frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

A proof against the Heliocentric Model

13»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    Ampersand said:
    @Erfisflat

As per Newtons laws, all objects in universe can accelerate if an appropriate force is applied to them. Why do you think moons are some magical exception to this universal constant?

Saying something is impossible while giving no reason that it is impossible as you have done is a child's argument. Do better.
    I think it's peculiar that Newton invented his own laws, after assuming the earth as a sphere.
    someone234
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat Laws which Einstein explicitly says make no sense at all at the quantum level.
    Erfisflat
  • AmpersandAmpersand 858 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    Ampersand said:
    @Erfisflat

As per Newtons laws, all objects in universe can accelerate if an appropriate force is applied to them. Why do you think moons are some magical exception to this universal constant?

Saying something is impossible while giving no reason that it is impossible as you have done is a child's argument. Do better.
    I think it's peculiar that Newton invented his own laws, after assuming the earth as a sphere.

In this post you make insinuations about Newton and his laws, offering no evidence (or even a point).

In your previous post you make a claim that it is impossible that the moon could accelerate but again offer no evidence to support this.

In the post before THAT one you made more baseless empty claims, again without evidence.

At this point it seems like you have nothing and are just posturing. Care to prove me wrong by making a post with even a hint of substance to it?

I tell you what, why don't you take me up on my challenge of drawing how you think 2 months of the moon's path would look relative to the sun? It should take 10 seconds to create if you don't mind about the curves being a bit wobbly from being drawn freestyle, a minute or two if you want it to look nice. I think there's a good change you can't do even that basic task and it will expose your ignorance and poor spatial reasoning.
    someone234
    Ampersand said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Ampersand said:
    @Erfisflat

In this post you make insinuations about Newton and his laws, offering no evidence (or even a point).

In your previous post you make a claim that it is impossible that the moon could accelerate but again offer no evidence to support this.

In the post before THAT one you made more baseless empty claims, again without evidence.

At this point it seems like you have nothing and are just posturing. Care to prove me wrong by making a post with even a hint of substance to it?

I tell you what, why don't you take me up on my challenge of drawing how you think 2 months of the moon's path would look relative to the sun? It should take 10 seconds to create if you don't mind about the curves being a bit wobbly from being drawn freestyle, a minute or two if you want it to look nice. I think there's a good change you can't do even that basic task and it will expose your ignorance and poor spatial reasoning.
    Sorry, but the point has been made, a drawing will not change anything. Why should a rock allegedly orbiting the spherical earth care if it appear to go faster or slower, and what exactly is causing it to slow or accelerate at will?
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    Ampersand said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Ampersand said:
    @Erfisflat

Sorry, but the point has been made, a drawing will not change anything. Why should a rock allegedly orbiting the spherical earth care if it appear to go faster or slower, and what exactly is causing it to slow or accelerate at will?
    If by point you mean you've made a lot of baseless claims that have no evidenciary worth, yeah I agree. That's kind of the whole point of my last spot analysing how your posts are completely lacking in content.

You made this thread saying you have proof but now you're just asking questions and don't seem to know anything. Do you have proof as you claimed in the OP or do you not understand basic physics? I'll debate you if you actually put forward an argument but I don't want to educate you if you don't know anything.
    Ampersand said:
     I'll debate you if you actually put forward an argument but I don't want to educate you if you don't know anything.
    Ad hominem.

A person who doesn't know anything is the best person to educate.
    Ampersand said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Ampersand said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Ampersand said:
    @Erfisflat

If by point you mean you've made a lot of baseless claims that have no evidenciary worth, yeah I agree. That's kind of the whole point of my last spot analysing how your posts are completely lacking in content.

You made this thread saying you have proof but now you're just asking questions and don't seem to know anything. Do you have proof as you claimed in the OP or do you not understand basic physics? I'll debate you if you actually put forward an argument but I don't want to educate you if you don't know anything.
    This is the beauty in a logical debate. I've pointed out a logical flaw in the mainstream model, and now, not only have I caused two heliocentric model proponents to contradict themselves, I've raised a question that has only been logically answered by either saying the earth's motion must be ignored (or the earth must be at rest) or the moon can accelerate and descelerate at will. Yet you say you dont want to "educate me".
    someone234

Wayne Dyer
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat
    The moon only accelerates in a circle way around the earth, sun and galaxy (may be in another way that we don't know of) and it does not do it at will. It's acceleration is predictable and happens due to gravity. The earths motion does not have to be ignored. It can be ignored because velocity is relative and the suns gravitational force is also constant.
    someone234
    Erfisflat said:
    Ampersand said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Ampersand said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Ampersand said:
    @Erfisflat

This is the beauty in a logical debate. I've pointed out a logical flaw in the mainstream model, and now, not only have I caused two heliocentric model proponents to contradict themselves, I've raised a question that has only been logically answered by either saying the earth's motion must be ignored (or the earth must be at rest) or the moon can accelerate and descelerate at will. Yet you say you dont want to "educate me".
    Yet another empty post. Instead of actually providing any evidence or reasoning that "the earth's motion must be ignored (or the earth must be at rest)" or "the moon can accelerate and descelerate at will" are the only logical outcomes, you just claim this is the case based on absolutely no evidence.

Come on, I'm willing to debate on this - all you have to do is meet the most basic level of argument expected of a debate participant; actually providing evidence to back up your claims rather than just assuming you're right because you say so. The burden of proof is on the person making the claim so until you actually provide proof that any of your claims are relevant, there is nothing for me to respond to.

Until you progress beyond the level of a childish claim e.g. essentially "I'm right because I say so" there isn't actually anything for me to respond to because your argument will always be inherently flawed and meaningless.
    someone234
    Ampersand said:
    Yet another empty post. Instead of actually providing any evidence or reasoning that "the earth's motion must be ignored (or the earth must be at rest)" or "the moon can accelerate and descelerate at will" are the only logical outcomes, you just claim this is the case based on absolutely no evidence.

Come on, I'm willing to debate on this - all you have to do is meet the most basic level of argument expected of a debate participant; actually providing evidence to back up your claims rather than just assuming you're right because you say so. The burden of proof is on the person making the claim so until you actually provide proof that any of your claims are relevant, there is nothing for me to respond to.

Until you progress beyond the level of a childish claim e.g. essentially "I'm right because I say so" there isn't actually anything for me to respond to because your argument will always be inherently flawed and meaningless.
    Thinking you're a real G, get pimpslapped tf out of here with that whiny sh**.

Get an argument or GET OUT.
    thank you Debra, accurate as always.

Ampersand said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Ampersand said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Ampersand said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Ampersand said:
    @Erfisflat

Your post is 99% hot air and opinion. The choices were the ones given to me by yourself and another proponent. I've only asked a valid question and given a real world observation as evidence for the basis of that question. For you to assert that my posts and logic amount to "I'm right because I say so" is an asinine statement, and has no factual basis. 

Wayne Dyer
This Debate has been closed.

DebateIsland.com

| The Best Online Debate Experience!
© 2023 DebateIsland.com, all rights reserved. DebateIsland.com | The Best Online Debate Experience! Debate topics you care about in a friendly and fun way. Come try us out now. We are totally free!

Contact us

customerservice@debateisland.com
Terms of Service

Get In Touch