around the world, meet people from different cultures, drink beer with those whose views you dislike. You will discover that there is so much more to life, than a wooden farm in the middle of nowhere with a church nearby and the same 20 white people you see every day.

Otherwise, you will always remain miserable. I know a lot of examples of people who lived for 80, 90, sometimes even 100 years, with that scowl on their face and resentment towards everyone. You are going down that same path.

We will all be corpses one day, so it does not really matter in the grand scheme - but since you are alive now, might as well live a bright, colorful life, and not this dank cave lifestyle.
    smoothieHappy_KillbotPlaffelvohfenZeusAres42Dee
    @RickeyD Same with all the Christians who may have been mislead by the devil, because as I am sure you know, is very reasonable.

Not all ancient holy texts say homosexuality is evil, don't infringe on the right of other's religions by violating separation of church and state. If violating church and state is your thing, move to Canada or Europe where it isn't a thing. Otherwise stop tying to DESTROY AMERICA!
    smoothie
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,

• Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    @smoothie This Holtsclaw guy bothers me, and judging by other's responses even in just this thread he bothers a lot of people.

Normally I champion free speech, but I draw the line when the sole purpose of that speech is to silence another group, spreading of information hazards, or deliberate intolerance of another group.

"Gay isn't okay, stone them today, the bible says right away!" is a despicable argument
    (I'll admit it, I'm throwing this in here for relevancy )

• smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -  
    All he does is spew religious all over the site, which does not belong in debates about reality and current events. When your argument is "god says so, so im right" then you already lost hard
    Happy_KillbotPlaffelvohfen
    why so serious?
  • smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -  
    On a lighter note.. these are the benefits that same-sex spouses can gain with the legalization of same-sex marriages

Legal Rights Accorded to Married Couples 

According to a report given to the Office of the General Counsel of the U.S. General Accounting Office, here are a few of the benefits provided by the federal government to legally married couples:

• Access to shopping in military stores based on a spouse's military status
    • Assumption of a spouse’s pension
    • Bereavement leave
    • Immigration rights
    • Sharing insurance coverage 
    • Making medical decisions on behalf of a spouse 
    • Sick leave to care for spouse 
    • Social Security survivor benefits
    • Tax breaks, such as the ability to file joint married returns 
    • Veteran’s discounts
    • Visitation with spouse in a hospital or prison

State-Level Benefits

Many state-level benefits mirror those that are available at the federal level, but some states offer additional rights. 

• Assumption of a spouse’s pension
    • Automatic inheritance rights -- It is illegal and statutorily impossible to disown your spouse in every state but Georgia 
    • Automatic housing lease transfer
    • Bereavement leave
    • Burial determination
    • Child custody
    • Crime victim’s recovery benefits
    • Divorce protections
    • Domestic violence protection
    • Exemption from property taxes on transfers after a spouse's death 
    • Immunity from testifying against your spouse
    • Insurance breaks
    • Joint adoption and foster care
    • Joint bankruptcy
    • Joint parenting with regard to insurance coverage and school records 
    • Making medical decisions on behalf of your spouse 
    • Certain property rights
    • Reduced rate memberships
    • Sick leave to care for your spouse 
    • Visitation with your spouse's children in the event of divorce, although this may ultimately be decided on a case-by-case basis
    • Visitation with your spouse in a hospital or prison 
    • Wrongful death and loss of consortium claims and benefits. 

Thanks to legalization, same-sex couples can access these rights.
    why so serious?
    @smoothie ; There is the law of man and there is the law of God. You can be judged by man's law in this flesh but you will judged by God's law in accordance with His righteousness in Eternity (Ecclesiastes 12:14). If you die in sin, the violations of God's Law, you die without hope (John 8:24). Jesus Christ suffered and died to provide you forgiveness for your violations of God's Law thereby providing you access to God's Kingdom subsequent to death of the body if you'll believe and confess Jesus as your Lord and Savior (Romans 10:9-10); otherwise, you have no hope (John 3:18). You must agree to come to God the Father His way through Jesus Christ because there is NO OTHER WAY for man to find righteousness (a right standing) with God but by grace through faith in Jesus Christ as Lord for the mediation of sin! (John 14:6; John 3:16)

smoothieHappy_KillbotDee
    @MayCaesar ; I am here out of obedience to my Lord because He desires you be saved and come to a knowledge of the Truth. You are lost, dying in your sin and headed to death in Hell without hope. This is NOT our Creator's will for your life. You must humble yourself, admit you're a sinner in need of a Savior and sincerely believe in your heart that Jesus is God who died for your sins; otherwise, your entire existence in Time will have been for naught.  I urge you to perform an exegesis on the "Gospel of John" and the "Book of Romans"...make an informed decision concerning your Eternity and don't die in ignorance!

smoothieZeusAres42Dee
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD ;

Quite the contrary; the Goddess is pretty good in bed, and she likes my sins! She punishes me for them daily. Mmm... Oh, sorry, I got a little carried away.

