frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

This is unfair, change my mind.

Debate Information

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    Exactly which part do you think is unfair?
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    Exactly which part do you think is unfair?
    The part where a murderer sues the victim's family.
  • He wasn’t guilty, so he sued them for essentially making it look as though he was guilty, labeling him a racist, and defaming him. Mr. Zimmerman has every right to sue them
    Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaRedeemed He was acquitted of murder.

Just because he is trying to sue doesn't guarantee that he will win. Most likely the case will be dropped and only the lawyers will win.
    Plaffelvohfen
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    My understanding of the case is that Zimmerman was not found guilty for the shooting. Hence calling him a "murderer" is disingenuous. Regardless, anyone is allowed to file a lawsuit; you know well that he will not win this case. A $100m compensation request is ludicrous, pretty much, no matter the circumstances, and no judge is going to take it seriously.

Even if Zimmerman had been tortured in a dark dungeon daily for 30 years since early childhood, a $100m compensation would not make sense. The "market value" of human life nowadays is ~$130k, and while there are things, such as extreme torture, that can have a higher cost than the life itself, it is not going to increase the cost by three orders of magnitude.
    smoothie
  • PG_VoidPG_Void 2 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaRedeemed

Murderer is a harsh statement and not even true. He was acquitted of his charges, so calling him a murderer is simply inaccurate.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

So, if @YeshuaRedeemed repents on the deathbed, then she will get to enjoy all the boons of being a Christian? I do not see the reason then to do anything now: everyone can just live their lives however they want it, and repent at the last moment.

Religious morals are awesome! You do not have to serve in prison for your transgressions, or pay any fines. You just say, "I repent and accept Jesus Christ!", and everything is forgiven. Great!
    YeshuaBought
    He wasn’t guilty, so he sued them for essentially making it look as though he was guilty, labeling him a racist, and defaming him. Mr. Zimmerman has every right to sue them
    Yes he was, he shot that kid.
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaRedeemed ; There is NO such entity as a "gay Christian."  A Christian can be an individual who WAS gay-homosexual-lesbian in the past and repented of the sin and turned to Jesus Christ as Lord for the mediation of sin...but there are NO active homosexual-lesbian Christians. Unless the homosexual-lesbian REPENTS (STOPS) their immoral conduct and trusts in Jesus as Lord and seeks to walk obediently to God's will for their life, they will NOT see life in God's Kingdom. God is NOT mocked and whatever you sow this you will also reap.

The harassment stops now. I am reporting you for hate speech, and harassment
  • @YeshuaRedeemed
    The jury didn’t seem to think so
    YeshuaBought
    Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln
    @YeshuaRedeemed
    I don't care. He had no right to kill that boy, you racist.
  • smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaRedeemed
    I don't care. He had no right to kill that boy, you racist.
    He was stating the jury didn't think so, where does racism fall into this?
    why so serious?
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    @MayCaesar ; Actual deathbed conversions are probably extremely rare. Our God is Omniscient and He knows our every thought and the intent of our hearts. @YeshuaRedeemed will not deceive the Creator of the Universe and unless her heart is pure and she sincerely desires to know Yeshua-Jesus and truly repents of her sin, she will not enter the Kingdom of God upon death of her body constrained by Time (Revelation 21:27). God the Father is NOT going to permit unrepentant sin to enter His Kingdom and the ONLY One who can forgive sin is Jesus Christ (John 14:6).

The Holy Spirit equates our lives to that of the morning mist as it is dissipated by the warmth of the Sun - we are but a vapor in Time...we're here constrained by Time for a moment then we fade away and enter Eternity (James 4:14). In fact, this entire existence constrained by Time is NOTHING more than a form of spiritual boot-camp; unfortunately, Jesus Christ said that "many" will enter destruction via Hell and only a "few" will find life (Matthew 7:13-14). 

The Age of Grace is passing quickly for you and YeshuaRedeemed and the World as a whole is dying in sin; you would do well to sincerely, honestly, desperately, seek Jesus Christ as Lord by performing an exegesis of the "Gospel of John" and the "Book of Romans" and pray to the Holy Spirit that He would have mercy on you, that He would intercede and tutor you as you study so that you can find life in God's Kingdom by grace through faith in the Son, Jesus Christ, before it's too late.   

I have prayed and interceded for you and YeshuaRedeemed.

smoothie
  • uhohstinkyyuhohstinkyy 29 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD YOU MONKEY WHY YOU NOT FOLLOW ISLAM AND GET VIRGINS
  • smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD please at least attempt to follow the topic
    why so serious?
    I want to thank the many people who have made a stand against the off topic and anti LGBTQI+ hate speech directed against me, and the community, on this debate.
    smoothie
    RickeyD said:
    @MayCaesar ; Actual deathbed conversions are probably extremely rare. Our God is Omniscient and He knows our every thought and the intent of our hearts. @YeshuaRedeemed will not deceive the Creator of the Universe and unless her heart is pure and she sincerely desires to know Yeshua-Jesus and truly repents of her sin, she will not enter the Kingdom of God upon death of her body constrained by Time (Revelation 21:27). God the Father is NOT going to permit unrepentant sin to enter His Kingdom and the ONLY One who can forgive sin is Jesus Christ (John 14:6).

The Holy Spirit equates our lives to that of the morning mist as it is dissipated by the warmth of the Sun - we are but a vapor in Time...we're here constrained by Time for a moment then we fade away and enter Eternity (James 4:14). In fact, this entire existence constrained by Time is NOTHING more than a form of spiritual boot-camp; unfortunately, Jesus Christ said that "many" will enter destruction via Hell and only a "few" will find life (Matthew 7:13-14). 

The Age of Grace is passing quickly for you and YeshuaRedeemed and the World as a whole is dying in sin; you would do well to sincerely, honestly, desperately, seek Jesus Christ as Lord by performing an exegesis of the "Gospel of John" and the "Book of Romans" and pray to the Holy Spirit that He would have mercy on you, that He would intercede and tutor you as you study so that you can find life in God's Kingdom by grace through faith in the Son, Jesus Christ, before it's too late.   

I have prayed and interceded for you and YeshuaRedeemed.

You need to stay on topic, or be reported.
  • all4acttall4actt 305 Pts   -  
    @uhohstinkyy

Let me guess your one of those who believe that anyone who offers differing opinions to your's is a racist or a facist.

The way I see it is...Who does this???  Whether the shooting was justified or not the man killed their son and he should just give the family a pass.  They are angry and grieving and maybe they got the reasons behind it wrong but the fact still remains he killed their son.  Doesn't he feel anything about that one fact.  I just don't see how he can know he was responsible for the families loss and just not let go of anything they have to say about him.  How does he reconcile this in his mind?
    @uhohstinkyy

Let me guess your one of those who believe that anyone who offers differing opinions to your's is a racist or a facist.

The way I see it is...Who does this???  Whether the shooting was justified or not the man killed their son and he should just give the family a pass.  They are angry and grieving and maybe they got the reasons behind it wrong but the fact still remains he killed their son.  Doesn't he feel anything about that one fact.  I just don't see how he can know he was responsible for the families loss and just not let go of anything they have to say about him.  How does he reconcile this in his mind?
    @uhohstinkyy

@uhohstinkyy