Does your Lord punish you as well? Does it involve... a whip? Handcuffs? No? Apologies, I forget myself sometimes.
    smoothieHappy_KillbotPlaffelvohfen
    @smoothie ; Human physiology, the moral law, commonsense, morality, ethics, common-decency, apart from God's Covenant of Marriage testify against your debauchery and rebellion to normalcy in same-sex unions-intercourse. Even if one never knew God, the Scriptures, the law written upon our heart testifies against the absurdity of homosexual and lesbian sex...this is demonic, this is deception, this is death of the mind, body, soul and Satan celebrates your decision to seek his will for your life and your Eternity.  
    smoothie
    @MayCaesar ; You are free to mock now but in that Day you will find horror and sadness for rejecting the suffering and death of Messiah-Yeshua for the forgiveness of your sin and the redemption of your spirit/soul from death in Hell.

The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will weed out of His kingdom every cause of sin and all who practice lawlessness. 42And they will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.…  Matthew 13:41-43

smoothieHappy_Killbot
    @smoothie ; Though man may grant the sexually perverse rights only due those legitimately joined as one-flesh under the Covenant of God in Marriage between one-man/one-woman forever, your union of perversion is NOT recognized in the Kingdom as legitimate or as marriage or as a Covenant and your sin cries out to the Lord for recompense.

smoothieHappy_Killbot
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

Feast your eyes on these two beauties making out bet you would love to be a fly on the wall.....Wait ! You swing the other way don’t you? You’re a closet gay as you never stop going on about it ......

Happy_Killbotsmoothie
  • Same gender marriage is not legal just costly and hard to enforce the crimes. However if we legalize witness tampering and perjury it can be. Let's pass a law making perjury and witness tampering legal. Constitutionally it might be best for all concern if we just describe the union in united state as Binivir and Binimulier, I personally like Binivir and Unosmulier better for scientific reasons outside of common knowledge identifying events that help separate the three types of public events without prejudice, or requirements to observations that might identify a new citizen being brought across a border into a nation.

Taking advantage of witnesses is a United State Constitutional issue when a person has a first amendment right there is a duty to evaluate the cost and self-value of writing and words on official events of public record.
  • @RickeyD

Have you actually got an argument that isn't either an appeal to faith, spirituality, or religious authority?

Blind faith in place of reason is an extremely dangerous and chaotic way to live one's life.
    PlaffelvohfensmoothieHappy_KillbotDee

@Dee ; My first assignment as a rookie police officer in Houston TX, 1980, was the Montrose community which is one of the largest LGBTQ communities in the United States. I policed this pit of debauchery on four-different shifts and there is nothing in photography that can surprise me...I have seen it all concerning the perversion, the mental illness, the hopelessness, the death, deception of the homosexual-lesbian-transsexual.

You glory in your filth because you are dead spiritually and an alien to the truth of life and understanding...you have chosen the ways of Sodom and you will incur the wrath of God for your rebellious, immoral, sin against His Covenant of Marriage as established in The Genesis lest you repent, STOP the filthy-immoral conduct, and trust in Jesus Christ as your Lord for the mediation of your sin.

ZeusAres42PlaffelvohfenHappy_Killbotsmoothie
  • @ZeusAres42 ;
    I have a legal objection on why a man cannot be married to another man, plus a woman cannot be married to another woman. I pronounce them as Binivir and UnosMulier. Marriage, BiniVir and UnosMulier are clearly not the same public likely-hood.

The question is do you have a legal objection to bind three clearly deferent public likelihoods with three Title as 1st Amendment filed grievance?  
    PlaffelvohfenHappy_Killbotsmoothie
  • @RickeyD

This is a debate site. Not a preaching site. If you want to preach then please find some rare corner of planet where people may share your same deluded and medieval views.
    Plaffelvohfensmoothie

@ZeusAres42 ; My faith and love for Jesus Christ is not blind but is based upon evidence that I cannot reject or deny. I was a police officer for 31-yrs and I am very familiar with evidence, direct-empirical and circumstantial-hearsay. Even as a child, my observation of a clear night sky left me no doubt that design was in play which necessitated a Designer (Romans 1:18-32). I did not know that Designer's Name nor did I enter into a relationship with Him for another 25-30-yrs but I've never had any doubt that my Creator existed and that I was subject to His power, dominion, authority, over my life.

I played games with this knowledge during my teenage and early adult years by compromising with the flesh and rationalizing my base-desires by taking limited knowledge of God's edicts out of context and spiritualizing them to conform to my will as opposed to God's will for my life, in-turn, I reaped what I sowed and those scars exist on my heart and body to this very day.

I discovered in my life's journey, now of 62-yrs, that our Creator is a Gentleman and will NOT impose Himself on us but that He stands ready to love us, forgive us, enter into a personal relationship with us if we honestly desire to know Him. If one is willing to seek God with their whole heart, He will be found by anyone honestly, fervently, desiring to know Him. 

Personally, I found God to be true by sitting quietly and reading a paraphrased copy of the Bible "The Living Bible" beginning in the Gospel of Matthew and reading the New Testament. It was that initial read that caused me to look-up from the pages and ask "Where has this Truth been all my life?"  That initial read initiated a subsequent in-depth study of the Scriptures in other translations and in the original languages as well.

It was within the pages of Scripture (2 Timothy 2:15) that I came to know Jesus Christ as Messiah, God, Lord, Creator, Redeemer, Sustainer, Judge, and once I acknowledged that Jesus is Lord, I received the Gift of the indwelling Holy Spirit who is the Seal/Guarantor of an eternal relationship with God the Father by grace through faith in Jesus Christ as Lord (Ephesians 1:13). It is the indwelling Holy Spirit that becomes the Tutor, Teacher, Wisdom, Knowledge, Discernment, Truth, in the life of the believer in Jesus Christ (1 John 2:27; John 16:13).

My life took a dramatic turn and I experienced the greatest and most profound LOVE, peace, joy, assurance, contentment, I've ever known and I now have knowledge of God's Plan concerning origin; meaning and purpose of life; God's moral law having been written upon my heart at conception and why and an understanding relevant to my destiny in this life in Time and in Eternity (2 Corinthians 5:17).

It is by faith (trusting-believing) that God is true and that He will do exactly as He has promised...it is this faith that initiates God's favor toward the person who trusts in Him! (Hebrews 11:6)

smoothieZeusAres42
  • For the legal record Plaffelvohfen perjury is not a fallacy and a marriage between a man and woman is a public-likelihood even when a civil union. Do you have an legal object to my legal objection or not? This is a publicly filed grievance.
    Plaffelvohfensmoothie
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    smoothie said:
    In here before the @RickeyD tirade...

It is the union of two consenting adults loving each other. The gender does not matter nor is race or status. Marriage exists outside of the scope of religion as the ultimate bond between two humans. The people getting married can decide how much of religion should be apart of the marriage, marriage is not exclusive to christians and does not belong to them. Marriage should not even have to go through a higher power, it is a private affair between two humans. Attempting to suppress marriage between two consenting adults is ultimately authoritarian ignorance and people who attempt to should find other things to do instead of being so involved with adults private lives in the bedroom...
    APPLAUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    John_C_87
    I think @RickeyD muted me, so someone should explain what confirmation bias is.

The fact that he was a police officer means that he only saw the bad side of people, because no one calls the cops on good law abiding citizens. So for all he knows, for every homosexual person doing evil he saw there could be thousands of good homosexuals.

He used to be in the military so he will probably respond if you tell him the WWII story of Abraham Wald the mathematician who saved countless lives by recognizing that returning planes needed armor where there were no bullet holes, because the planes that had armor elsewhere never made it back.

https://medium.com/@penguinpress/an-excerpt-from-how-not-to-be-wrong-by-jordan-ellenberg-664e708cfc3d
    smoothieAmericanFurryBoy

@YeshuaRedeemed ; You will not find life in God's Kingdom by rejecting His will for your life in Yeshua-Jesus. The unrepentant lesbian-homosexual will not see life in God's Kingdom. You must repent and live a life seeking obedience to our God...if you can live in wilful sin i.e. lesbianism, you do not know God.

smoothiePlaffelvohfenZeusAres42
    @RickeyD You don't have the right to dictate my marital choices, or force your beliefs on me. If you preach that all gays go to Hell, you are a terrorist.
    PlaffelvohfensmoothieHappy_Killbot
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaRedeemed ; You will not find life in God's Kingdom by rejecting His will for your life in Yeshua-Jesus. The unrepentant lesbian-homosexual will not see life in God's Kingdom. You must repent and live a life seeking obedience to our God...if you can live in wilful sin i.e. lesbianism, you do not know God.

Judge not lest ye be judged, terrorist.
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    @YeshuaRedeemed ; God has the right and the authority to dictate your marital choices concerning sexuality...I am simply telling you what God has said. You asked the question in the OP, I am responding with Truth.

If I say to the wicked, “You shall surely die,” and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, in order to save his life, that wicked person shall die for his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. But if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, or from his wicked way, he shall die for his iniquity, but you will have delivered your soul.  Ezekiel 3:18-19

Who will rise up for me against the wicked? Who will stand for me against those who practice iniquity? Psalm 94:16

smoothie
    Heres a random quote from somebody that actually matters

YeshuaBought
    why so serious?
    @smoothie ; Sometimes it's not the volume of the message but the recipients unwillingness to listen due to secretive biases.

“There are honest doubters and dishonest doubters. An honest doubter is willing to search out the truth and live by the results; a dishonest doubter doesn’t want to know the truth. He can’t find God for the same reason a thief can’t find a policeman.” Adrian Rogers

RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaRedeemed ; God has the right and the authority to dictate your marital choices concerning sexuality...I am simply telling you what God has said. You asked the question in the OP, I am responding with Truth.

If I say to the wicked, “You shall surely die,” and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, in order to save his life, that wicked person shall die for his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. But if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, or from his wicked way, he shall die for his iniquity, but you will have delivered your soul.  Ezekiel 3:18-19

Who will rise up for me against the wicked? Who will stand for me against those who practice iniquity? Psalm 94:16

You are not God, so you DON'T have the right to my marital choices.
    smoothie said:
    Heres a random quote from somebody that actually matters

APPLAUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • @RickeyD You don't have the right to dictate my marital choices, or force your beliefs on me. If you preach that all gays go to Hell, you are a terrorist.
    No one is dictating you marriage choice but you, forming a public likelihood and demanding that a witness lie is never corrected by accusation of discrimination. The problem was those who are creating the likely-hood publicly failed to honor the duty to the law on behalf of the public.
    Binivir , Unosmulier, Marriage, Civil Union all three are seen different when witnessed publicly.
    John_C_87 said:
    @RickeyD You don't have the right to dictate my marital choices, or force your beliefs on me. If you preach that all gays go to Hell, you are a terrorist.
    No one is dictating you marriage choice but you, forming a public likelihood and demanding that a witness lie is never corrected by accusation of discrimination. The problem was those who are creating the likely-hood publicly failed to honor the duty to the law on behalf of the public.
    Binivir , Unosmulier, Marriage, Civil Union all three are seen different when witnessed publicly.
    Yes antigay bigots ARE dictating marital choices. Blocked for trolling.
  • @Plaffelvohefen

@smoothie

Don’t laugh yet because here is the really funny part. Is their anyone here who holds a legal objection to the legal binding of couple as BiniVir or Unosmulier? RickeyD? Happy-Killbot? smoothie? AeusAres? Dee?MayCaesar@ YeshuaRedeemed? Plaffelvohefen? Speak now or forever hold your peace. A person may or may not know the difference between witnessing a likelihood or private corporation formation. It doesn’t mean they should be removed as a viable witness.

Here is your chance to shine.....

@John_C_87 I'm sorry, can you please clarify what you mean?

I googled "biniVir and Unosmulier" and got no clear hits in relationship to homosexuality.

Can you please define those terms, and/or restate your argument, because right now this seems to be the sole place on the internet that uses those terms.

smoothiePlaffelvohfen

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

***** . I policed this pit of debauchery on four-different shifts and there is nothing in photography that can surprise me...I have seen it all concerning the perversion 

You lucky dog getting paid to watch lesbians make out , bet your missus always got a good old fashioned seeing to when you got home from your shift .......

AmericanFurryBoy
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Happy_Killbot

Thats John for you he has a personal dictionary full of such terms 
    PlaffelvohfenHappy_Killbot
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @Happy_Killbot

Yeah, John is known for having penned his very own dictionary and thesaurus... Maybe he thought it sounded latin and that it would, for some reason, give his comment an aura of academic validity.

It's a fail obviously...
    DeeHappy_Killbot
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    @YeshuaRedeemed ; If you studied Matthew 7, you would see the edict "Judge not lest ye be judged" is directed to those who judge in hypocrisy. That is, do not judge your brother concerning the speck in his eye when you have a plank-a board in your own eye.

Everyone possessing even a modicum of discernment makes judgments everyday; how else does one differentiate between what is right and what is wrong in accordance with the objective moral law written upon our heart by our Creator at conception (Romans 2:15)?

Later, concerning judging, Jesus tells His followers that when we do judge, we're to use a "righteous judgment" i.e. the word of God as a standard by which to judge righteousness v. iniquity/sin. When I tell you that you're living a lie suggesting that you're a "Christian lesbian"...I'm not judging you in hypocrisy but I am using God's standard of righteousness i.e. His Scriptures to warn you that you cannot live in wilful disobedience to God and simultaneously be His servant/child, a Christian. You are living in self-deception and a lie and you are seeking death in your sin and death in Hell for your disobedience and your error in self-deception.

@YeshuaRedeemed ; I can tell you as a Christian that if you choose a same-sex union you're not entering into a marriage covenant but you're simply engaging in sexual perversion; immorality that is not recognized as legitimate by our Creator and if you continue in your immorality as a lesbian and refuse to repent and refuse to seek Jesus Christ as Lord, you will NOT see life in God's Kingdom but ultimately lose your soul in Hell in Eternity.

smoothie
    @Dee @Plaffelvohfen That's interesting. So is this like, constant?

I have been using this site for less than a week and so far seems like everyone is either bats**t insane or just not very good at debate. It's kind of disappointing. For a second I thought that maybe these were legal terms in some other language that had no English equivalent, but if John is just making it up to sound cool for a cheap victory, that's just sad.

We live in an information age, no one has any excuse for not knowing something.
    Plaffelvohfen

• @RickeyD
    bUt GoD sAiD sO.
    Yeah mate, this god that hides behind threats made in a book older than you are. You don’t love anyone other than yourself, you simply make yourself think your preaching is out of “love” so that you can have a thin veneer between you and the fact that the Bible is most likely fiction. People marrying others of the same sex is up them. If god didn’t want them to marry, he wouldn’t have given them this “Mental Disease.”
    smoothie
    Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln
    @RickeyD do you have any logical reasons in your head? Beside your own preaching religion? If not, then stop spamming about your religion on every topic because you can't force everyone to follow your religion. So in point, your arguments are void. This is a debate website and not a religious echochamber.

If all you know is your god then keep quiet and actually debate using our reality. Nearly every single one of your "contributions" is just preaching religion. Frankly this entire website is sick of you.

Name a reason why you are against same-sex marriage that is not related to religion.
    AmericanFurryBoy
    why so serious?
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @Happy_Killbot

Yeah it's constant... There are a few actual good debaters on here with different positions, but the trolls and preachers outnumber them by far and management/moderation seem to be absent... 
    Happy_Killbot
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • John_C_87 said:
    @ZeusAres42 ;
    I have a legal objection on why a man cannot be married to another man, plus a woman cannot be married to another woman. I pronounce them as Binivir and UnosMulier. Marriage, BiniVir and UnosMulier are clearly not the same public likely-hood.

The question is do you have a legal objection to bind three clearly deferent public likelihoods with three Title as 1st Amendment filed grievance?  
    Start speaking English John and someone might actually have a discussion with you.

@Plaffelvohfen ; I've seen NOTHING of substance from you, yet you condemn those who contribute. If you're offended, why not "mute" those who offend you and go about your business?  Find the mute option on my home page and activate it, you'll only see my icon void my responses to others. Have a wonderful life.
    @smoothie ; If you have questions ask them in an understandable format...if you're offended by the Truth of Scripture, find my home page and mute me...no need to suffer torment from the Gospel...please, just mute me and go away...